Randy Rhoads guitar pic

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

leatherjacket

Randy Rhoads guitar pic

Post by leatherjacket »

does anyone know the value of a randy rhoads guitar pic that he used and threw into the crowd. Of course you cannot sign a pic but they have there names on them and this is 100% authentic. looking to maybe sell it but do not know a value.
matt21

Re: Randy Rhoads guitar pic

Post by matt21 »

Randy used Fender Mediums. I don't ever recall Randy's name being on it unless it was one that they reproduced within the last decade or so.
leatherjacket

Post by leatherjacket »

No thses were not reproduced. the owner of the pic whom has 3 collected pics from all his concerts starting back in the early 70s. he has many many of them and some very rare ones including 3 randy Rhoads pics. he said he got them from going to the concert and randy throwing them out. He always buys front row seats just to collect pics. So he is wanting to sell some but we do not know the values on any.
mikesline
Cool Member

Post by mikesline »

leatherjacket wrote:No thses were not reproduced. the owner of the pic whom has 3 collected pics from all his concerts starting back in the early 70s. he has many many of them and some very rare ones including 3 randy Rhoads pics. he said he got them from going to the concert and randy throwing them out. He always buys front row seats just to collect pics. So he is wanting to sell some but we do not know the values on any.
i don't know about that? i asked mrs rhoads if he had signiture pix made for him and she no.
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

I also don't remember Randy having custom named guitar picks. If they are standard fender mediums and the owner 'claims' they are Randy's I doubt you'll get much $$ for it ;)
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

If you want a randy rhoads pick the go buy a crapload of fender mediums
randy will never die
Mass Poster

LOL
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

never were any signature pics from RR.The seller is bulshiting you.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

There was the one guitar pic that was on ebay that time about a year ago.... looked very authentic. Had a MANY people on here scratching their heads saying "maybe" so you never know.
Live Life Stronger Than Death
randy will never die
Mass Poster

All we know is that randy used fender mediums but I ve seen a few people try too sale a randy pick
Efrum

Post by Efrum »

Not sure about the printed ones, but here's mine from March 17th 1982. The wear that can barely be seen in the second photo is Randy's. This came right off the floor of The Omni, and straight into safe keeping. Sorry about my crappy camera. NOT for sale, so don't even ask... Lol.
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

Buyer beware
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

FKN hell guys this thread is a pure advert for spam. The guy is purely fishing for info to find out if he can sell his DIY made picks on ebay or to one of us fools ;-) . Too many picks are being copied these days, as the gear to make them is now available. Put your blanks into the printer and you can make any pick you want. We know the score with his picks its the fans who would pay a fortune for one of his. But we know he never had a signature made pick. The pick scene back in the early 80's was just starting and only a few bands had picks to throw out at gigs. KISS, WASP, CHEAP TRICK, TED NUGENT, VAN HALEN, BOC... All the other bands used generic (Fender, Herco, Peavey,Gibson etc) or picks from the likes of Manny's and Sam Ash stores. If you got a pick from any band before 1980 i can guarantee it would be a generic pick.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

leatherjacket wrote:No thses were not reproduced. the owner of the pic whom has 3 collected pics from all his concerts starting back in the early 70s. he has many many of them and some very rare ones including 3 randy Rhoads pics. he said he got them from going to the concert and randy throwing them out. He always buys front row seats just to collect pics. So he is wanting to sell some but we do not know the values on any.
Well post a photo up of the pick so we can laugh our cocks off dude... Do you think we are barking fkn mad or do you want me to hand over the $3K for one but if you have 2 can you do a deal say $4K for them both. Fuck off and take your picks with you...
Efrum

Post by Efrum »

Lol! Idol, you're my idol. I'd kill to have your dauntlessness. You always say what I'm thinking, but don't have the guts to type.
On a side note: Here's some picks I'm selling. I'm thinking maybe 2 cents each? Hell, I'll just give them away. Lol.