Free Chapter of Kelly Garni's upcoming book posted

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

LRI

Free Chapter of Kelly Garni's upcoming book posted

Post by LRI »

In case any of you missed it we posted Chapter 13 of Kelly's upcoming book, you can read the complete chapter right here... :lol:
http://www.legendaryrockinterviews.com/ ... uiet-riot/
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: Free Chapter of Kelly Garni's upcoming book posted

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Interesting read, as I expected it to be. Thanks for posting the link.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

cool beans :) :wink:
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Very good read. I want more! And to Ace, you know I was just giving you a hard time about Kiss...
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Looks very promising indeed!!! Thumbs up for Kelly on this one!!! :lol:
Mikel
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

hey stealaway can you do me a favor steal away the night lmfao hear :lol: :wink:
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Thanks for posting that! Interesting stuff.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

No one is discussing what was written in that chapter? I though it was well written and now I finally understand why the QR records were released in Japan!
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

I thought it was interesting. I didn't realise jodi dated Keven.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah that was a cool read, but i don't like how Kevin keeps getting hit on. I know the guy didn't like him back then, but is it an excuse to bring all the skeletons out of the closet ?. The score with the 'knocked up' girl and the influence to the song 'Trouble'. Yes! its good to read juicey gossip but i feel its not being done in a nice way. Plus Kevin ended up being his mate in later life ?. I'd have to read all the book to give me an overall view of how he kisses and makes up with Kev. It'll be interesting to see his rendition of the Randy fight. I know its been mentioned in magazines over the years but it'll still find its place in the book, warts n' all.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I thought his portrayal of Kevin was fine. To me, he's telling us how things were at the time, and at the time he hated Kevin. The only thing I didn't care for was the story of the 'naked chick' and what they did to demean her. Again, he was telling us how things were, but some things don't need to be discussed.

The fact that he explained the the Randy/Jackie Fox relationship had a bad ending but he didn't want to give details out of respect to her was a classy move I think.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Paul Wolfe wrote:The fact that he explained the the Randy/Jackie Fox relationship had a bad ending but he didn't want to give details out of respect to her was a classy move I think.
Well i felt he was getting close to the knuckle to say that Kevin had fathered himself a bastard and that person is now an adult. Do they know who the father is ?. She sounds like a lovely woman, black mailing someone or she'll have the kid etc..some things are sensitive but how many people write autobiographies and spill the beans big time. I suppose KG is doing that to keep the reader entertained. But the people he's mentioning are now dead. If he is going to respect Randy and his ex girlfriends AND Kevin, the book would become a very short one.
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

I have a feeling that Mr. Garni will articulate his perspective beautifully but I fear that in his haste to compete with other books on the market, he may have overlooked what Randy and Kevin may have wanted to keep private. I bet Jodi is thrilled to be called sloppy seconds, I very well could be alone in this observation but I can see why some people say the things they do about him- either he doesn't understamd the weight of his words or he just don't give a shit but enquiring minds want to know. . . .
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

RRFan4Ever wrote:I bet Jodi is thrilled to be called sloppy seconds, I very well could be alone in this observation but I can see why some people say the things they do about him- either he doesn't understamd the weight of his words or he just don't give a shit but enquiring minds want to know. . . .
Yeah that was another quote i forgot to mention and one that he could of worded with a bit more charm. But we don't know if he is doing this in the interest to upset some people. I know if he was digging up the dirt for the hell of it, would it make the book a boring read. Or it may be done out of pure callousness to hit home with the people who he still has an axe to grind with ?.
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

I was thinking that it may be difficult to understand the context of what the book is about given that its an excerpt but 'sloppy seconds'- its difficult to misconstrue the intent of that! IMO that's quite revealing about his mindset in how he wants to portray others that were also close to Randy- but why? It does seem a rather large axe indeed!?
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon