Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

randy will never die
Mass Poster

Possible good news

Post by randy will never die »

Read this

Ken Zuchel wrote 3 weeks 6 days ago
Still waiting for the book!
Bob, you're killing me, gotta read your book. I need the truth. I've read both of the O$bourne'$ books and Rudy Sarzo's book. I need the good stuff! I'm assuming that Rudy's book had to "$haron approved" as to not ruin the "illusion of competence" in Ozzy.
I also wanted to say how moving and inpirational it was to watch you and Garry playing "Empty Rooms" live from the 87 video on youtube. Do you know if that was ever released on video?
I've been waiting a few years for this book, (this is my 3rd post) please hurry so I won't have anymore lies fed to me.
Love all your lyrics, writing, and playing. Keep doing what you're doing (just do it faster)

Thank you for everything,
Ken

Bob Daisley wrote 3 weeks 2 days ago
Hi Ken, I know what you mean, the O$bournes' books have contained fantasy, inaccuracies and, in some cases, blatant lies. Sarzo's book couldn't convey what happened with The Blizzard of Ozz, he wasn't there. Apparently $haron wanted Sarzo's book banned before she'd even seen what was in it, so she's obviously paranoid about the truth. The wait for 'For Facts Sake!' is nearly over, it'll be out this year, the truth is about to be revealed. Cheers and thanks mate. All the best, Bob.
Last edited by randy will never die on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
StyxMark68

Re: Possible good news

Post by StyxMark68 »

The e-mail that Bob sent sounds VERY promising! I am too looking forward to reading His release. I hope We don't have to wait much longer! Awesome.
Isodee
Cool Member

Post by Isodee »

randy will never die wrote:I need the truth.
And you honestly think Bob has the ultimate truth to offer? His side to the story maybe but objective truth? Never.
RandyRox

Post by RandyRox »

Last edited by RandyRox on Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

RandyRox wrote:Three sides to every story :wink:
...and then there's the truth :lol:
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Isodee wrote:
And you honestly think Bob has the ultimate truth to offer? His side to the story maybe but objective truth? Never.
How would you know ?
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
Isodee
Cool Member

Post by Isodee »

Sky wrote:
Isodee wrote:
How would you know ?
Because I wasn't born yesterday.

I'm interested to hear Bob's story but of course he has an agenda on his own. Please don't tell me otherwise, I'm not that naïve.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

Isodee wrote:

I never said I need the truth

All of these words are copied and pasted
From bobs website

Bob was responding to what someone posted

The first paragraph is the person typing to bob and the second paragraph is bob responding
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

It sounds like ISODEE has already made his mind up. What is your take on the Osbourne's agenda? On another note, I can't believe Jake hasn't been mentioned by the Osbourne's in 20+ years. Probably because they treated Jake like Bob and Lee. It was really Jake that lifted Ozzy out of Randy's death song-wise. No new Ozzy songs, no Ozzy. I was thinking how BATM is a really great album for a guitarist's first real gig. The live SS solo in SLC '84 for the BATM is pretty sick. Bob did come back and record that and went on tour but I think he was split, like it was a great time recording BOO and DOAM but financially he didn't get a fair shake. Greed is a sin in any book...
Isodee
Cool Member

Post by Isodee »

Don't get me wrong, I'm not attacking Bob. We pretty much know Bob & Lee got screwed over like many other musicians associated with Jet Records, the Ardens & the O's. I just doubt Bob is able to bring anything new to the table. The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth? I don't think so.

I recommend reading Steven Machat's Gods, Gangsters & Honour. It has non-biased comments about the situation 30 years ago. Not much, but still.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I feel people who made something a success should share in the rewards. I suppose in the O's defense, they fired Bob and Lee before the albums were a financial success. Still, I rather hear what Bob has to say because he played bass guitar with Randy. The drummer can't explain what keys/riffs they played. The best Ozzy can do is "Plink, plink" and "Randy liked to slide his fingers down the strings." Don Airey is another guy I could listen to talk about Randy.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

hansolo wrote:I feel people who made something a success should share in the rewards. I suppose in the O's defense, they fired Bob and Lee before the albums were a financial success. Still, I rather hear what Bob has to say because he played bass guitar with Randy. The drummer can't explain what keys/riffs they played. The best Ozzy can do is "Plink, plink" and "Randy liked to slide his fingers down the strings." Don Airey is another guy I could listen to talk about Randy.

What, like this ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbeCFkl1D40
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

Sky wrote:
hansolo wrote:I feel people who made something a success should share in the rewards. I suppose in the O's defense, they fired Bob and Lee before the albums were a financial success. Still, I rather hear what Bob has to say because he played bass guitar with Randy. The drummer can't explain what keys/riffs they played. The best Ozzy can do is "Plink, plink" and "Randy liked to slide his fingers down the strings." Don Airey is another guy I could listen to talk about Randy.

What, like this ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbeCFkl1D40
and Bob would like to add this as well then http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR9gNQuJd78
halo8th
Cool Member

Post by halo8th »

of course everyone has "their own side" of any story to tell. However, in this case, i'm much more looking forward to Bob's telling of the events and inaccuracies. For one, he kept a diary of everything that has happened to him daily, kinda like Rudy Sarzo did (instead of just making stuff up on the fly and guessing).
Two, the Osbourne's have a whole big history of lying and falsehoods. Hundreds of times over. How many lies now have they been flat-out cold busted in? Dozens.

I've heard everyone's "side" in what seems like a million times over......and i gotta say.....I'm a complete believer (no pun intended lol) in the Bob Daisley side of things.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

loving this thread...." bob has his own agenda" i like that , uhh no the guy is first and foremost a professional musician/writer secondly has a great memory is not a power hungry fucking J** and its about time the osbournes and the manipulation of the media and the lies and shit Sharon O. comes out with are put straight....I havent looked forward more to reading one single book in my life ha!
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.