Randy Rhoads years DVD; Spoiler alert! talk here

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

hansolo
Mass Poster

Re: Randy Rhoads years DVD; Spoiler alert! talk here

Post by hansolo »

Ron wrote me back and said there are no plans to release anymore super 8 footage (entire QR 40 min). I wanted to ask if there was any problems releasing it because I can't see why it couldn't see the light of day. I had also asked Ron if he filmed the video taped shows but he didn't answer that.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

I still wish they would release petes documentary.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

geo its out of peters hands..it has been like that since he wrapped the film up..if you want to thank anybody for ruining the doc, it goes to sharon!!and a few other overzealous individuals with no thought or respect to randy..
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

Tito wrote:geo its out of peters hands..it has been like that since he wrapped the film up..if you want to thank anybody for ruining the doc, it goes to sharon!!and a few other overzealous individuals with no thought or respect to randy..
That's what I think too. It's a shame as the Velocity book & the QR Book/DVD that are associated with Peter are fantastic! I could only have imagined how great the doc was.. Maybe someday, somehow it will be released or "leaked".
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

alborg wrote:
Tito wrote:geo its out of peters hands..it has been like that since he wrapped the film up..if you want to thank anybody for ruining the doc, it goes to sharon!!and a few other overzealous individuals with no thought or respect to randy..
That's what I think too. It's a shame as the Velocity book & the QR Book/DVD that are associated with Peter are fantastic! I could only have imagined how great the doc was.. Maybe someday, somehow it will be released or "leaked".
WELL JUST THROUING THIS OUT THERE IN 2009 AT RANDYS GRAVE PETER SDAID THERE IS MORE FOOTAGE OF RANDY WITH QUIET RIOT AND OZZY AND HE SAID THAT SOME SPECAIL THINGS ARE GOING TO BE IN THE MOVIE
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

that was 09 n this is now lots have happend since then
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

It's all greed and selfishness. At the end of the day it comes down to money. I think Randy fans deserve stuff like the docs and cool stuff like that.
Peppermint Patty

Post by Peppermint Patty »

barossadude wrote:Does any one know the reason why Kelly Garni didnt want to appear in the doc??
He's busy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGttcB18bqw
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Peppermint Patty wrote:
barossadude wrote:Does any one know the reason why Kelly Garni didnt want to appear in the doc??
He's busy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGttcB18bqw
there is 3:16 minutes wasted. My God that was dreadful :fish:

GI....you got it nailed
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Has anyone found the Easter egg that's supposed to be on the DVD? And I didn't hear Randy teaching Pete van Halen licks on the lesson. Was that a joke?
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

oth wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
oth wrote:Dude,whats he supposed to do with the memoribilia,bury it in the Saharan desert so nobody but the fans who bought the dvd could know what he had?Who in their right mind who bought the dvd expected that he wouldnt sell his stuff ?Naive?Hello???
He'd dig up his mother and pull her gold teeth out. He's a fucking disgrace!!
with gold at 1700$ an ounce it would be a worthwhile dig.
I chortled x2!! pure awesome.
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

I finally had a chance to watch most of the DVD and loved it! I want more and can't understand why we don't have more! Did anyone find the Easter egg???
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

Post by RhoadsRockPhotographer »

Tito wrote:geo its out of peters hands..it has been like that since he wrapped the film up..if you want to thank anybody for ruining the doc, it goes to sharon!!and a few other overzealous individuals with no thought or respect to randy
The FAILED Dakota Films documentary has to do with Margolis and Klein, not Sharon (bitch that she is).

They blame everyone but themselves. They were inept.
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Geo Sav wrote:I finally had a chance to watch most of the DVD and loved it! I want more and can't understand why we don't have more! Did anyone find the Easter egg???
Ron Sobol mentioned it on Facebook and/or his book's website. Go to the Special Features section of the DVD. The text will be highlighted, but arrow up past the text, you won't see anything light up, hit enter and it will play a Randy photo montage. Also, at the very end of the credits there is a small clip of Kevin's mother. That is all I know of.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

I will have to check it out thanks!