Rumor: Capitol Theatre, Passaic, New Jersey..Pro Shot

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Re: Rumour: Capitol Theatre, Passaic, New Jersey..Pro Shot

Post by Silver Rhoads »

dannyahansen wrote:Um I am sure if it existed we would have seen it by now. I am with the others I call BS. It may have existed at one point but I don't believe it is there now.
If it does exist it doesn't mean we would have seen it already. Legalities stop films from being shown. It could be the Osbournes and the club owner did not see eye to eye financially. Just because it exists doesn't mean it will be released. From what I understand through Kelle Rhoads the family put a stop to the documentary and do not support the new Randy book. Anything is possible. Everyone assumes something is BS because there is no factual proof in front of them and that is understandable too. I disagree with the fact that if it does truly exist we would have seen it because then we all would have watched the Arizona brothers film by now. That exists and we still haven't seen it, well not everyone. Some were lucky enough.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Silver Rhoads wrote:Everyone assumes something is BS because there is no factual proof in front of them.
so? are we just to blindly believe cause one person says something?
Silver Rhoads wrote:I disagree with the fact that if it does truly exist we would have seen it because then we all would have watched the Arizona brothers film by now. That exists and we still haven't seen it.
Again, how do you know it exists? Did you see it? ...or did you just read something on the internet
that somebody else saw it?

If somebody suddenly said "I know someone that used to work at [insert venue name] where Ozzy once played,
and he told me the filmed all performances"
, I guess you'd firmly believe that too? :lol:
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

Semi offtopic; I've posted this somewhere else too, but can't Rudy/Tommy be forced to deny knowing of any live footage etc by contract? It would not surprise me with all the other legal stuff that happened.
Solos

Post by Solos »

I don't believe any Arizona footage exists either. People will say anything to get attention...
mikesline
Cool Member

Post by mikesline »

i'm wondering why it would be in b/w , i have house footage of aerosmith from 1979 and it's color
why b/w ???
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

mikesline wrote:i'm wondering why it would be in b/w , i have house footage of aerosmith from 1979 and it's color
why b/w ???
Appears to be just the equipment they had at the time. I saw some footage of The Pretenders playing at this venue, about 6 months before Ozzy played there, and it was done in B & W. The color shows from Passaic seem to start around 1982. eg. Warren Zevon, Dave Edmunds.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

mikesline wrote:i'm wondering why it would be in b/w , i have house footage of aerosmith from 1979 and it's color
why b/w ???
Not sure. Maybe because it was an older closed circuit setup? I'm no expert in this stuff, but that would be my guess. Could be they had the same setup for years and just never changed it over. There's a hundred different reasons it could be b/w, really. At the end of the day, I just want to see some Randy footage, if it still exists, just like everyone else. And given that every other act that came through this venue was recorded, it seems to me the chances of this show NOT being recorded are pretty slim.

The real questions are: who now has the footage, do they ever plan to release it, and if there was footage, does it even still exist?

I was sure that this rumor was debunked awhile ago. However, like everything else Randy-related, no one knows for sure, and no one can provide tangible proof.

In the meantime, we're left with 2 studio albums, a live tribute album, bootlegs, a bit of video, a couple of books, expensive limited edition guitars, wine, and a whole lot of dissension.
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

Stewie wrote:Semi offtopic; I've posted this somewhere else too, but can't Rudy/Tommy be forced to deny knowing of any live footage etc by contract? It would not surprise me with all the other legal stuff that happened.
It's possible. It might also have been just an unofficial hint from Sharon of "we don't have this in our hands, so if anyone asks just say you don't recall anything being filmed". If you don't want people asking endless questions about something it's best to not put in on the table in the first place.
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

Whatever happened to Wareagle? Wasn't he in the know from some video collector about a show like this?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Gus wrote:
Stewie wrote:Semi offtopic; I've posted this somewhere else too, but can't Rudy/Tommy be forced to deny knowing of any live footage etc by contract? It would not surprise me with all the other legal stuff that happened.
It's possible. It might also have been just an unofficial hint from Sharon of "we don't have this in our hands, so if anyone asks just say you don't recall anything being filmed". If you don't want people asking endless questions about something it's best to not put in on the table in the first place.
Has Tommy A always made it common kmowledge that he owns a big supply of Live audio recordings from Ozzy gigs. He has never denied having them and like video footage it goes under the same tag/licence.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

dmnjr wrote:Whatever happened to Wareagle? Wasn't he in the know from some video collector about a show like this?
That's right! I wonder what happened to him? We haven't heard from him in ages...nor from that other guy, Lintball, who, a few years back, released the Soundcheck footage. It would be great if Wareagle could chime in here about what he's heard since, if anything.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

dmnjr wrote:Whatever happened to Wareagle? Wasn't he in the know from some video collector about a show like this?
wasn't he the guy who supposedly was invited to a private cinematic screening of some sort? :lol:
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

yep, in a small movie theatre in NJ or something..
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

Post by RhoadsRockPhotographer »

Shockwave wrote:yep, in a small movie theatre in NJ or something..

Wareagle's description was completely different and a wild goose chase.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4385
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

RhoadsRockPhotographer wrote:
Shockwave wrote:yep, in a small movie theatre in NJ or something..

Wareagle's description was completely different and a wild goose chase.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4385
it must've been the after hours footage he was on about as they edited and cleaned up that plus ozz does have that interview segment, as for this confirmed footage................................................................................................................................................................... I DONT BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!