Rare Randy Footage According to Marq Torien?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

ammalato

Rare Randy Footage According to Marq Torien?

Post by ammalato »

Anyone else catch this? I was listening to the Eddie Trunk tribute show (to Kevin Dubrow) and they were interviewing Marq Torien from Bulletboys where he mentioned having tried out for Ozzy (on guitar) after Randy Died. Now I realize that his whole interview is questionable (many things/timeframes just didn't add up) but He mentioned that during his rehersals with the band they would sit up at Ozzy's place and watch all these randy videos so that he could get a feel for his moves and manorisms. The question i have is...If not the After Hours footage, what were they watching? QR Stuff? I doubt. I don't believe it could be any of the chiacgo show that we see on youtube because that only surfaced later. So assuming that he isn't completely full of it.. What was it? Could it mean that Ozzy does in fact have some Randy footage that we Fanatics know nothing about?
Life's a stage and we're all in the cast.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I don't see that happening at all really. Why would Ozzy bring out old videos of his dead guitar player so his new guitar player could copy all of his moves? I've heard about that guy Marq and he sounds like a huge liar.
ammalato

Post by ammalato »

I hear ya. The guy did say that he also tried out for every other big name band ever...including Kiss, not to mention his questionable run in's with Vince Neil, Nikki Sixx, etc. I smell a big Fibber!
Life's a stage and we're all in the cast.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

ammalato wrote:I hear ya. The guy did say that he also tried out for every other big name band ever...including Kiss, not to mention his questionable run in's with Vince Neil, Nikki Sixx, etc. I smell a big Fibber!
Rudy says in his book that Marq auditioned for Randy's spot - and REALLY sucked!!
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

I always thought there would be something released eventually....But if there really is something, I'm not sure why it hasn't been released yet. Trust me, if $haron Osbourne had a way of making $$$ of it she would have exploided him years back....Like during the 15th Anniversary or something...
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

I heard the same kind of rumors about Brad Gilles learning the songs with help of a video tape. If I remember correctly Brad himself said he only used a soundboard tape of one of the concerts.
DayNah wrote:Trust me, if $haron Osbourne had a way of making $$$ of it she would have exploided him years back....Like during the 15th Anniversary or something...
Just a simple question: why did the Osbournes never released the "After Hours" show, and why is it never released officially by others as well? :wink: Wouldn't that show sell 15 years ago? :shock:
(and it's even more strange when it's the "only footage there is" like they said....... lots of crap behind the scenes is stopping things. )
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:I heard the same kind of rumors about Brad Gilles learning the songs with help of a video tape. If I remember correctly Brad himself said he only used a soundboard tape of one of the concerts.
DayNah wrote:Trust me, if $haron Osbourne had a way of making $$$ of it she would have exploided him years back....Like during the 15th Anniversary or something...
Just a simple question: why did the Osbournes never released the "After Hours" show, and why is it never released officially by others as well? :wink: Wouldn't that show sell 15 years ago? :shock:
(and it's even more strange when it's the "only footage there is" like they said....... lots of crap behind the scenes is stopping things. )
I think that Mrs Osbourne will be waiting untill Ozzys too frail to get into the studio or onto a stage before she releases any new video or audio.

when ever that is ( and it's not long now) we will ALL be in the shops snapping it up.
Last edited by Trigger on Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

:arrow:
Last edited by cableguyxx on Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Just a simple question: why did the Osbournes never released the "After Hours" )
The After Hours was released on his Down To Earth cd.....
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

cableguyxx wrote:
DayNah wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote: Just a simple question: why did the Osbournes never released the "After Hours" )
I don't remember it being complete, and it was a 'bonus' stuck on a CD as way of selling a less than spectacular CD. Pretty crappy if you ask me. It deserves a DVD release being the spotlight, with it's own tidbits, IMHO, not as friggen bonus material :x
It was bits and pieces of the solos wasnt it?? I was not the whole thing..
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

El Cochino

Post by El Cochino »

DayNah wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Just a simple question: why did the Osbournes never released the "After Hours" )
With all due respect... that was in mono format... it was sort of half-a$$ed thrown in. It REALLY needs to be released on DVD
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/BruinJer/HeavenHell.jpg[/img]
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

El Cochino wrote:
DayNah wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote: Just a simple question: why did the Osbournes never released the "After Hours" )
With all due respect... that was in mono format... it was sort of half-a$$ed thrown in. It REALLY needs to be released on DVD
I totally agree. I think if there's something releasable it will see the light of day sometime. Maybe if "those videos of RandY" exits, maybe there's something on there that doesn't do him justice? Maybe the sound is bad or something.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Re: Rare Randy Footage According to Marq Torien?

Post by randy will never die »

ammalato wrote:Anyone else catch this? I was listening to the Eddie Trunk tribute show (to Kevin Dubrow) and they were interviewing Marq Torien from Bulletboys where he mentioned having tried out for Ozzy (on guitar) after Randy Died. Now I realize that his whole interview is questionable (many things/timeframes just didn't add up) but He mentioned that during his rehersals with the band they would sit up at Ozzy's place and watch all these randy videos so that he could get a feel for his moves and manorisms. The question i have is...If not the After Hours footage, what were they watching? QR Stuff? I doubt. I don't believe it could be any of the chiacgo show that we see on youtube because that only surfaced later. So assuming that he isn't completely full of it.. What was it? Could it mean that Ozzy does in fact have some Randy footage that we Fanatics know nothing about?
Interesting

It sounds like there is footage locked away

But this is he said she said