Quiet Riot Movie

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Quiet Riot Movie

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

i've seen the trailer of this, and it may just be me, but i believe that it was the same doc that peter was wroking on from 06, but he had to remove the ozzy era because of $haron maybe? i don't know. thoughts anyone?

ps. Happy Holidays!
I went ahead and rode the white horse
veotis

Re: Quiet Riot Movie

Post by veotis »

I don't know the answer, but I ordered the DVD/book combo today! From the reviews of the showing at The Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles, it should be great!
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i ordered mine yesterday..glad to see an entire doc on randy coming out without any bullshit!!!i would have liked to see the ozzy era as well but hey fuck it!i read somewhere that ozzy is interviewed and the ozzy era is mentioned in it but as far as how in depth they go during that time is hard to tell.i want to know more about randy as a person and how he was as a teacher etc..plus see and hear how his style was developing up until he died..should be interesting!!!
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Anthony (Ironface @ tk) attended the premier and answered a similar question posted there:

is it safe to assume that this DVD is basically the QR part of the Margolis Doc? If that is the case, I'm assuming the Ozzy years part of it will probably never see the light.

For this film, not one single bit of interview was from any previous projects. This is a completely different production and the interviews are brand new and were directed by Ron Sobel, less some audios from the 70's, 80's and 90's as credited.

http://www.nobitching.com/phpbb3/viewto ... =5&t=14040

Hey, Tito! :)
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

whats up tom!!!!!!!thanks for that correction my brother!!!!!! ;)
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Thanks Tom, such a shame that the RR doc is still unseen.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

Trigger wrote:Thanks Tom, such a shame that the RR doc is still unseen.
they did say there is an "Easter Egg" in the movie. could that possibly be some ozzy era footage? i'm not getting my hopes up, but fingers are still crossed!
I went ahead and rode the white horse
barossadude

Post by barossadude »

Does any one here have their copy yet?? Shipping was ment to have started Dec 10 & I was wondering if any one who pre-ordered their copy like me (I placed my order early Oct) has receieved anything like an email, phone call etc that it's on the way??
"Rock n' Roll's universal" - Bon Scott, AC/DC
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I'm waiting for mine. It has been quite a few months since I've paid for this and the QR Doc finally sees the light. I was told by Ron, in a few emails, that they were printing but once I saw the premiere, I wrote about when to expect and he asked about my vicinity and I told him. No other email...
The $99 other Randy book (but Isn't Kelly Garni supposed to have a book too?) had a free chapter and I remember Don Airey talking bout Randy driving in LA and an airplane wheel feel from the sky behind them. That could be part of the Doc. or at least I was thinking it might have been. Maybe I dreamed it... ;)
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

barossadude wrote:Does any one here have their copy yet?? Shipping was ment to have started Dec 10 & I was wondering if any one who pre-ordered their copy like me (I placed my order early Oct) has receieved anything like an email, phone call etc that it's on the way??
They started shipping late last week. I hope we can expect the book down here in Australia by the end of the week or Christmas eve fingers crossed... With The Christmas mail rush anything can happen though. I can't wait to hear the bits of Randy teaching some Van Halen songs that would be worth the price alone!!

Got an email from Ron saying my book had shipped so they definitely are on their way down under.
barossadude

Post by barossadude »

Good to hear they are on their way Down Under, but still Ive recieved no email as yet about my order. Will be great if it arrives before Xmas! :)
"Rock n' Roll's universal" - Bon Scott, AC/DC
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

If this helps, the email I recv'd was from "UPS Quantum View", the subject was "UPS Ship Notification Tracking Number ###". I recv'd that last Friday Afternoon...I probably pre-ordered mine shortly after it was made available.
Just in case you were looking for something from Red Match Productions.
Mine shows this should arrive here in MA by end of day Friday.

P.S. You're welcome guys! Hey Trig! :)

~T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Where do you order it and how much is it??? I totally lost track of this one.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

zennman
Cool Member

Post by zennman »

Got mine ordered as well. Can't wait to see and read it. Cool that Ron Sobol was involved with this. Great guy!
I sold him his Sandoval PDV when I was at GC Sherman Oaks a few years back....