Mass Poster

palladium footage?

Post by randy will never die »

where did the new footage come from and does the person or persons have more
chilinvilin
Cool Member

Re: palladium footage?

Post by chilinvilin »

randy will never die wrote:where did the new footage come from and does the person or persons have more

I thought this issue was beat to death?
According to sharon that is all there was....
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

I believe, and I could be wrong here- that the live footage we have of Randy is limited to New Mexico, Chicago, and the Pallidium- also the after hours performance.

I assume that footage was deemed somehow "acceptable" and wasn't either horded or "lost" by those in position to acquire such things. I also assume that those with enough money know a whole lot more about live Randy footage than us mere mortals out here do. Some of angles of the shots appear to be a bit more than a random fan getting away with recording IMHO.

I tend to believe that regardless of Ozzy's at the time "lesser known status" that there were pro-shot performances done if nothing else to document the band for future publicity and recording industry execs (ensuring their previous and future investments)- not to mention any possible "in-house" cameras that the venues may have had (if Sharon allowed them to?).

Who knows what the deal really is, we sure don't. Unfortunately that long sought after live footage is a carrot on a stick for us RR fans- and the shit does get old quick. My very first post was about finding lost footage- til I realized the sheer size of the quagmire that should be Randy's future legacy. And what exactly that legacy is, is another quagmire in and of itself. end/rant
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
randy will never die
Mass Poster

RRFan4Ever wrote:I believe, and I could be wrong here- that the live footage we have of Randy is limited to New Mexico, Chicago, and the Pallidium- also the after hours performance.

I assume that footage was deemed somehow "acceptable" and wasn't either horded or "lost" by those in position to acquire such things. I also assume that those with enough money know a whole lot more about live Randy footage than us mere mortals out here do. Some of angles of the shots appear to be a bit more than a random fan getting away with recording IMHO.

I tend to believe that regardless of Ozzy's at the time "lesser known status" that there were pro-shot performances done if nothing else to document the band for future publicity and recording industry execs (ensuring their previous and future investments)- not to mention any possible "in-house" cameras that the venues may have had (if Sharon allowed them to?).

Who knows what the deal really is, we sure don't. Unfortunately that long sought after live footage is a carrot on a stick for us RR fans- and the shit does get old quick. My very first post was about finding lost footage- til I realized the sheer size of the quagmire that should be Randy's future legacy. And what exactly that legacy is, is another quagmire in and of itself. end/rant
i know the new mexico footage was from a news report or something along that lines

but just think there might be other news stations that have footage
i believe that the new palladium footage was shot on the first night of the palladium shows

there were 2 shows and we have footage from both
the footage from the palladium that has been on Youtube for years is from night 2

but back to the new mexico footage
it was shoot for a local news station along with an interview with ozzy
funny how ozzy does not remember the interview
correct me if i am wrong but Rock report,ET and 2 of the town all tv stations got to record i think it was 1 or 2 songs each
? why didn't the Osbournes look into that footage ?

I am more than sure that some of the news stations around the U.S. and other parts of the world did the same as the news station in new mexico
its not that hard to check with the news stations and ask if any footage was shot for a news segment check the first date on the U.S. tour then give that news station in that area for that date and location a call and ask
After that keep going down the list of dates

Hell lie and say that your with the osbourne camp
after that i am 100% sure things will start popping up
:wink: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :wink:
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Not sure there's more Palladium footage, but I'm certain there's more footage out there in general. I've never bought the "this is it" line. Not for a minute.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

3 songs from ET. OTM, MC, CT. The Palladium gigs were on the same night. There was an early show (no RR solo) and a late show.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

I don't know if we'll ever actually be able to see the footage, but I know for sure there is the Phoenix Brother's footage of a gig in Arizona if I'm not mistaken. That has never been released.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Cryptic Night wrote:I don't know if we'll ever actually be able to see the footage, but I know for sure there is the Phoenix Brother's footage of a gig in Arizona if I'm not mistaken. That has never been released.
I believe Sony now owns the footage and the rights to that footage

I Think the Phoenix brothers got short of money or something

If sony does own the footage that's a good thing maybe they can get people to clean up the footage and sync the footage to the soundboard recording
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

randy will never die wrote:
Cryptic Night wrote:If sony does own the footage that's a good thing maybe they can get people to clean up the footage and sync the footage to the soundboard recording
So, the BIG question is, why haven't they?
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Maybe they aren't aware that Tommy has a box full of recordings, or maybe they're just waiting until a certain point to release it?
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
distortionplus
Cool Member

Post by distortionplus »

Was the thing about Sony buying the footage just a rumor, or was it confirmed? That was quite awhile back was it not that someone posted that on a Facebook page or something.
chilinvilin
Cool Member

Post by chilinvilin »

distortionplus wrote:Was the thing about Sony buying the footage just a rumor, or was it confirmed? That was quite awhile back was it not that someone posted that on a Facebook page or something.
Yah wasn't that just a rumor?
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

The Capitol theatre, April 24th 1981 show Exists...
B/W footage I believe. Hopefully, Maybe someday things will be worked out to release it?
randy will never die
Mass Poster

alborg wrote:The Capitol theatre, April 24th 1981 show Exists...
B/W footage I believe. Hopefully, Maybe someday things will be worked out to release it?
Correct me if I am wrong but that footage from Capitol theater was in house camera black and white film right
Last edited by randy will never die on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

randy will never die wrote:
alborg wrote:The Capitol theatre, April 24th 1981 show Exists...
Correct me if I am wrong but that footage from Capitol theater was in house camera black and whit film right
Yes it is. Better than nothing! I nave seen a few things from that venue & the B/W adds some character to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6Jjm1jzIig

http://capitoltheatrepassaic.com/