RANDY RHOADS' Family Sues Margolis and Klein

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Tito
Mass Poster

Re: RANDY RHOADS' Family Sues Margolis and Klein

Post by Tito »

Hey frank you can +1 this too..the rhoads family just wants more money for nothing..
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

Tito wrote:Hey frank you can +1 this too..the rhoads family just wants more money for nothing..
you presume to know the family's motivations and intentions? really? you are privy to the terms of any settlement that they are seeking? wow. you must divulge your sources to us.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

you should be the one to explain what the motivations,terms of settlement etc are,bieng that your the family spokeman..and i noticed that you wrote "sources".my friend its common sense!i dont need a source or sources..so go ahead and keep bieng the family cheerleader if you want..i only stated what i felt and theres a whole lot of people that dont feel the same about the rhoads family after all this bullshit!!there i said it..so ride with it!
frank

Post by frank »

Tito wrote:you should be the one to explain what the motivations,terms of settlement etc are,bieng that your the family spokeman..and i noticed that you wrote "sources".my friend its common sense!i dont need a source or sources..so go ahead and keep bieng the family cheerleader if you want..i only stated what i felt and theres a whole lot of people that dont feel the same about the rhoads family after all this bullshit!!there i said it..so ride with it!
i speak for no one, asshole.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

OK................ lets share the love people no fighting and every body has their own take on everything
frank

Post by frank »

randy will never die wrote:OK................ lets share the love people no fighting and every body has their own take on everything
young man, you have a good heart, but life is too short to tolerate serious imbeciles.
Last edited by frank on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

skezza wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Joe why does it suck because the familly don't approve ...The book is still available so why do they have to upset the apple cart.
No, because the documentary won't exist in the form it needed to be in, at least for fans sake. Director aside, the documentary needed to feature Kevin DuBrow in an important role, regardless of what people thought of him. Kevin DuBrow is now dead. If a biographical documentary is created, how will Kevin get his spot? His rightful place in Randy's history will be marginalized. It will be a couple of interviews about how Kevin did this, Kevin did that. However, the man himself is gone, someone who IF they had released the documentary 10 years ago, when the timing was better, could have featured and given factual information. I assume Peter has featured Kevin in this documentary, although there were rumours he was going to dedicate as little viewing time as possible to him.
It also needed to feature Ozzy, but obviously Margolis had issues, so its now just QR.

Along with that, Gary Moore is now dead. Forget interviewing John 5, Randy jammed with Gary Moore and had a fuck tonne of respect for him. An interview with Gary Moore on Randy is a lot more useful than one with John 5, or John Petrucci, again, we're left with only that which is already in the public domain. So we're getting interviews with individuals who might not really have anything useful to say.

I don't know the in's and out's of this lawsuit Shaun, so I can't say whether I think it's right or wrong. For me, I desperately wanted a documentary that was full, one that spanned his entire career as a musician. Not just his work with QR, but his work with Ozzy too. I don't know where that fell down, maybe it was Sharon, maybe it was someone else, maybe Margolis didn't get the information he wanted? I don't know.

I'm just disappointed Shaun. The lawsuit suggests a bitter end to what should have been a great documentary. I haven't seen the documentary yet; it's only on sale on the RedMatch site which I imagine will stop shipping orders while this lawsuit takes place. I genuinely hope it's good. It's at least a start. One that documents Randy in Blizzard is just as essential though in my opinion. Other bands, and famous musicians have documentaries that span their entire career. Why can't we have that for RR?
Joe my original question wasn't at you it was ment for Han solo who is called Joe aswell ....But thanks for your input mate ;-)
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

I don’t know how about we have a look at this from a client’s point of view.

The client contracts a job to a contractor, they explain what they want, and all parties agree to the product and sign a contract stating so. The product is never delivered to the client, for whatever reason. The contractor uses some of the material from their previous client’s job, to produce a product for themselves or a new client without permission.

It’s a no brainer to me, if you believe your material has been stolen, go through the courts.

It seems to me like people are jumping the gun here. People seem to believe that Rhoads family do not want you to have a book or a movie. Maybe they are fucked off because the fans did not get the documentary they wished to have us all see? Just maybe people should think that the Rhoads Family wanted to put out a Randy Rhoads documentary for you and are now fuming it didn’t happen. Just may be they are pissed off for us?

There only real outlet that I can see is to sue. What else could they do let material that belongs to them be appropriated illegally and then sit at home and moan about it. I doubt many here would let an individual or company steal from them and just go, oh well such is life.
shred2

Post by shred2 »

All this 'hoarded' RR stuff ain't worth a dime, unless someone offers you a dime for it.
Right Mr. Daisley? How's that book coming? For fact's sake.
Who is publishing this book you have been promising - make that, flogging, on social media?
How about a release date?

RR's legacy is indeed burning out.
A fire won't burn without fuel.
Too little too late. Five years from now he will be in the league of Robin Trower.
Sad but true. March 19th 1982 was a freaking long time ago.

I hear the RR book is awesome.
Last edited by shred2 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Hey, somebody had to be the loud jerk and I started it. I'm not alone in my feelings but I think I secured the harshest critique award. I wasn't even drinking. I even posted an edited version with the article on Facebook. I have Rudy and Ozzy or their Facebook accounts on my wall. So, let it get back to the Rhoads family, I don't care. It's the truth or at least, I believe it. What has the family released? I guess, I should say okay-ed. Tribute, QR the RR years, wine, guitars but did the family attempt a movie or audio release (lessons) of Randy. They are a music school what about a music book? I wonder if any of the family learned any of his music? Maybe it's not their type of music, I guess.

I think the fans all these years just want any RR footage out there officially released and out of the bootleggers hands. We want to know where the Entertainment tonight rehearsal footage is. Several sound checks were filmed. Lessons? Why doesn't the family let people release what footage there is for PEOPLE TO REMEMBER RANDY RHOADS AND INTRODUCE HIM TO A NEW GENERATION?

P.S. - When people in a debate start name-calling (god I hate that lame term), they aren't prepared to have an adult conversation. It's a short-cut to thinking and they avoid having to prove a point which they usually never have. Hence the name calling distraction...
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I'm not buying the-Rhoads-family-wanted-a-Randy-documentary-but-it-was-poor-editing defense... Who's Robin Trower?
Peppermint Patty

Post by Peppermint Patty »

hansolo wrote:Who's Robin Trower?
Ooch, ouch!
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

:lol: I still don't see a problem with someone like Steve vai, John 5,Paul Gilbert and what ever talented guitar player praise Randy's guitar playing in a documentary on Randy being a great guitar player!!! That ten minute trailer looked like we had a great movie there!
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

shred2 wrote:All this 'hoarded' RR stuff ain't worth a dime, unless someone offers you a dime for it.
Right Mr. Daisley? How's that book coming? For fact's sake.
Who is publishing this book you have been promising - make that, flogging, on social media?
How about a release date?

RR's legacy is indeed burning out.
A fire won't burn without fuel.
Too little too late. Five years from now he will be in the league of Robin Trower.
Sad but true. March 19th 1982 was a freaking long time ago.

I hear the RR book is awesome.

Lol stupid yank.

How many alt USER NAMES have you got then?
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
frank

Post by frank »

hansolo wrote:P.S. - When people in a debate start name-calling (god I hate that lame term), they aren't prepared to have an adult conversation. It's a short-cut to thinking and they avoid having to prove a point which they usually never have. Hence the name calling distraction...
i am not here to engage in any "debates".