randys black beauty

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

distortionplus
Cool Member

Re: randys black beauty

Post by distortionplus »

Yeah I remember that now LOL. Getting old I guess.
BowTie29
Cool Member

Post by BowTie29 »

He could have used it as Ed (VH) has played his snake/dragon guitar live bIve never seen any pictures of him playing it on stage, but ive seen video so he could have played it sometime and there just isnt any photos. And for video.... Well thats been talked about enough on here
mauk 1

Post by mauk 1 »

Ive seen a pic of the band at the local Pub "The Plough" that Ozzy and the Bob , and Lee would go to when Randy was working on recording the Guitar tracks on the Blizzard/Diary albums,,
This picture shows the entire band (Randy included) in a booth at the pub,, and Randy is holding/playing a Black Les Paul in the pub...
Im not saying it's the Black Beauty by any means,Because its very well noted he bought the '57 black beauty just before his passing, and he used to pose with in this last photo shootImageImage ( you can tell he loved the Black Beauty),,,,,

Im also not saying that the Black LP in the picture at"The Plough" was Randys guitar either,,or used on either album,,,,
But I do remember seeing it, and and remember thinking how interesting/odd it was to see him with a Black LP during the recording period...
Could it have been Bob's,, ?
One thing is for sure,,, It does show the truth about him not really going anywhere without a guitar in his hands....
But it is a really interesting picture..............

Found this here..........

viewtopic.php?t=2113
ImageImage
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Anyone have the picture from that photo shoot that has the photographer's assistant in it?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Anyone have the picture from that photo shoot that has the photographer's assistant in it?
This is the one here but i heard she was a publcist from John Livzey..

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1174&hilit=livzey
distortionplus
Cool Member

Post by distortionplus »

That does not look like a "fretless wonder" to me. They don't look that small really. Anybody else notice that?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:Anyone have the picture from that photo shoot that has the photographer's assistant in it?
This is the one here but i heard she was a publcist from John Livzey..

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1174&hilit=livzey
Okay, publicist... my mind ain't as sharp as it could be. I remember at .tk how we all thought it was photoshopped.
Attachments
Randy Rhoads with Publicist.jpg
(38.96 KiB) Not downloaded yet
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

She wants to photoshop a new design in wardrobe....shit that jumper is fresh out the charity shop.