September's Quiz number 2

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

September's Quiz number 2

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hi Everyone i hope you's are looking forward to this month's quiz.I have been struggling to make these questions that bit more difficult as last months quiz was won with an incredible 100% score of 10/10 for Metal Matt well done again mate.Remember all the questions don't have to be answered to win this but the more you answer the better chance of winning this months prize.I have an absolute Mint vinyl copy of Ozzy Osbourne's Diary of a Madman plus the 12" single Mr Crowley specially recorded during the 1980 UK tour featuring a double B side You Said It All and Suicide Solution.These would be an nice item to add to your collection.If your copy is getting a bit unlistenable over the hiss and crackles! Get those answers to me and you could be rocking to the sound of this Classic album.Don't forget to PM me the answers if you've never entered the quiz before just PM the answers to me its as simple as that.Good Luck to you all and my decision is final. In the event of a tie break the first person to PM me the answer back to the tie break question WINS OK.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Good Luck to everyone who enters this month's quiz sorry for not putting the questions up earlier,but i've been busy.The last day to get your entries in is 10th September 6.00pm (GMT)

1.What was Randy's dog called ?

2.How long did it take to make Randy's first Jackson V and what was so special about this guitar ?

3.Who was originally producing the Blizzard of Ozz album before Max Norman stepped into the driving seat.

4.Something happened to Kevin DuBrow at the time of Randy's death what was this ?

5.Name six well known Rock photographers who photographed Randy ?

6.What practical joke did Randy play on a cocktail waitress in a bar ?

7.What is stencilled on the back of Randy's White Marshall head /amplifier ?

8.Name two of the first most serious bands formed in the 8th grade,that went onto to perform their first Bar gigs ?

9.What was traded in to buy Randy's trademark white Gibson Les Paul ?

10. What gear did Randy play through during his first gigs with Quiet Riot ?

Dont forget to PM me the answers DON'T PUT THE ANSWERS UP ON THE FORUM Good luck to you all...
Randy Magic
Friend of Randy

Post by Randy Magic »

Randy had more than one dog...
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Randy Magic wrote:Randy had more than one dog...
well if he had more then one dog could you name them all ??
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

If we don't know all their names could we just name one of them and still get the mark? I only know one of their names and since that was the original question, is it okay with you?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah Ell i have found out that Randy had three dogs so if you can either name one of them or three you'll still get the point OK
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Excellent, thank you very much :)
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I'm getting all kinds of questions PM'd to me about the Name of Randy's dog question.So to stop any confusion,could you please name the dog pictured above in the photograph.Cheers
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

If anyone hasn't entered this months quiz could you's get your answers to me quickly as possible.You only have until 6.00pm (GMT) tomorrow Good Luck Regards Shaun
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

My answers are coming, I just want to make sure each is as good as I can get them before I send you them.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

1.What was Randy's dog called ?

Well you learn things everyday Randy had more then one dog but i did state the one in the photo which was called "Bonehead" i would of accepted Zero and Killer as well.

2.How long did it take to make Randy's first Jackson V and what was so special about this guitar ?

Approximately two months,this was Grovers first all through neck guitar as all the previous Charvels had bolt on necks so this was a first edition.

3.Who was originally producing the Blizzard of Ozz album before Max Norman stepped into the driving seat.

Chris Tsangarides was originaly producing the album until he had an argument with Ozzy..

4.Something happened to Kevin DuBrow at the time of Randy's death what was this ?

At the time of Randy's death Kevin DuBrow's watch stopped at the exact same time. Spooky..

5.Name six well known Rock photographers who photographed Randy ?

The list goes on and on but you could have had any of the following Fin Costello Neil Zlowzer Paul Naitkin Rob Ellis John Livzey David Plastik Mark Weiss Ron Sobel Jeffrey Mayer Phil Anderson Alan Perry

6.What practical joke did Randy play on a cocktail waitress in a bar ?

Randy took a dislike to this waitress so he finished his drink leaving the ice in the glass.He then urinated into the glass and then complained saying that his drink had a strange taste.The waitress tasted it and to Randy's amusement she agreed that it did taste strange LOL..

7.What is stencilled on the back of Randy's White Marshall
head /amplifier ?

This was a challenging question for all who entered and no one got this one correct.The White Amp head has the words "HANDLE WITH CARE" the 4 X 12 cabinets all have Randy Rhoads stencilled on the backs and sides and thats what alot of you's said.

8.Name two of the first most serious bands formed in the 8th grade,that went onto to perform their first Bar gigs ?

The two bands that i know of from this time are Mildred Pierce and The Whore

9.What was traded in to buy Randy's trademark white Gibson Les Paul ?

A speaker cabinet

10. What gear did Randy play through during his first gigs with Quiet Riot ?

What gear did Randy play "Through" A standard Peavey head and a Ampeg 4 X 12

Well i had a poor response from this quiz, i did make the questions that little bit harder.But we have a champion and this is the second month in a row he's done it again Metal Matt with a cool score of 9/10.Well done Matt i'll get those LP's to you ASAP.
therhoadlesstraveled
Cool Member

Post by therhoadlesstraveled »

Damn, I missed this month's quiz. And damn, I would've lost to matt again anyway.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

therhoadlesstraveled wrote:Damn, I missed this month's quiz. And damn, I would've lost to matt again anyway.
Wow, your 99th post. Mile stone next, I think it's cool member or something.