Port Vale Tribute Video

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Port Vale Tribute Video

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Wasn't sure how to embed, so I'll use the link for now.

I incorporated some Port Vale photos, the Port Vale audio, along with the rare film footage that was uploaded not too long ago. I'm not very good at video editing. I did the best I could. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Song's I Don't Know and Flying High Again

EDIT: Video Removed to avoid copyright infringement. Please remove/delete thread if possible.
Last edited by Silver Rhoads on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Re: Port Vale Tribute Video

Post by RRFan4Ever »

Good job, Silver Rhoads! I really enjoyed that tribute:) Thanks for sharing and I think you did a great job pulling this together- hopefully this doesn't see the banhammer for copyright infringement! Seems to happen often with certain artists and/or labels.
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

Thanks, I enjoyed it
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Yeah! Well done! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Thanks! Glad you guys like it.

That must have been some show to see. I read on a Wiki page that there were about 20,000 people there and the football club made about 25,000 pounds from the event.
I also read that it was uncommon for a big rock show to take place there.

I wish Robert Ellis' photos were more affordable.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Thanks for doing that. It gives us a feel for what that show was like. :mrgreen: :lol: :D
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

SR, nice job. Thanks for the effort. What software did you use to do that?
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

stress2stress2 wrote:SR, nice job. Thanks for the effort. What software did you use to do that?
I used Adobe Premiere Elements. Most software products will do the same job. I used a wave editor to edit the songs into it.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

A nice job mate, shame i didn't get a credit. I honestly don't think you can take someones photos and do this without writing permission. I know when i was trying to get photos together for Simon's documentary. Both myself and Simon had to sign a disclosure to say that it wouldn't be made public i.e youtube. That was for Alan Perry to agree and for us not to use the photos in any other way. I don't think he'd be happy to see this film and he has had material used in the past without his permission. I'm just giving you a warning i wouldn't want to see you get into any legal entanglements over a well made film.
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

Is Randy the only artist that has these issues relating to copyright or is this a fairly common phenomena? Just wondering because I rarely, if ever, see it occur elsewhere.
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:A nice job mate, shame i didn't get a credit. I honestly don't think you can take someones photos and do this without writing permission. I know when i was trying to get photos together for Simon's documentary. Both myself and Simon had to sign a disclosure to say that it wouldn't be made public i.e youtube. That was for Alan Perry to agree and for us not to use the photos in any other way. I don't think he'd be happy to see this film and he has had material used in the past without his permission. I'm just giving you a warning i wouldn't want to see you get into any legal entanglements over a well made film.
Yes, I understand. I just did it for a fun project and tribute. I tried to make sure I mentioned it was not for sale and mentioned the photographers that I knew of and also mentioned this forum. If anyone asks me to take it down, I wouldn't mind. I just knew people would want to see the Port Vale footage with the original audio. I had purchased the batch of Allen Perry's photos a long time ago. If he would be upset, I would understand and remove the video. He's a very cool guy either way.
RRFan4Ever wrote:Is Randy the only artist that has these issues relating to copyright or is this a fairly common phenomena? Just wondering because I rarely, if ever, see it occur elsewhere.
KISS had been adamant about this as well. It depends on the band, firm representing them and if it rubs someone the wrong way.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Well i'll repeat my words, when i wanted photos for Simon's docu we had to be giving writting permission to use Alan Perry's photos. To give him a credit at the end is not a way out. By all means get in touch with Alan and Ross Halfin and ask them if they don't mind their photos being used in a film on youtube. I'd be surprised if they say yeah thats fine. I got pissed off when the photos i've put up on here get put on sites with no credit. I know they are mine, but do i get asked if they can be used NO!!!. You made a good film but you should of went about it with a bit more caution.
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Well i'll repeat my words, when i wanted photos for Simon's docu we had to be giving writting permission to use Alan Perry's photos. To give him a credit at the end is not a way out. By all means get in touch with Alan and Ross Halfin and ask them if they don't mind their photos being used in a film on youtube. I'd be surprised if they say yeah thats fine. I got pissed off when the photos i've put up on here get put on sites with no credit. I know they are mine, but do i get asked if they can be used NO!!!. You made a good film but you should of went about it with a bit more caution.
That's a good point. I'll just take it down. Cheers.
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

Fwiw I appreciate the effort
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Silver Rhoads wrote:That's a good point. I'll just take it down. Cheers.
Shit! Just checked in after a while been absent, would've loved to have seen this.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll