It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:06 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 10 of 10   [ 143 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Rumor: Capitol Theatre, Passaic, New Jersey..Pro Shot
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 8:47 am 

Brian_D wrote:
did Ozzy ever play the Capital Centre in Landover, MD?
According our current knowledge they didn't. See Randy Rhoads on tour 1973 - 1982

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 3:53 pm 
Cool Member

If you think about it...There is plenty of Van Halen footage with varying qualities from 78-present, it boggle the mind that the Ozzy/Rhoads camera were not rolling...Just doesn't past the litmus test.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 10:47 pm 
Cool Member

devorerd wrote:
If you think about it...There is plenty of Van Halen footage with varying qualities from 78-present, it boggle the mind that the Ozzy/Rhoads camera were not rolling...Just doesn't past the litmus test.

The same thing with all the KISS footage that's out there. Regardless if Ozzy's management decided to buy the footage or not, there would have been shows that were filmed at various venues. Hopefully someone saved them so we can see something else in our lifetime...

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:26 am 

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Brian_D wrote:
did Ozzy ever play the Capital Centre in Landover, MD?
According our current knowledge they didn't. See Randy Rhoads on tour 1973 - 1982

Dammit... I was hoping that might pan out. IIRC, it seems like the Capital Centre had its own in-house filming system. In the VH '82 footage, there's a Capital Centre logo screen that comes on before the show starts...just a blue background with "Capital Centre" on it in yellow...that I'm sure was added by the venue. I figured if Oz played there, there'd likely be a copy somewhere...

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:31 am 

alborg wrote:
devorerd wrote:

The same thing with all the KISS footage that's out there. Regardless if Ozzy's management decided to buy the footage or not, there would have been shows that were filmed at various venues. Hopefully someone saved them so we can see something else in our lifetime...

I agree. I was a kid at the time and I remember how much notoriety Ozzy had for his crazy antics during this time period. Bigger than life urban legend shit, with the bat stuff, and rumors of him killing goats onstage and throwing blood and guts into the audience. I know none of that was true outside the one bat incident, but I can't imagine that more people weren't motivated to try to capture whatever might happen.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 5:03 am 
Mass Poster

hmmmm KISS was HUGE, so footage of them makes perfect sense.

Ozzy & company had plans for a big pro-shot show, unfortunately Randy died before the date of the show...

It's really not a mystery that there isn't more footage. There was a plan for it, but fate got in the way. Sharon likes to control things, right? So she made arrangements to have film done on her terms - After Hours and Speak of the Devil. I'm sure anything else is under her control as well.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 1:18 pm 
Mass Poster

Either way it sounds promising that there are at least 2-3 in house venue full concert Video recordings, pheonix brothers footage, and lastly the ET footage.

This doesn't even include other things that haven't been talked about/rumored yet. Something seems to pop up at least once a year no matter how small.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 9:33 pm 

Well...this is interesting. I wonder how this shakes out now for the unreleased stuff Oz is sitting on...?

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/sharon- ... 00304.html

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 10 of 10   [ 143 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10