This site is almost dead

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

randy will never die
Mass Poster

This site is almost dead

Post by randy will never die »

I knew the form would come to its highs and lows but this 1 thing is ALWAYS on my mind

What happens when there is nothing left to talk about ?

New pics will always come to light and new footage will pop up here and there
Jazznroll
Madman

Re: This site is almost dead

Post by Jazznroll »

Maybe its on holiday.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

I have been part of the online rhoads community since 2002, beginning with RR.tk. This last couple years has been The worst and both communities have died completely. Tk is dead, UR is hanging on by a thread most in part to you RRWND.

Something needs to be done..TK and UR need to merge and that's the first step. The community is way to small to begin with go have two separate ones. TK has always followed the path of trying to be the classier site by not allowing post of Randy's death or any subject matter that may in fact subset thr rhoads family. I think back in 2007 and prior this was a valid cause but not anymore. The Thoads family had a sour taste with everyone it seems after the Margolis stuff and I don't think they will ever be part of TK again, not that they had anything to do with it.

But again, the communities are so friggin small that they must merge otherwise it will always be like this. It has never been this dead in my 12yrs or so on the forums. It seems once the 30yrs after stuff was released a couple years ago it was the climax and everyone disappeared.

A big part of it is everything has been discussed already. There is basically nothing left to ask that has not been asked already about Randy. Discussions on footage and live stuff is all that's left really. No doubt more blips and bleeps of stuff will come out over the years it always has. Everyday I come here just waiting to see that thread title regarding new Randy footage or live stuff.

Step one..

Someone reach out to TK and talk about a possible merger

Step two..
Keep one set of forums and make a real Randy site that actually looks good and is updated a lot with news.

Step Three..

Promote the hell out of the site at other forums you visit, get people searching for it so when people type in Randy Rhoads in google this new site and forums are within the first 5 results.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Shockwave wrote:I have been part of the online rhoads community since 2002, beginning with RR.tk. This last couple years has been The worst and both communities have died completely. Tk is dead, UR is hanging on by a thread most in part to you RRWND.

Something needs to be done..TK and UR need to merge and that's the first step. The community is way to small to begin with go have two separate ones. TK has always followed the path of trying to be the classier site by not allowing post of Randy's death or any subject matter that may in fact subset thr rhoads family. I think back in 2007 and prior this was a valid cause but not anymore. The Thoads family had a sour taste with everyone it seems after the Margolis stuff and I don't think they will ever be part of TK again, not that they had anything to do with it.

But again, the communities are so friggin small that they must merge otherwise it will always be like this. It has never been this dead in my 12yrs or so on the forums. It seems once the 30yrs after stuff was released a couple years ago it was the climax and everyone disappeared.

A big part of it is everything has been discussed already. There is basically nothing left to ask that has not been asked already about Randy. Discussions on footage and live stuff is all that's left really. No doubt more blips and bleeps of stuff will come out over the years it always has. Everyday I come here just waiting to see that thread title regarding new Randy footage or live stuff.

Step one..

Someone reach out to TK and talk about a possible merger

Step two..
Keep one set of forums and make a real Randy site that actually looks good and is updated a lot with news.

Step Three..

Promote the hell out of the site at other forums you visit, get people searching for it so when people type in Randy Rhoads in google this new site and forums are within the first 5 results.
Excellent points, Shockwave. I like your ideas. In an ideal world, something like this would take place. I have a feeling that there would be some resistance to a merge....I also get the feeling there's some, ahem, strong personalities there, who may not like the idea. But really, is it better to have one site, merged, or to have no sites, dormant and not used, as you say?
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

randy will never die wrote:I knew the form would come to its highs and lows but this 1 thing is ALWAYS on my mind

I agree with Shockwave that you've helped keep posts going here, RWND. Good on you, and thanks - not too much else being posted, so keeping the conversations going always helps!
randy will never die
Mass Poster

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
randy will never die wrote:I knew the form would come to its highs and lows but this 1 thing is ALWAYS on my mind

I agree with Shockwave that you've helped keep posts going here, RWND. Good on you, and thanks - not too much else being posted, so keeping the conversations going always helps!

:D just trying to do my part I do look at RR.tk now and then

It would be really cool to see the merging of the sites
randy will never die
Mass Poster

I agree with Shockwave that you've helped keep posts going here, RWND. Good on you, and thanks - not too much else being posted, so keeping the conversations going always helps![/quote]

I know I can post too much some times but it kills me coming back to this site after a week and find that nothing new has been posted

After getting my butt chewed out by a few members because I was posting so much I decided I would limit myself to how much I would post in a day or week

If ANY body wants to talk shoot me a PM
Last edited by randy will never die on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

This site and tK are now defunct because of media sites like facebook. I noticed this with myspace which died on its arse. Everyone went to twitter and FB. The RR facebook pages are just searching through Ozzy and other related sites to take info and photos. It is cool to see people visiting and asking questions but some of them are only here for a short duration and they hardly ever post or contribute. You have to keep the info circulating bring out the old archive threads and keep it active. When Bob's book eventually comes out that should make for some good discussion. I'd like to contribute more but i've posted up every morsell of knowledge and all my memorabilia. I just hope the site continues to grow and i don't think the 2 sites will blend together...That was the main reason why the bad boys from TK came here... This site has warts n' all. Long may it sail and all who sail in her ;-)
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:This site and tK are now defunct because of media sites like facebook. I noticed this with myspace which died on its arse. Everyone went to twitter and FB. The RR facebook pages are just searching through Ozzy and other related sites to take info and photos. It is cool to see people visiting and asking questions but some of them are only here for a short duration and they hardly ever post or contribute. You have to keep the info circulating bring out the old archive threads and keep it active. When Bob's book eventually comes out that should make for some good discussion. I'd like to contribute more but i've posted up every morsell of knowledge and all my memorabilia. I just hope the site continues to grow and i don't think the 2 sites will blend together...That was the main reason why the bad boys from TK came here... This site has warts n' all. Long may it sail and all who sail in her ;-)
Completely agree that social media has been a nail in the coffin of forums. I don't know though, I much prefer the format of forums. Maybe I'm just old school! :)

I also agree that Bob's book should bring about some dialogue as well. The Klein and Rosen and Sobol books provided lots of fodder for discussion, which was good, no matter what your stance is on them.
mikesline
Cool Member

Post by mikesline »

you know i posted my artwork ,i know there is some cool stuff there,and photos nobody has seen and i got no reaction,that discourage me from posting anything,with that kind of non-reaction it sure is not gonna bring someone here to share anything they may want to share
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

mikesline wrote:you know i posted my artwork ,i know there is some cool stuff there,and photos nobody has seen and i got no reaction,that discourage me from posting anything,with that kind of non-reaction it sure is not gonna bring someone here to share anything they may want to share
Yeah Mike, But i bet you had plenty of hits and i bet most of the digi pics/artwork you posted up are now on someones screen saver. Just because you don't get any comments don't be discouraged. I've posted up many a thread with very little feedback. But it's all down to hits if fans are reading and looking it keeps them active.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Pretty sure the sights are merged or so the poeple that post are. I mean TK really did die. I have not been on there in months, nothing new is talked about. This sight is barely limping along. I think the start of the decline of TK was Des leaving. And I really don't even know what that was all about. But I don't blame him. THere was so much poop going on at that time. I think the drama was what really did both sights in. I hang on because Randy is a big part of my life as far as guitar. He is the whole reason I play now. He still blows my mind. So anyway...... That is my 2 cents.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Actually, I think this site is still doing much better than a few others of the same kind. Quite a few forums dedicated to guitar players of legendary status and who are passed away, are stumbling from the beginning and then kind of grind to a halt...as people either forget/lose interest or there´s not enough of topics to talk about. But I think it´s good to come up with one´s own thoughts and opinions, even if there´s not really anything "new" to come up with. Keeps things vibrant and bit fresh anyway, I think. Cheers, guys- and have a good one! :wink:
Mikel
randy will never die
Mass Poster

mikesline wrote:you know i posted my artwork ,i know there is some cool stuff there,and photos nobody has seen and i got no reaction,that discourage me from posting anything,with that kind of non-reaction it sure is not gonna bring someone here to share anything they may want to share
I have posted a few time about your art work don't stop I like them
randy will never die
Mass Poster

I am really glad that I brought this topic up....

For the longest time I wanted to post this topic but at the time I wanted to post this topic I felt that I was going to get kicked out of this site/form for posting my thoughts

Its interesting to see others views on the matter at hand