palladium footage?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Isodee
Cool Member

Re: palladium footage?

Post by Isodee »

Stiltzkin wrote:
oth wrote:TAB has seen the phx footage.It is apparently awesome and blows away all other rr video.
...or was he just hyping something that's sub-par quality?
How good is it(if it exists?) if it's just video and no sound?
This. I find it funny people think this kind of material would be worth a ton of money and for that reason they decide to sit on it until no one cares. At best any "bootleg" audio or video material is ok quality compared to today's digital and HD standards. Any surfaced material would need a huge amount of cleaning to do.

Glory days and possible hype for any RR related new material is long gone. Too little too late if ever, sadly.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

randy will never die wrote:Correct me if wrong but didn't they have a fire there at Capitol theatre ?
Yes they had.... We can be pretty sure they were filmed, enough clues of that, big question is IF that footage survived the fire? And IF it did, then where is it now?
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

As far as the Phoenix brothers footage it looks like it will be as good quality as after hours it seems if it can be clreaned up. The pictures TAB showed us were of the footage that was playing on a wall from a projection screen, he was allowed to take a few pics with his camera of what was playing on the wall at that time, these are the photos we have and the film quality looks top notch. , if you take away the wall noise and camera noise it should look even better than the photos with no touchup.

Here are the photos from the footage. I think I may be missing a few others but this is all I got with me now that I could find.

randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

This is the first I'm hearing about any footage of Ozzy at the Capitol Theatre... I think there is an audience recording (audio) from one of our shows down at the Jersey shore floating around on the internet of Black Sabath... That's about it..
Unless you're referring to the DVD titled "God Bless Ozzy Osbourne" that's out..It has a couple second shot of Ozzy doing an interview backstage at the Capitol Theatre..

I'll do some asking around and see if I can get any other info on this subject..

Bill Vitale
randy will never die
Mass Poster

He came back with this

They probably were filmed there..Problem is, The Capitol Was knocked down because of a fire it suffered..From what I understand a lot of recordings both audio and video were lost..Whatever turns up on the internet I usualy get a heads up about it.. There has been stuff showing up here and there...So maybe someone has copies...I'm not sure...Even John Scher lost a lot of his personal stuff from the Capitol... If in the future I do hear about any recordings Of Ozzy at the Capitol I'll get in touch...
I'm just reading again what you wrote, You say Sharon tried to buy the footage??..So that would lead me to believe it does indeed exist but she couldn't even buy it??..you wouldn't know who she tried to buy it from if she did try to buy it by any chance do you??...
I'll help you and the Osbourne family however i can.. If I find it...It's theirs..

Bill Vitale
randy will never die
Mass Poster

The Sharon part of buying the footage is from a late post on the form somewhere ...

But he replayed and I am happy about that but on the other hand there is still other footage out there so in the mean time we have to keep looking

Sorry lads
BowTie29
Cool Member

Post by BowTie29 »

What about the ET, they have bits of the opening and OTM and Mr Crowley as well as parts from rehearsals?
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Here is an piece from an interview with Andrew Klein regarding it..

RMS: Speaking of the Osbournes, do you think what they've done over the years in reference to Randy (ie: the audio/video releases, Sharon revealing she had an affair with him) has more helped or hindered his legacy?

AK: Well, nobody knew about the affair with Randy until Sharon wrote about it in her own book. Had she not written about it, nobody would have ever known about it, outside of Randy's circle. I've had numerous conversations with Randy's fiance and close friends about that. It is true that they had an affair, and it's something that Randy regretted terribly. I've read numerous letters he sent to Jodi about it. Randy was placed into a very difficult situation between Sharon and Ozzy that made him very uncomfortable. That said, I think Randy's legacy is alive and well and intact. Overall, I think more could have been done for him. Many fans are constantly asking the million dollar question; is there professional film footage of Randy Rhoads onstage with Ozzy Osbourne. The answer is YES, but we may never get to see it. Ozzy's concert at The Capitol Theatre in Passaic, New Jersey on April 24th 1981 was professionally shot. Every concert in that theatre from 1973-1984 was pro-shot. It was a 3-camera black and white shoot. The entire concert was filmed. I've had numerous conversations with the theatre's owner, John Scher about this. Randy also talked about it in specific detail in one of his letters to Jodi that I've read. He was excited about it and he said the band performed exceptionally well, knowing that they were being filmed. Whether or not the fans will ever get to see it, remains to be seen.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

BowTie29 wrote:What about the ET, they have bits of the opening and OTM and Mr Crowley as well as parts from rehearsals?

This was confirmed a few years ago to be found in full and was supposed to be used in the documentary but that all fell apart though, at least anything ozzy related that is. Ironface from TK saw the footage in its entirety and was overall happy with it I guess. But most of the time the camera was on Ozzy from what he said.

The other video from two on the town was never found and believed to be destroyed after the place that had the recordings either went out of business or burned down in the mid 80s I believe.
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

I'd pay good money to see it all.
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

TAB wrote:Since it's said I hyped it. No agenda, no plan , no money was to be made, no middle man here for all the conspiracy theorists, debaters, masterdebaters, out there.... lol no .007 here . I swearz I tell yas!!! Nothing was sold to anyone or sony or was intended to sell. Just sharing my experience with yens' as a good ol' Randy fan. Now been a few years ago when I talked about it seems like ages. Now that the palladium footage has come out which is also the same type of camera used except with a mic boom, I can say the quality of both are comparable. Their content is 100 times better than the Palladium though. My opinion, sorry if you thinks it's hype but after buying the box set and seeing the Palladium with a lot of Rudy shaking his hips or being a foot in front of all Randy watching him do his solo is a no brainer. Hi Shock, actually I didn't take the photos , they guys did. Flash, screen glare and digital camera and resolution settings in a dark room is a bitch to get photos to come out clear. The photos that are posted are resized.

As far as the capitol theater, the link I kindly added shows photos from the show.

http://www.photoshelter.com/search?I_DS ... =t&x=0&y=0

Ya sorry for any misinformation there, just trying to remember it all as good as I can without going back to find it all.

I have no doubt it will be released one day, those guys will pass on and have to leave thr footage to someone in there family and I'm sure they won't hold onto like they did for no reason. Especially if there will be a small payday involved. Sadly this could be another 20+yrs though as I would guess these guys are in there mid 40s or early 50s now.

Who knows though, maybe it was sold to Sony and they could be working on something right now with it :)
randy will never die
Mass Poster

TAB wrote:Since it's said I hyped it. No agenda, no plan , no money was to be made, no middle man here for all the conspiracy theorists, debaters, masterdebaters, out there.... lol no .007 here . I swearz I tell yas!!! Nothing was sold to anyone or sony or was intended to sell. Just sharing my experience with yens' as a good ol' Randy fan. Now been a few years ago when I talked about it seems like ages. Now that the palladium footage has come out which is also the same type of camera used except with a mic boom, I can say the quality of both are comparable. Their content is 100 times better than the Palladium though. My opinion, sorry if you thinks it's hype but after buying the box set and seeing the Palladium with a lot of Rudy shaking his hips or being a foot in front of all Randy watching him do his solo is a no brainer. Hi Shock, actually I didn't take the photos , they guys did. Flash, screen glare and digital camera and resolution settings in a dark room is a bitch to get photos to come out clear. The photos that are posted are resized.

As far as the capitol theater, the link I kindly added shows photos from the show.

http://www.photoshelter.com/search?I_DS ... =t&x=0&y=0
dont take this the wrong way but
I LOVE YOU
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

Hi TAB:) Thank you and you rock for replying!!!

Otherwise, does anyone know where this came from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x0_SNws6fI

(and damn, with the keyboards on CT!)
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

RRFan4Ever wrote:Hi TAB:) Thank you and you rock for replying!!!

Otherwise, does anyone know where this came from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x0_SNws6fI

(and damn, with the keyboards on CT!)

Same deal with the ET footage, one camera allowed to record a couple songs. Never found and no hopes I guess. These were some of the first things sought after when the doc started in 2007. AJ or Andrew from the doc related there efforts were futile in the search for this.