Randy Rhoads years DVD; Spoiler alert! talk here

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

hansolo
Mass Poster

Randy Rhoads years DVD; Spoiler alert! talk here

Post by hansolo »

This is the thread to talk about the new book/DVD. If you don't want to discuss please don't read any further.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
rzbk777

Re: Randy Rhoads years DVD; Spoiler alert! talk here

Post by rzbk777 »

I loved both, seeing Randy playing his "Laughing Gas" solo live and hearing one of his lessons was a dream come true. :D
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

havent got into the book yet but the lesson was awesome!!!!i love how clean he played thos triplets!!!!!
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

A really good movie, no story of Randy shagging Jackie of the Runaways, was it? I remember that from the original trailer. I think we get the super 8 films of Ron Sobol or edited versions. Best quality ever! Peter's lesson tape sounds great but is it complete? It seemed like a short lesson. I guess we cant have everything.
barossadude

Post by barossadude »

without giving too much away for people who dont yet have it - has anyone found the "easter egg"????
"Rock n' Roll's universal" - Bon Scott, AC/DC
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

damn havent looked for it im gonna check it out tomorrow!!!
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Very edited super 8 stuff :( I was hoping for a complete rehearsal from the TV interview with the mirrors. I still recommend this. My hometown is getting pounded with snow as I watch the directors commentary of RR the QR movie!
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

hansolo wrote:Very edited super 8 stuff :( I was hoping for a complete rehearsal from the TV interview with the mirrors. I still recommend this. My hometown is getting pounded with snow as I watch the directors commentary of RR the QR movie!

sorry for saying but that must suck
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Was that the Peter Margolis lesson when Randy is teaching him VH tunes Running with the devil etc. That would be worth hearing, i'm in 2 minds to get this, as i'm not a great fan of early Quiet Riot. I should imagine the shipping costs are high to the UK. Has anyone in the UK bought the book and dvd ?.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I will be buying it Shaun
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
barossadude

Post by barossadude »

Yes Idol, in 1 part of the doc where it breifly focuses on the QR/VH rivalry in the club days, Peter Margolis talks of when literally moments after meeting Randy he asks if Randy can teach him how to play some VH songs. The audio of Randy playing them isnt too bad & does a great version of them. I really felt sorry for other music students at Musonia who were taking other lessons at the same time Randy was teaching, coz the sound of Randys' loud guitar teaching/playing would have echoed through out the music school :)
BTW - finding this "easter egg" is driving me nuts - if there is a hidden Starwood show or something along the lines like that - its hidden pretty well!!
"Rock n' Roll's universal" - Bon Scott, AC/DC
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I'm a bit disappointed with the bonus features. If there is an easter egg, I haven't found it. There should of been entire shows/reels of the super 8- the bootlegs of Ron's tapes. I have most of Ron's super 8 films on bootleg VHS. I know they weren't perfect but they could have been a chance to get the masters! I think I misspoke about the TV footage with the mirrors, I may have assumed that was out there. I'm also surprised that none of the video taped (Starwood 4+ QR shows on DVD ) shows didn't wind up used more or given as a bonus. The quality looked pretty bad (compared to the boots) but these were the tapes that were never returned to Kevin. I would have thought Ron shot those too? Venue? However, the movie is a great biography of Randy Rhoads' life in QR and the book/DVD is for fans that want to see more of Randy. You can't blame a fan for wanting more of Randy...

P.S. - The last "new lesson I heard of Randy was a Bass lesson. He was teaching a student to play a bass line in E major but at other points there are a couple of Van Halen moments where he plays lead over the bass students vamp.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Hansolo....The Footage you speak of (w/the mirrors) was of QR's practice space from the LA news ,theyre playing Slick black Caddilac...it was aired on VH1s before they were rockstars.
I read somewhere that the drum riser in their rehearsal hall was one of Queens old drum risers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gXK-WJICUw
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Hansolo....The Footage you speak of (w/the mirrors) was of QR's practice space from the LA news ,theyre playing Slick black Caddilac...it was aired on VH1s before they were rockstars.
I read somewhere that the drum riser in their rehearsal hall was one of Queens old drum risers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gXK-WJICUw
Lespauly
Cool Member

Post by Lespauly »

I am looking forward to it..