New Kelly Garni Interview

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Re: New Kelly Garni Interview

Post by cableguyxx »

true, because there was obviously a middle man. Regardless of what the final price was, the decent thing to do would have been to reimburse your efforts. At the very least, offer to do so.
rhoadie.1

Post by rhoadie.1 »

Re-imburse?! For what? First I want everyone to be clear...the Bass Did NOT sell for $125,000.00 at least not from Kelly to Ed Roman, who passed away last year...not even close. I know this because the checks were made out to Me. 2nd thing is aside from the actual cost of the bass which Perry himself told me was $5,000.00 the rest of what he incurred was solely for himself by himself, the filming, which was Perrys thing & Kelly had Nothing to do with that & trip to the states, which included not just Vegas to deliver the bass but to Ca. & New York has Nothing whatsoever to do with Kelly. Plus Perry got a spread in Guitar World that Kelly set up & gave him the 'Promo Press' Vinyl which is probably worth $5,000.00 in itself The thumbnail was Kelly's property, Perry agreed to build a bass around it, For Free! End of Story!
chilinvilin
Cool Member

Post by chilinvilin »

rhoadie.1 wrote:Re-imburse?! For what? First I want everyone to be clear...the Bass Did NOT sell for $125,000.00 at least not from Kelly to Ed Roman, who passed away last year...not even close. I know this because the checks were made out to Me. 2nd thing is aside from the actual cost of the bass which Perry himself told me was $5,000.00 the rest of what he incurred was solely for himself by himself, the filming, which was Perrys thing & Kelly had Nothing to do with that & trip to the states, which included not just Vegas to deliver the bass but to Ca. & New York has Nothing whatsoever to do with Kelly. Plus Perry got a spread in Guitar World that Kelly set up & gave him the 'Promo Press' Vinyl which is probably worth $5,000.00 in itself The thumbnail was Kelly's property, Perry agreed to build a bass around it, For Free! End of Story!
Lets be clear here..kelly is still an asshole!
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

chilinvilin wrote:Lets be clear here..kelly is still an asshole!
To be fair though, you come across as more of an asshole.
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

shawn wrote:
Also a huge Rudy fan.
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
rhoadie.1

Post by rhoadie.1 »

chilinvilin, yup Opinions are like A$$HOLES ...everybody has one

Thank You Shawn
rhoads56
Cool Member

Post by rhoads56 »

rhoadie.1 wrote:Re-imburse?! For what? First I want everyone to be clear...the Bass Did NOT sell for $125,000.00 at least not from Kelly to Ed Roman, who passed away last year...not even close. I know this because the checks were made out to Me. 2nd thing is aside from the actual cost of the bass which Perry himself told me was $5,000.00 the rest of what he incurred was solely for himself by himself, the filming, which was Perrys thing & Kelly had Nothing to do with that & trip to the states, which included not just Vegas to deliver the bass but to Ca. & New York has Nothing whatsoever to do with Kelly. Plus Perry got a spread in Guitar World that Kelly set up & gave him the 'Promo Press' Vinyl which is probably worth $5,000.00 in itself The thumbnail was Kelly's property, Perry agreed to build a bass around it, For Free! End of Story!

Thanks Tami. Unfortunately you dont know the full story.

The "promo press" is not Quiet Riot. It's another band. I have an email from Kelly confirming that he did know it wasnt Quiet Riot, despite saying it was when he gave it to me.

The rest of your claims I shall leave for now. But, you are incorrect. You were not involved in any negotiations, talks, or agreements. Even you, have not been told the full story by myself, despite our lengthy talks.

I fail to understand why four days ago you were sympathetic towards me, and then turned, and deleted (and blocked) me on facebook. Then you came back the next day and asked to be friends again (to which I have been too busy to reply to), and now this. It seems out of character for the Tami I got to know.
chilinvilin
Cool Member

Post by chilinvilin »

RRFan4Ever wrote:
shawn wrote:
Also a huge Rudy fan.
:mrgreen:
blindleadingtheblind

Post by blindleadingtheblind »

rhoads56 wrote:

Thanks Tami. Unfortunately you dont know the full story.

The "promo press" is not Quiet Riot. It's another band. I have an email from Kelly confirming that he did know it wasnt Quiet Riot, despite saying it was when he gave it to me.

The rest of your claims I shall leave for now. But, you are incorrect. You were not involved in any negotiations, talks, or agreements. Even you, have not been told the full story by myself, despite our lengthy talks.

I fail to understand why four days ago you were sympathetic towards me, and then turned, and deleted (and blocked) me on facebook. Then you came back the next day and asked to be friends again (to which I have been too busy to reply to), and now this. It seems out of character for the Tami I got to know.
Because she is up Kelly's ass
Kelly is trying to fix his name at the moment and she is his personal agent.
Perry you did no wrong..I'm sure you would have preferred the the money Kelly made off your creation. You are just another fan/person manipulated for profit. Before you... he was perusing some Japanese folks that wanted to use the finger nail DNA to clone Randy Rhoads...that's what he told me. It would not surprise me if the nail belonged to Kelly not Randy.

Kelly should be a (MAN) and speak for himself.
Regardless of what Tammi Forward post, the truth about Kelly Garni will go down in history.
He robbed a dead man over and over and over. It will also go down in history that Tammi Forward held the torch for that.

I was around during the build Perry and know what Kelly told me. This was premeditated.
The first thing that came out of Kellys mouth to me was

"I just got a bass endorsement and it did not have anything to do with Randy"
LOL

He went on to tell me how he was going to use this bass to make a TOOOOON of money. I supported his event to do so and told him he should be open about it to the community or he would get shot down like a bird in the sky. Now he is using James brown because his days of robbing the Randy Rhoads bank is just about over. The only problem is, the James brown thing is another person promoting themselves off James brown lol. The self promotion wheel turns. In saying that, I think it is good for Kelly that he is playing music again. I hope that this will somehow repair his mind.
Last edited by blindleadingtheblind on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

We should spend less time trying to understand what happenned to that bass and spend more time trying to find FOOTAGE of Randy....
rhoads56
Cool Member

Post by rhoads56 »

blindleadingtheblind wrote:
Because she is up Kelly's ass
Kelly is trying to fix his name at the moment and she is his personal agent.
Perry you did no wrong..I'm sure you would have preferred the the money Kelly made off your creation. You are just another fan/person manipulated for profit. Before you... he was perusing some Japanese folks that wanted to use the finger nail DNA to clone Randy Rhoads...that's what he told me. It would not surprise me if the nail belonged to Kelly not Randy.
Kelly told me, prior to starting the bass, he had an offer of $500,000 for the nail, from Japan. I didnt believe it. I wondered why he didnt take it. I even asked him, and his reply was "This is my friend, he is not for sale".

I care not, that he sold the bass and made some money. It was his, so he could do as he pleases. Essentually, the new owner didnt buy an Ormsby bass... they bought Randy Rhoads's fingernail (?) housed in a custom instrument. I was lucky enough to be a part of that.

I care about the lies during, and since. I would have been nice to have an offer to reimburse me for my time and expenses. I would have asked that the money went to Mrs Rhoads, so it could be distributed to the scholarship. Rather, he asked me to wire HIM money.
blindleadingtheblind wrote: Kelly should be a (MAN) and speak for himself.
It has only been in the last week, that people have been emailing me stories and links, to show Kelly's full story. I knew a little. I justified in my mind, reasons why he did what he did (the whole DVD thing, mostly). I have preserved Randy's legacy in my mind, trying to avoid all the riff raff that surrounds his name. Unfortunately that is no longer the case. It's really disappointing.

I would love nothing more than to visit Musonia again, but I feel as though maybe the Rhoads family now think I'm part of that riff raff.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Kelly told me, prior to starting the bass, he had an offer of $500,000 for the nail, from Japan. I didnt believe it. I wondered why he didnt take it. I even asked him, and his reply was "This is my friend, he is not for sale".

I care not, that he sold the bass and made some money. It was his, so he could do as he pleases. Essentually, the new owner didnt buy an Ormsby bass... they bought Randy Rhoads's fingernail (?) housed in a custom instrument. I was lucky enough to be a part of that.

I care about the lies during, and since. I would have been nice to have an offer to reimburse me for my time and expenses. I would have asked that the money went to Mrs Rhoads, so it could be distributed to the scholarship. Rather, he asked me to wire HIM money.
It has only been in the last week, that people have been emailing me stories and links, to show Kelly's full story. I knew a little. I justified in my mind, reasons why he did what he did (the whole DVD thing, mostly). I have preserved Randy's legacy in my mind, trying to avoid all the riff raff that surrounds his name. Unfortunately that is no longer the case. It's really disappointing.

I would love nothing more than to visit Musonia again, but I feel as though maybe the Rhoads family now think I'm part of that riff raff.
Out of interest, did you offer to make the bass for free and did you ask for your expenses to be covered before you started working on the bass?
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

fortress wrote:We should spend less time trying to understand what happened to that bass and spend more time trying to find FOOTAGE of Randy....
Speaking of beating a dead horse...

Why the obsession with video?

Randy's legacy would be better served by an in depth analysis of his playing. A book/video discussing specifically which scale is being used here and how it's being applied. Which arpeggio is used there and why it works as it does. How certain licks are part of his "go to" vocabulary. How he structured each song and solo. This should include Quiet Riot material, Ozzy material and how he added fills and embellishments live in both. A more in-depth version of Robert's Rhoads Scholar book. That would further the man's legacy. By helping all of Randy's fans understand him musically better and help us play more like him.

And, by the way, I'd happily shell out $100 for a book like that.

rhoads56
Cool Member

Post by rhoads56 »

Sky wrote:

Out of interest, did you offer to make the bass for free and did you ask for your expenses to be covered before you started working on the bass?
I was asked to build it as an endorsement deal, and I did not ask for reimbursement. I want it to be very clear, Ive never said otherwise.

However, Kelly made numerous promises that would have more than made up for any financial costs at my end. Some of them were 'feel good' promises, eg: things to tick off the bucket list... some were financially or business related "because you gotta get something out of this, brother". Those promises were numerous, and Im going to keep them to myself for now.

Furthermore, after that agreement and discussion, I was told if it was filmed he would organise one party to reimbursement for that side of things (and a second party would purchase the footage, which would cover the cost of making the bass), and I would retain the rights to do as I please with the footage afterwards. It was all a 'sure thing', as both parties "owed him big time". So, I proceeded to film the whole lot, at massive expense (wide screen HD doesnt come cheap), and then fly to the USA to deliver the bass, because that was part of the filming required to tell the "story" (and hell, I wanted to meet Kelly... plus attend the event he was to unveil the bass at... which was yet another lie).

I didnt book flights to deliver the bass, until the filming idea was agreed upon. I intended to courier it to him at his expense, in a case he had made for free by Anvil Cases, and meet him six months later in November for a holiday I had planned with my partner and two of our friends (which we then couldnt afford).
shred2

Post by shred2 »

Why the obsession with video?
1. Because it best represents what I like about the man in the first place - his playing.
Its not a beverage, or an instrument, it is a document of him playing.

2. Because we know it exists.

No I am not satisfied with watching QR footage. I thought they were exceptionally weak as a band.