Rumor: Capitol Theatre, Passaic, New Jersey..Pro Shot

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Rumour: Capitol Theatre, Passaic, New Jersey..Pro Shot

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Dave everything thats mentioned there is true the whole gig was filmed as witnessed by Randy and Dave Tangye. If it was mentioned in the book did we have Jodi saying anything about the gig ?. But the chances of it still being available and has it survived ?. It's the same old story everytime a piece of film is brought to light. We can go chasing our asses in the hope of something being found. In the time i've been here on this forum its a paper chase in a gale force wind. It was mentioned in the book because its a question that always gets asked. What happened to the footage that was found 'the ET and 2 on the town' in its entirety, which was mentioned. Did that get a mention in the book ?. Did we see any stills ?.

The only footage that came to light was the stuff on the box set. Which i'm sure was passed onto Ozzy to be giving the ok to use in the docu. The work involved cleaning it up was beyond Dakota's budget so the O's used it. As they knew it would help to sell the box set.
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

Post by RhoadsRockPhotographer »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Dave everything thats mentioned there is true the whole gig was filmed as witnessed by Randy and Dave Tangye. If it was mentioned in the book did we have Jodi saying anything about the gig ?. But the chances of it still being available and has it survived ?. It's the same old story everytime a piece of film is brought to light. We can go chasing our asses in the hope of something being found. In the time i've been here on this forum its a paper chase in a gale force wind. It was mentioned in the book because its a question that always gets asked. What happened to the footage that was found 'the ET and 2 on the town' in its entirety, which was mentioned. Did that get a mention in the book ?. Did we see any stills ?.

The only footage that came to light was the stuff on the box set. Which i'm sure was passed onto Ozzy to be giving the ok to use in the docu. The work involved cleaning it up was beyond Dakota's budget so the O's used it. As they knew it would help to sell the box set.
I'm referring to the "end product." Why would John Scher, himself, not have been more specific as to WHAT BECAME OF the footage, afterwards. Did HE give it to Don Arden? Did he NOT? Did it DISAPPEAR? Rather than the often mentioned "Well, there's a well known RUMOR that says Don Arden ended up with the footage and it mysteriously disappeared from HIS possession." Or there was some fire, or whatever.

I'm not disputing the fact that the Passaic shows WERE all filmed in B&W. The shows at the Portland Paramount Theater had a SIMILAR closed-circuit house camera feed at some shows. I'm asking why the VAGUENESS in the "multiple interviews" of the OWNER of the theater, as to WHAT BECAME OF said footage? Why is the record not set straight in THAT regard, for a DEFINITIVE answer?

The question isn't WAS IT filmed ... it's WHERE did it GO "officially" from John Scher's ownership of the end product? Why is THAT not further pinned-down to make it a matter of record?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

We've been led to believe that footage is out there, says who ?.. That's what i was saying about throwing up a paper trail. It gets people talking and thats the only reason it's been mentioned in the book. To give out a bit of hope in the chance that it will come to light. John Scher has had the answer put into his mouth for these questions. Where's the film ? What film...!! thats more like the answer he would of giving. As if he'd remember what happened to every film shot at the venue and its where abouts. I'll just check my records...yeah it was handed over to Don Arden after the gig. Dream on, we are being suckered into this one. Well not this sucker, i've read too many stories like this one. I may aswell wait for Wareagle to get me my front row ticket for the promised performance. HA!!! when will we ever learn..
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

Why would you doubt what a 16 year old said?

That's madness.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

RhoadsRockPhotographer wrote:Why would you doubt what a 16 year old said?

That's madness.
You are joking :lol: he was blowing more steam then a sauna full of faggots..
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:

That's madness.
He was probably sworn to secrecy and spirited away to a secret location without internet access - for his own safety.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

RhoadsRockPhotographer wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:

That's madness.
He was probably sworn to secrecy and spirited away to a secret location without internet access - for his own safety.

nice one cant stop laughing kills me every time i read your post its to damm funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

goes both ways 8)
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Stiltzkin wrote:goes both ways 8)
ha thats what she said :D
Astral Plane

Post by Astral Plane »

Found this pic at the Ozzyhead.com site, labeled 4/24/81 the date of the Passaic show.. could they possibly be screenshots?
Attachments
4-24-81.jpg
(14.41 KiB) Not downloaded yet
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Well it was filmed in black & white so the answer to that one is easy NO. They do look like cheap instamatic photos.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

does look like film stills
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

randy will never die wrote:does look like film stills
How can you tell the difference a photo and film stills?
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

Shit it looks like the palladium footage paused 4xs from the 30th ann.pause n take pic
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Ditto to what Tito said. I thought the same thing. BTW I would be thrilled with a black and white show but I am preaching to the choir...