Paul Gilbert on Randy Rhoads seminar

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

mojopin70
Mass Poster

Paul Gilbert on Randy Rhoads seminar

Post by mojopin70 »

"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Re: Paul Gilbert on Randy Rhoads seminar

Post by orion_damage »

Really cool that Paul has access to a picture of him there, the seminar and of course got to see Randy live.
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I grew up in Greensburg, Pennsylvania... a small town, where a visit from a famous musician was a rare event. But on Feb. 2nd, 1982, Randy Rhoads came for a whole day of guitar clinics at a music store in Greensburg. Of course I went to one of the clinics, and the photo above was taken when I was standing in line (upper left, in the photo) and waiting to get an autograph from Randy.

I saw Randy play that night with Ozzy Osbourne at the big concert arena in Pittsburgh. It was the second time that I saw him live, and I made sure to get as close to the stage as possible. I remember making some goofy faces at him while he was playing, and he saw me and made some goofy faces right back.

I miss Randy, his guitar playing, and his music. It still amazes me that he came to Greensburg. Randy truly rocked.

http://youtu.be/HL6DPqAPhS8?list=PLk-KR ... swfbr00Kj3

Thank you,

Paul
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

I thought the podcast was pretty interesting. Hearing from the guy who actually did the recording and asked a good chunk of the questions. Gotta wonder if he's the guy that educated Randy on False Harmonics haha
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

That was awesome cheers.