Forgerys Fakes and Facsimile

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Ell wrote:That's a cool idea and all but what about if the people who make these fakes see your genuine one. Then they will just make them closer to the ones you've let us see.
Yeah Ell you've got the general idea so if you make them we'll go halfers on ebay for each one we sell OK.. :wink: The forgers are on to this allready so if they do see signatures on this site its tough.But thats what we are trying to stop,normaly people who have just got one item up on ebay are bogus they normaly have other items from the same time I.E programmes tickets from gigs other signed items.This is a general good way to suss the genuine people out.You've got to ask them questions and normaly if it is a bullshit item they don't reply.Because they cannot give you where! what! and when! answers.How did you get this autograph? Did you get this autograph? When and where abouts normaly lets them down because they haven't done their homework on the history to back it up.I have Thin Lizzy's guitarist Scott Gorham's autograph about 16 times and over the years his signature changed in style you've got to take that into consideration as well.Randy's was very different in Quiet Riot compared to his early days in Ozzy.Look at the different way he does his R's later on they didn't appear to be so sharp.I'll get some scanned and posted up OK..Forgers stay well away or you'll feel the Devil bite your ass :twisted: :twisted:
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Guitaridol provided this pic;

Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

This is a cool thread I always wondered about all these Randy signatures I saw for sale. I guess I will just have to put the idea of owning a signature off until I can find one that has proof.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Wolfie wrote:This is a cool thread I always wondered about all these Randy signatures I saw for sale. I guess I will just have to put the idea of owning a signature off until I can find one that has proof.
Yeah Wolfie,i've seen too many people ripped off on ebay even i have fell into the trap.I bought a Ozzy Osbourrne Blizzard of Ozz 1980 UK tour programme fully signed.But it was all genuine apart from Randy's signature had been added and it was totally obvious.The other three signatures had faded slightly and the RR signature was a very poor attempt and it was standing off the page in bold blue biro pen.The guy who i bought it off said it was 100% genuine.I got a Lee Kerslake drumstick aswell which is a very nice item.The stick has Lee's signature on it (pictured below).So it was a full money back guarantee or lose the three signatures and the drumstick.But i have seen a few good signed items so i know the difference from the original to the fake.
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

All provided by guitaridol;

Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

That Blizzard LP is a fine example of how to look out for signatures that are HOT.What's been done here is quite common the Ozzy signature is genuine and from about 1990.All the other signatures have been added and believe me these are bad, look how shakey Bob Daisleys is thats a classic sign of a bad copy.If you check out the drumstick from 1980 thats how a Lee Kerslake signature should look,make your own mind up on the RR signature but if two out of the four are crap !!! I think Randys will be Hotter then Hell..
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

I think the RR is totally Fake also!! This guy has been selling several copies on ebay, also the guy in brazil sells all fake autos.. the RR looks kinda like the blizzard poster ,maybe this guys using a auto pen?? out of all the REAL RR autos I seen none match the Poster.. Does anyone agree on this??
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

who is TJ Kerslake anyway?? I never seen lee sign like that.. Mine on my blizzard album looks just like the drumstick!!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

wyldeone wrote:I think the RR is totally Fake also!! This guy has been selling several copies on ebay, also the guy in brazil sells all fake autos.. the RR looks kinda like the blizzard poster ,maybe this guys using a auto pen?? out of all the REAL RR autos I seen none match the Poster.. Does anyone agree on this??
I agree 100% that is the same signature I having been looking for a genuin signature for many years. I don't think I will get one as nobody ever has real evidence to demonstrate that the signature they have is the real thing. :?
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

I just got a new pc I need to get a scanner for it,Then I can scan you some pics to help you out..
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

wyldeone wrote:who is TJ Kerslake anyway?? I never seen lee sign like that.. Mine on my blizzard album looks just like the drumstick!!
Yeah wyldeone that has to be a deliberate mistake i think whats happened hear he was going to write T for Tommy Aldridge then he's realised and went SHIT it was Lee Kerslake in that line up.But i'm glad that you's are taking notice. :wink: I've seen some genuine RR signatures but they have gone for BIG money.But the minute i see one i'll let you's know so you's can bid on the genuine article. I have pre warned some people on ebay and they've still went ahead to bid again and win the said item.IDIOTS with too much money to waste. :!:
Randy Magic
Friend of Randy

Post by Randy Magic »

as nobody ever has real evidence to demonstrate that the signature they have is the real thing
The one I posted is real, I do not think I need to proove provenance, however. I will say that real sigs do come up for sale periodically on eBay, but there are far more fakes being peddled. I think the early days of eBay would have been the time to get an original...
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
wyldeone wrote:who is TJ Kerslake anyway?? I never seen lee sign like that.. Mine on my blizzard album looks just like the drumstick!!
Yeah wyldeone that has to be a deliberate mistake i think whats happened hear he was going to write T for Tommy Aldridge then he's realised and went SHIT it was Lee Kerslake in that line up.But i'm glad that you's are taking notice. :wink: I've seen some genuine RR signatures but they have gone for BIG money.But the minute i see one i'll let you's know so you's can bid on the genuine article. I have pre warned some people on ebay and they've still went ahead to bid again and win the said item.IDIOTS with too much money to waste. :!:
That sounds right.. I do have a blizzard fully signed and I paid a lot of $$ for it , As soon as I get a scanner im going to post some pics, Also have a lot of copies of real RR autos some I owned (had to sell a few years ago due to $$ problems) some I got due to a RR autograph study I was doing..
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

Randy Magic wrote:
as nobody ever has real evidence to demonstrate that the signature they have is the real thing
The one I posted is real, I do not think I need to proove provenance, however. I will say that real sigs do come up for sale periodically on eBay, but there are far more fakes being peddled. I think the early days of eBay would have been the time to get an original...

Its weird how Randys Rs are never the same the only way to tell a real one is to look at the way he connects his letters
And no Randy Magic you dont need to prove anything.. Very cool autograph.. I wish I could of known him..
I do have a Xerox of his Drivers Licence.. that would be cool for people to see..when I wrote the leesburg police dept. years ago the sent all kinds of xeorox copies of stuff about the crash.. pretty sad..
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »