palladium footage?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

camdenlp
Cool Member

Re: palladium footage?

Post by camdenlp »

TAB, I think seeing those stills has changed my mind. My question isif you know these guys with the film, what possesses them to keep it all to themselves? or did you think they plan on releasing it someday? I know if it were me I would want to be compensated obviously, but I don't understand what keeps them waiting
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

camdenlp wrote:TAB, I think seeing those stills has changed my mind. My question isif you know these guys with the film, what possesses them to keep it all to themselves? or did you think they plan on releasing it someday? I know if it were me I would want to be compensated obviously, but I don't understand what keeps them waiting

Search the forum here, there is a HUGE thread where he talks about it all and he does not want to talk about it really anymore. He explains everything in that thread and everything that could have been asked has been asked already
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

Will do. Thanks
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

Shockwave wrote:Here is an piece from an interview with Andrew Klein regarding it..

RMS: Speaking of the Osbournes, do you think what they've done over the years in reference to Randy (ie: the audio/video releases, Sharon revealing she had an affair with him) has more helped or hindered his legacy?

AK: Well, nobody knew about the affair with Randy until Sharon wrote about it in her own book. Had she not written about it, nobody would have ever known about it, outside of Randy's circle. I've had numerous conversations with Randy's fiance and close friends about that. It is true that they had an affair, and it's something that Randy regretted terribly. I've read numerous letters he sent to Jodi about it. Randy was placed into a very difficult situation between Sharon and Ozzy that made him very uncomfortable. That said, I think Randy's legacy is alive and well and intact. Overall, I think more could have been done for him. Many fans are constantly asking the million dollar question; is there professional film footage of Randy Rhoads onstage with Ozzy Osbourne. The answer is YES, but we may never get to see it. Ozzy's concert at The Capitol Theatre in Passaic, New Jersey on April 24th 1981 was professionally shot. Every concert in that theatre from 1973-1984 was pro-shot. It was a 3-camera black and white shoot. The entire concert was filmed. I've had numerous conversations with the theatre's owner, John Scher about this. Randy also talked about it in specific detail in one of his letters to Jodi that I've read. He was excited about it and he said the band performed exceptionally well, knowing that they were being filmed. Whether or not the fans will ever get to see it, remains to be seen.
I emailed him this

And have not heard any thing yet i will give him a few days and see
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

TAB wrote:Yep, the youtube clip is the dress rehearsal footage. I was hoping we'd see that on the Ozzy box set also.

There has to be some damn good reason that they did not include it(The ET footage) Its confirmed to have been found and even shown at a viewing for a select few.

Either the Osbournes have it and won't release it(I doubt it, since its 100x better quality than palladium is) or Dakota now owns it since they found it and probably purchased it off of someone. Only thing i could think of is they wanted royalties or something if Ozzy put it in the 30yrs after release. The Osbournes seemingly will not pay for anything at all, even if it is Randy, in which we have very little of. They feel anything recorded is there and they should not have to pay for it to get it back.

On the other hand...they are worth what a couple hundred million?? I am sure if they offered the Phoenix brothers a 100k they would take it immediately. A 100k to them is nothing..It just does not make any sense... Imagine all the other stuff out there we have not heard about.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

Shockwave wrote:
TAB wrote:Yep, the youtube clip is the dress rehearsal footage. I was hoping we'd see that on the Ozzy box set also.

There has to be some damn good reason that they did not include it(The ET footage) Its confirmed to have been found and even shown at a viewing for a select few.

Either the Osbournes have it and won't release it(I doubt it, since its 100x better quality than palladium is) or Dakota now owns it since they found it and probably purchased it off of someone. Only thing i could think of is they wanted royalties or something if Ozzy put it in the 30yrs after release. The Osbournes seemingly will not pay for anything at all, even if it is Randy, in which we have very little of. They feel anything recorded is there and they should not have to pay for it to get it back.

On the other hand...they are worth what a couple hundred million?? I am sure if they offered the Phoenix brothers a 100k they would take it immediately. A 100k to them is nothing..It just does not make any sense... Imagine all the other stuff out there we have not heard about.
You have a strange misconception of the filthy rich,,,They are cheap and spiteful.They especially hate being held over a barrell by serfs and commoners.They will never give in to serfs,no matter how little money it takes to resolve an issue.They prefer to spite little people and let them twist in the wind.That is how they roll.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

oth wrote:
Shockwave wrote:

You have a strange misconception of the filthy rich,,,They are cheap and spiteful.They especially hate being held over a barrell by serfs and commoners.They will never give in to serfs,no matter how little money it takes to resolve an issue.They prefer to spite little people and let them twist in the wind.That is how they roll.
no misconceptions here...they would make there money back easily and more
estang74

Post by estang74 »

Shockwave wrote:

No way is that footage worth a couple hundred million. I think maybe you meant a couple million and to be honest with you, I don't think it's worth a million anymore because of how easy it is for people to steal and share video and audio files. Maybe 300k. You would have to sell a lot of copies of that video to get it to break even. The best time to have sold that footage would have been during the tribute record or the 10 anniversary of Randy's passing.
www.reverbnation.com/estang74
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

oth wrote:
Shockwave wrote:

I think you have a point here, the "filthy rich" are deemed a different class from those of us "serfs" "commoners" and/or "peasants" lol and hell no, they won't let someone "beneath" them call any shots. I can especially see this with Sharin'- after the way she turned up her nose in "don't blame me" about "they don't really have a lot of money anyway" or something to that effect, she conveyed nothing but chagrin in that statement. And I've actually had no use for her existence since then. I don't think that Ozzy gives a flying f*ck, tho- he would've played anywhere, regardless of who had money.

Also, I agree that Dakota probably has material that PM and AK unearthed- they're probably sitting on it til the ink runs dry on the 2 bios, then if they decide to release it it will be one show at a time, for another $115-160 USD each.
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

estang74 wrote:
Shockwave wrote:

No way is that footage worth a couple hundred million. I think maybe you meant a couple million and to be honest with you, I don't think it's worth a million anymore because of how easy it is for people to steal and share video and audio files. Maybe 300k. You would have to sell a lot of copies of that video to get it to break even. The best time to have sold that footage would have been during the tribute record or the 10 anniversary of Randy's passing.

I said the Osbournes are worth a couple hundred million..the footage ain't worth more than 10-20k in reality, otherwise someone would have bought it already
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

ok guys.. we speak, we speak blablab Sharon wont allow this blablabla

If that footage cost only 15 000 20 000 or even 100k, why the hell the randy community dont buy it?? Start a web page and ask randy Fans to give donation and when we have the amount, (even if it takes years) buy the damn footage.. Enough of waiting.. The footage is there so the community should do something.. DO IT
chilinvilin
Cool Member

Post by chilinvilin »

fortress wrote:ok guys.. we speak, we speak blablab Sharon wont allow this blablabla

If that footage cost only 15 000 20 000 or even 100k, why the hell the randy community dont buy it?? Start a web page and ask randy Fans to give donation and when we have the amount, (even if it takes years) buy the damn footage.. Enough of waiting.. The footage is there so the community should do something.. DO IT
No fucking way would we be able to buy and then hand out or sell copies legally!
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

How about a lawsuit of the likeness of Randy used without permission? Whatever happen to the book lawsuit? What was that reason again? Didn't the Osbourne's buy the Phx bros footage anyway? Did those guys disappear? Sharon? I would put out an incomplete degraded version (people love quality), using audio from soundboards or audiences, whatever was the best fit for the songs (like old Zep footage) in a clip to whet the appetite. You have an entire Randy Rhoads concert but all we have at present are stills 30 years later? That sucks. I am waiting for the ET footage (3 songs) because I know THAT IS out there. We all witnessed the OTM solo in the trailer....
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

There are sites, Dimeadozen or Traders den where you put something up and if someone emails with any complaints, it is taken down no questions. No copyrighted material like albums just strictly bootleg audio, video, etc. as long as it wasn't commercially released, have at it. It's funny, I forget the artist but on a bootleg recorded concert a few songs were released live as singles, professional recorded, they wouldn't allow the audience recorded versions of those songs and the recording still existed minus those couple of songs. It is actually a great system because it takes the money out of the equation. It puts the music back in to the fans hands!