Why Randy?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

cableguyxx wrote:Why not :?: :P
Every time I did read the title of this topic, this sentence came up to me as well ! :P
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
andy m

Post by andy m »

He is my fav because you can hear just about every note he played. He played with GREAT feeling and grace. Each note meant something, I don't think he played just to play. He played as if speaking through his guitar.

Andy
Charvel65

Post by Charvel65 »

Why Randy??
He was/is the best ever. Sure there may be guitarists that are better players.... but this man was a genius. He knew how to multi-track without people knowing he did it. He made whatever he did sound perfect.

But most of all, was his passion!! You can feel it come through on his songs.

As I said... there may be better players, but Randy was the total package. He could write, play, record, everything.
Wild Child

General

Post by Wild Child »

Randy is a definition of a ideal rock star- his playing is amazing- so clean, fast, melodic and based on classical stuff. I don`t know but when I listened to the Blizzard few years ago I was more intersted about the guitarist than about Ozzy. Then I saw his little picture in booklet and it was something like- whoow.. That`s funny because everytime I watch Randy on video or on simple picture I just want to play the guitar. He motivates me to be better guitarist.( I`m just going crazy when I see his fingers running through the fret- passion, speed and great precision- that`s why he is my guitar hero)
If you try to manufacture what a perfect rock star should be- Randy Rhoads..
Randy Magic
Friend of Randy

Post by Randy Magic »

For Randy it was all about the music, and trying to get as many of those he met to get involved in music. Randy gave guitar lessons to most of the young people he was around, including my brothers, my cousin, and a few of my brothers friends. Randy attempted to teach me on two occasions, but I was pretty young and my interest was not that strong - he tried to show me how to play a D chord (now my favorite chord :lol:). The one commonality I can relay is that he always started your lesson with "Dust in the Wind" by Kansas (at least in the cases above). Which is fitting considering the Grand Scheme of things...
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

:lol: For me it was the whole package; music, looks, charm etc. He was also one of the first guitarists that I got into, it was so intense that it was almost scary thing to get so deeply into Randy´s grooves! It was somewhere in the 80´s and I haven´t recovered...from Randy´s six string sting!
Mikel
Sweet_Amber

Post by Sweet_Amber »

His music is just awesome, his style was unique, but most of all his personality really inspired me alot :) The man was just awesome in every way :wink:
If you can't walk, then you definetly can't run!