Amazing New Set of photos from 2/8/82 in Detroit!!

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RR Society

Re: Amazing New Set of photos from 2/8/82 in Detroit!!

Post by RR Society »

WHOEVER IS CLAIMING TO HAVE TAKEN THE DETROIT PICTURES HERE IS LYING. I AM THE ADMINS AT RANDY RHOADS SOCIETY AND THOSE DETROIT COBO HALL SHOTS OF THE DIARY TOUR ON FEB 8TH WERE GIVEN TO ME BY A FRIEND OF MINE AT WORK. HIS NAME IS COLIN BAY. THESE ARE FROM HIS PERSONAL PRIVATE COLLECTION. I UPLOADED THEM TO RANDY RHOADS SOCIETY ON FACEBOOK. THATS WHERE THE LINK ON TOP TAKES YOU TO.
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

I think we all realized that the individual claiming he took the shots, came clean and was only 8 years old at the time...Poor taste to post that if you ask me..However, these pics are really cool, my favorite is the solo spotlight pic...stage is all black, spot light on RR with PDV...Very cool!
AnnKotatisRhoadsFord

Post by AnnKotatisRhoadsFord »

RR Society wrote:WHOEVER IS CLAIMING TO HAVE TAKEN THE DETROIT PICTURES HERE IS LYING. I AM THE ADMINS AT RANDY RHOADS SOCIETY AND THOSE DETROIT COBO HALL SHOTS OF THE DIARY TOUR ON FEB 8TH WERE GIVEN TO ME BY A FRIEND OF MINE AT WORK. HIS NAME IS COLIN BAY. THESE ARE FROM HIS PERSONAL PRIVATE COLLECTION. I UPLOADED THEM TO RANDY RHOADS SOCIETY ON FACEBOOK. THATS WHERE THE LINK ON TOP TAKES YOU TO.
yeah it was me but i never shared them
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

Awesome pics! Never seen one of "ronnie" (John) hanging before! Spotlight solo one is crazy cool too.
I went ahead and rode the white horse
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

This show REALLY needs to be talked about more ...

Go back and watch the videos of other shows from 81/82 at Cobo. It was really a professional setup that they had going their along with the people working the cameras. The quality is unbelievable and far better than I would have ever imagined. This show is the grail.

Let’s pretend this show does exist.... I wonder how much the seller would ask for it? Some type of protection for them in the form of an NDA maybe?
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Theres footage of this show
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

TAB wrote:oh yeah right.. :P
Haha well we can hope dang it! I figure if I keep saying it then one day something will appear. ;)
slashrxr

Post by slashrxr »

in my opinion, i think it's Ozzy that's afraid of monetizing of Randy... & as sad as it is, probably once Ozzy is gone, Sharon will let loose because she is definitely the $$$ hungry one of the two.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

slashrxr wrote:in my opinion, i think it's Ozzy that's afraid of monetizing of Randy... & as sad as it is, probably once Ozzy is gone, Sharon will let loose because she is definitely the $$$ hungry one of the two.

I don’t think it has anything to do with the Osbourne’s making money off of Randy’s name. I 100% believe that Sharon feels they are not obligated to pay to obtain any footage from others, that is, because any said footage would have been taped without their permission. If by chance they did have permission, then I imagine there would have been at least a verbal agreement where the O’s would have received the footage in the near future after each taping.

Something just dawned on me though after all these years...I wonder if there were actually some verbal/gentlemen agreements in place, and then with Randy’s passing happening so soon, that the venues tried to cash in on it very early after his death. Both parties likely realized the value video shortly after his death. The Osbourne’s were expecting to receive these for free, but the venues realized their potential value and tried cash in. This would explain the hard stance Sharon has held all these years. It’s either this, or Sharon just has very high principals and sticks to them, or maybe a mix of both. Either way I respect her 100%, she is a true business woman and knows how to get things done, and more importantly benefit her side.
estang74

Post by estang74 »

orion_damage wrote:Theres footage of this show

You are correct.

Everybody might want to sign into their facebooks and go to The Randy Rhoads society FB page. They have video proof of the show. It's really close camera shot too, prob 5 or 6 rows back. Video isn't best quality because they used a phone to shoot it from the TV. It's pretty exciting none the less.
www.reverbnation.com/estang74
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

estang74 wrote:

You are correct.

Everybody might want to sign into their facebooks and go to The Randy Rhoads society FB page. They have video proof of the show. It's really close camera shot too, prob 5 or 6 rows back. Video isn't best quality because they used a phone to shoot it from the TV. It's pretty exciting none the less.
I was chatting with someone else about this a few weeks back. If you look up other videos from Cobo Hall 1982, that same exact angle is shot in those videos as well. Its not shot from 5 or 6 rows back. Its shot from across the venu and zoomed in at various times. The peoples hands are waving around in the same exact spots with the camera at the same exact height as it was on Randy.

Below is the link of the what is likely the quality of the video. It was shot the same year, same place, same camera crew most likely.

Billy Squire December 1982 - Cobo Hall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS2lBYiNT5k
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

estang74 wrote:

You are correct.

Oh hell yeah!