Steven Rosen and Andrew Klein Book Excerpt

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

The Flying Dutchman

Re: Steven Rosen and Andrew Klein Book Excerpt

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Shockwave wrote:Throwing a girls shoes in a fireplace ......... really got you that upset?
Well if these shoes were mine someone would have a problem for sure. And if this concerned a 'friend' of mine the friendship would be over if nothing else. :wink:
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:And to quote and paraphrase Voltaire, "I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it" comes into play here. By that I mean that I may not agree with you at all times, but it is indeed YOUR right to be offended. Others may not hold the same beliefs.
Great quote!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Elvira
Cool Member

Post by Elvira »

In Drew´s owns words " When you are twentysomething, male, full of hormones, in a rock band where everyone adores you, it´s hard not to do some of those things". I understand Paul´s point of view perfetly. I felt the same when i read about Randy´s fight with his first girlfriend and others things.
I´m not trying to excuse Randy...but i don´t know... Drew´s words made me look at it from another perspective.
Sorry for my bad English ;)
RRfan4eveRR

Post by RRfan4eveRR »

As far as Randy allegedly hitting a girl, I just can't see that in his demeanor any where at all, however if it is true, then I would assume there is more to the story: his view, hers, and the truth. I have not purchased nor read this book simply because of the way that the "authors" conducted their business with the family, friends, band mates and finally the fans. They screwed over absolutely every last person and entity that they could, and I believe their angle is to trash Randy's legacy, and it appears as if it's working.

And please do not say that I can't comment because I don't intend to read it, I have spent enough time researching this debacle to feel that my opinion is sound and based upon the merits if the authors and the project itself, not to mention the so-called documentary.
I don't have a short attention span I
RRfan4eveRR

Post by RRfan4eveRR »

I must confess that Santa brought me this much reviled book for Christmas and yes, I'm impressed. It's well laid out, on excellent stock and its printed quality is the best.

What truly sucks is that this project screwed the family over, however it is far more detailed and objective than most other resources out there on Randy. I found the posts that Paul had mentioned offended him, there is a statement about Kelly G maintaining his bond with Randy regardless of Jan's presence where one could possibly take the wrong way, that Randy was physically abusing Jan, but the book also testifies that Jan was by no means a victim and stood her ground physically. Also the book goes into graphic detail about Randy & Jan's final blow out (quite literally) where I feel they could've left out, but I'm sure they wanted to shed light on Randy, the human. Things were sooo much different back then!

I'd have to say that this bio is much needed to keep the legacy going, but if the authors think that everyone should just accept their word that all materials were procured separate than that of the failed documentary, this book provides irrefutable evidence to the contrary IMHO. Pretty sure Delores didn't allow them access to Randy's instruments for inspection and photos for the bio exclusively. Also, there are photos taken from the filming of the doc.

Well, in conclusion, I am pleasantly surprised. And would I recommend others purchasing this book? Well, sure- but only deeply discounted from 3rd parties wherever possible.
I don't have a short attention span I
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Tito wrote:ok i do dont believe in organized religion nor do i practice,even tho i was raised roman catholic..i do believe in god..but this is for "everyone" on this forum...JUDGE NOT,THAT YOU BE NOT JUDGED...i think this saying should be practiced no matter what you believe in......now carry on gentlemen/ladies...

Hey Tito Happy New Year.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Big Hairy Balls everyone and a Happy New Year.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

Lol happy new year mojo!!!!!
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

Tito,is that your mug shot from Pelican Bay or Folsom?
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

Thanks oth lmao!!!!!!happy new year brother!
kamalayka
Cool Member

Post by kamalayka »

So Randy was a woman beater and he got his rocks off by making waitresses drink his piss?

Yeah, the man had issues.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

kamalayka wrote:So Randy was a woman beater
Hence we weren't there.... For instance when you are beated by a woman you won't hit back? I'm not sure myself I wouldn't hit back, it all depends. It's far too easy to call him a 'woman beater' based on maybe one incident/a couple lines in a book. Though it's pretty much confirmed Randy himself was punched by Ozzy once....
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Mr. Wolfe
Cool Member

Post by Mr. Wolfe »

RRfan4eveRR wrote:What truly sucks is that this project screwed the family over...
I want to know HOW these people feel this book 'screwed' them. They chose to not be involved and didn't do anything until it was published from what I understand. Maybe, just maybe, there is more to Randy's family keeping things from us than we realize?

Not knowing them, nor having ever spoken with them I cannot say. My friend Frank thinks very highly of them and I think very highly of him. That said, I've met some people in the last two months with a different point of view who I also have much respect for...

For the record, I was wrong about this book and about Randy. I stand by my feelings of being offended by some of his behavior presented in the book as well as the idea that some folks think that behavior is somehow 'cool'. When all is said and done though, it's excellent.
mpavlic

Post by mpavlic »

Just an FYI, the book is on sale brand new right now on amazon for $59. A few weeks ago it was well over $100
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

thanks mpavlic!!!!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

If you don't mind buying a book that is slightly damaged you can pick one up on ebay for a cheaper price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Randy-Rhoads-Bi ... 19e47e2c74