Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

Re: Rumour: Capitol Theatre, Passaic, New Jersey..Pro Shot

Post by RhoadsRockPhotographer »

Stiltzkin wrote:
randy will never die wrote:does look like film stills
How can you tell the difference a photo and film stills?

Those are clearly crap 110 or 126 Kodak Instamatic photos.

The negatives are about the size of a dime.

Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

Nope more like phone pics off a paused tv screen..pay attenion rrp
BowTie29
Cool Member

Post by BowTie29 »

Has anyone seen the video from :07 at this link before. Looks like it could be pro shot?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOVh0PCa ... ure=fvwrel
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

no sir bow tie its from the footage from the 30th anniversary boxset...new mexico footage..and thats the best your gonna get from that the rest is rudy and ozzy..you barely see randy in any of the footage
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

dont be hatein on the new mexcio footage and dont use the excuse that we cant see randy in most of the footage at least the osbournes were kind anought to hire people to find new footage
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

randy will never die wrote:dont be hatein on the new mexcio footage and dont use the excuse that we cant see randy in most of the footage at least the osbournes were kind anought to hire people to find new footage
Where did you get that info from...the footage was handed to them. The O's had to give permission for it to be used. So they used it in the box set.
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
randy will never die wrote:dont be hatein on the new mexcio footage and dont use the excuse that we cant see randy in most of the footage at least the osbournes were kind anought to hire people to find new footage
Where did you get that info from...the footage was handed to them. The O's had to give permission for it to be used. So they used it in the box set.
I think he was referring to the two mentioned in the box set as tape researchers/scouters or whatever they did.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

Silver Rhoads wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
I think he was referring to the two mentioned in the box set as tape researchers/scouters or whatever they did.

i was talkin about the researchers that put some time in to find some stuff

:?: were did you hear the footage was handed to the osbournes i never heard that :?:
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

It all happened during the making of the Dakota docu. The original owners wanted a fortune for the footage. So the O$bournes bought it and used it in the Ozzy anniversary box set. It needed spliced together and the audio needed to be added as it was a silent film. All this costs money but i'm sure the O's made it back.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Which show was the silent one?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

The Palladium, the super 8 film which had to be spliced together. I'm not sure if the Diary footage had sound ?.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Okay. It would of been cool if they had put some pics/video filler in and left the the live audio roll when the the reels ran out basically giving us entire songs. Like Led Zeppelin did with Royal Albert Hall, MSG, etc. Something for someone creative out there? Maybe even throw in snippets of the Palladium show itself for video filler...
GuitarJoe
Cool Member

Post by GuitarJoe »

I think "randy will never die" and "Guitar Idol" are talking about two different shows. GuitarIdol, you're right about the New York show, there was a local film student who manged to somehow get a camera into the front row(!) and take footage. From what I recall he was not paid, he simply wanted his name included in the set (it was). Yes, that is the actual sound from the camera. If you remember there was a bit of controversy when the boxset came out because the Osbourne's used the actual sound from the camera and not bootleg audio from the show which sounds better.

As far as silent film, you're probably thinking of the Arizona Bros footage. By all accounts there is no sound to that.

The New Mexico footage is live audio and sound from the camera, and this is the footage some people b*tch about as it was shot from Rudy's side of the stage & nor Randy's. I think we can all agree we'd prefer if it was shot from Randy's side, but there's no getting around the fact that footage is AWESOME!!! Come on guys, after years and years of watching After Hours and grainy bootleg & Quiet Riot videos, we now have quality footage from a live Diary show FROM THE STAGE!!! How anyone could b*tch about that is beyond me. It's like winning $10,000,000 in the lotto and complaining it's not $20,000,000.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

GuitarJoe wrote:I think "randy will never die" and "Guitar Idol" are talking about two different shows. GuitarIdol, you're right about the New York show, there was a local film student who manged to somehow get a camera into the front row(!) and take footage. From what I recall he was not paid, he simply wanted his name included in the set (it was). Yes, that is the actual sound from the camera. If you remember there was a bit of controversy when the boxset came out because the Osbourne's used the actual sound from the camera and not bootleg audio from the show which sounds better.

As far as silent film, you're probably thinking of the Arizona Bros footage. By all accounts there is no sound to that.

The New Mexico footage is live audio and sound from the camera, and this is the footage some people b*tch about as it was shot from Rudy's side of the stage & nor Randy's. I think we can all agree we'd prefer if it was shot from Randy's side, but there's no getting around the fact that footage is AWESOME!!! Come on guys, after years and years of watching After Hours and grainy bootleg & Quiet Riot videos, we now have quality footage from a live Diary show FROM THE STAGE!!! How anyone could b*tch about that is beyond me. It's like winning $10,000,000 in the lotto and complaining it's not $20,000,000.
I'm talking about the footage that came out with the 30th anniversary box set. If you remember the clip of $haron O that stirred up the excitement saying she had Live footage that needed cleaned up and i'm sure she said it was needing the audio synch to the film. I may need to see the clip again. I know the Pheonix bros film is silent, but we can only hope to see that in the future. The Diary footage is cool but i honestly think the ET footage was better. The camera man wanted a good kick in the bollocks did he not know any of the songs or was he just fuckin with the camera. I wouldn't say it was quality, its average at best. Oh! shit is that me complaining i better shut up. Or i'll be wearing boots up me ass. If i could pick a show to see from the past. It would be Newcastle city hall or Newcastle mayfair 1980. Or any gig from the 1980 tour as it is rarer then rocking horse shit. I can only dream!!!!!..
GuitarJoe
Cool Member

Post by GuitarJoe »

I wish the ET footage would finally get released in its entirety. That would be great...one day. Yes, both the NY footage & the New Mexico footage came with the box set.