Why Randy?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

BIG_P
Cool Member

Post by BIG_P »

Trigger wrote:P said it as it was way back,

Its to remeber or imagine now but way back in the early 80's Ozzy was the anti Christ and to like him was selling your soul.
to love the Ozzy albums was scorned but when you listened to those amazing guitar riffs you were wih Randy forever.
Absolutely beautifully put! :D :wink: 8)
[img]http://img500.imageshack.us/img500/3465/banner2xt.jpg[/img]
[b][color=red]The saying, "words can not describe" are so true when it comes to Randy Rhoads.[/color][/b]
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Randy is not one of my main influences,
but there's something in his playing that attracts me 8)
RockyRhoads

Post by RockyRhoads »

BIG_P wrote:He had a 1966 Fender Mustang stashed under his bed and I would sit there and strum it and pretend I was rocking out.
THat's funny, my first guitar was a 1966 Fender Mustang! I wish I still had that guitar, they are worth a mint now.
deansolo
Cool Member

Post by deansolo »

This is what I think....I think his legacy lives on because when he broke onto the scene he was, along with EVH, one of a "new breed" of guitar player. It was an amazing time in metal guitar history. Before that most guitar players, myself included (I'm 43 and have been playing since the mid 70's) played like, and emulated guitarists such as Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Ulrich Roth and Michael Schenker. When EVH and RR arrived, it kicked alot of us in the pants and changed the way Hard Rock/Metal music was played and written. That style of metal guitar sounded truly amazing and fresh at the time. He was an innovator and a virtuoso.
Cat's-Eye pedals now available at Vintage and Rare Guitars, London and Bath, United Kingdom

"Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?"

www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp
Kenn159

Post by Kenn159 »

funny 3 years ago no one really gave as much a shit about him as they do now

That becuase no one really gave as much a shit about guitar lead ,but now in the last couple years its starting to make a come back in rock today.

I remeber the fist time i heard Over the Mountain ,me and a fellow guiatr player were riding in my car and it came on the radio and our Jaws dropped ,it just blew us away.
So I can understand aspiring guitarist today being moved by it as well.
therhoadlesstraveled
Cool Member

Post by therhoadlesstraveled »

Waycool topic! I like Randy so much because he made me look at music completely different. It was like I was living in a 2D world until I first heard him, and everything went 3-dimensional.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Words can't really say why I like Randy's music so much, it just seems so perfect. He changed the way I look at music a lot. Before hearing him I would compete for speed, amount of distortion, compete with other guitarists and all sorts of pointless crap like that. Now i've learnt to control my tone, use speed only when it fits, write more structured songs, play with emotion and generally improve.

To me he is the best guitarist in the world for many many reasons. Number one is he rocks:D.

I don't really think it matters too much that he was a new type of guitarist or changed the face of rock because someone else could have done it before him and he would still rock. You can also listen to the same old Randy songs again and again and they never seem to grow old, I must be well into the hundreds with Tribute:D
Randy Magic
Friend of Randy

Post by Randy Magic »

As a guitarist: Why not Randy?

As a person: He taught me it was OK to be "goofy" and "cool" at the same time, and being funny can be a really good way to meet new people. I think this is why people remember Randy's hijinks/humor the most when they think of him as a person. Not to mention the gentle disposition that was his nature. God bless him.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Well yeah, he had an influence as a person on basically everyone here I guess. He definately made me more positive and stuff.
eternalfirex777

Post by eternalfirex777 »

Randy Rhoads is my favorite guitar player because when I was 12 years old, I picked up a copy of Blizzard from a friend and was just in awe at the guitar craftsmanship. Randy Rhoads was probably the greatest reason I have a jazz/blues combo and study classical music while jamming to classic metal and glam. The cadenza from the live version of Suicide Solution on Tribute put me in a trance for weeks. To this day I have a giant "RR" with a Flying V on my school notebook. God bless you, Randy, and I hope God loves your music as much as we did.

- Mike
from the east

Post by from the east »

He has much soul in his playing and when you listen to him you get so many emotion. This is good for me and i wish i could play like him he means very much to me. :D
rrguitar

Post by rrguitar »

He is unique special and someone who should be recognized as such
God Bless Randy Rhoads
easter

Why Randy

Post by easter »

He had the gift, the look, the attitude and an incredible image
strat2tele1

Post by strat2tele1 »

Back in the days it was generally either Randy Rhoads and Eddie Van Halen........and Randy's playing was more to my liking.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Why not :?: :P