Forgerys Fakes and Facsimile

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Forgerys Fakes and Facsimile

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Glam Keef wrote:Here is a photo of an autograph that is unquestionably 100% genuine. I know because I asked Randy to sign my 1981 tour programme and he autographed it right there in front of me. Hope this helps with authentication of his signature.
Just for everyone's info, the trailing off in the surname is due to the fact that Randy was resting my programme on his knee/thigh to sign it - not an ideal table I'm afraid. It was after the gig, the venue was virtually empty and he was crouching down at the edge of the stage to talk to me.

Glam Keef thats a nice one to have and one of the better pics signed by Randy. I noticed he signed on the same page, in the same place on the guitar. Was this signed during the 1981 Diary UK tour.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I will do sweety, let me sit down at the PC this weekend and have a fumble!
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Glam Keef

Post by Glam Keef »

Glam Keef thats a nice one to have and one of the better pics signed by Randy. I noticed he signed on the same page, in the same place on the guitar. Was this signed during the 1981 Diary UK tour.
Yes, it was on 30th Nov 1981 in Cardiff, Wales. The band only played Bristol, Cardiff and Liverpool on the DOAM tour - the rest of the UK was cancelled so I was lucky to see the band and also get to meet RR. I also met Rudy and Tommy who also signed this programme for me. My story of that day appears here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5870
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

This was originaly listed up on ebay as a 7 day auction with a starting price of £60.00 = $93.00 The seller must of been asked if he would do a 'buy it now' for £120.00 = $186.00. Someone got themselves a bargain, obviously the seller did not do his research.
I had to have a close look at the Randy signature but it looks like one of his very early Ozzy era signatures.
Fully signed Crazy Train 7"
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Trigger wrote:I agree Shaun this would be better in the collectors section.
Can the Mods go ahead with the request to have this thread moved to the 'collectors corner' section and tagg this as a sticky thread please..... I did ask Ian to do this for me, but he's a busy guy and needs a good kick up the arse.... :wink:
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

This was up for auction a few years ago it sold for $1750.00 a nice one for the collection.

JPC123

Post by JPC123 »

Hi

I have been a huge fan for a long time and didn’t know much about this forum, anyway.

I have just come across a signed programme which I think looks authentic, signed by Ozzy, Bob Randy and the support band Budgie, please see the attached.

JP
Attachments
20120612_145413.jpg
20120612_145311.jpg
20120612_144056.jpg
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

Yes, thats 100% authentic.Its his sloppy version of his signature.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

That Ozzy signature is a printed one it is in all the 1980 UK Blizzard tour programmes. I've noticed alot of sellers who see it for the first time think it's a 100% hand wrote signature, don't be fooled. The Budgie signatures look good and the Daisley signature. But Randy's is very sloppy i'd give it a closer look. It does show signs of his connections to letters etc. Is this listed on ebay as i'd like to see what the seller has to say. Cheers for posting it up :wink:
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPC123

Post by JPC123 »

Thank you for the reply, I didn't realise the Ozzy one was printed, how stupid of me lol. GUITARIDOL5682 I have replied to your PM.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

JPC123 wrote:Thank you for the reply, I didn't realise the Ozzy one was printed, how stupid of me lol. GUITARIDOL5682 I have replied to your PM.
It was mentioned in the description as a 'facsimile Ozzy signature'. That was not a bad price, i've seen this programme sell for a lot more fully signed. This is the link to the item here, but alas it has sold.

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=565040
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Trigger wrote:I agree Shaun this would be better in the collectors section.
Can the Mods go ahead with the request to have this thread moved to the 'collectors corner' section and tagg this as a sticky thread please..... I did ask Ian to do this for me, but he's a busy guy and needs a good kick up the arse.... :wink:
Hello!!! The request for this to become a sticky in the collectors corner or on the general forum...Let it be so Thank you.. :wink:
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

How about this one? I could be wrong, but looks like a phony to me. Mind you, I don't have the experience some of you folks do examining these!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/RANDY-RHOADS-Aut ... 1408wt_689
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

That one has been doing the rounds on ebay for a long time. It looks authentic but the price is a bit high. If it was something like a tour programme or an album cover that had the signatures on. Plus the providence on that one isn't very good. I remember the signed programme that had a photo of Randy signing his page. That was another one with a stupid price tag. This was the pic that was suppose to be from that signing. I know the guy who took the photo and he said that it was not the person in the photo. The seller had just added the photo to help it sell. well it back fired on him and it has put alot of potential buyers off.
Attachments
Randy Rhoads signing.jpg
(31.55 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Randy Rhoads signing.jpg
(31.55 KiB) Not downloaded yet
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120