Writing the material for Blizzard and Doam

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

mojopin70
Mass Poster

Writing the material for Blizzard and Doam

Post by mojopin70 »

Last edited by mojopin70 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Writing the material for Blizzard and Doam

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hi mojo, I remember showing you a few items of interest to help you find the places Randy stayed at during recording. Did you get any closer with the info about the 'house by the river' ?. I know it's a long shot but it is a bit of a clue.
This is the postcard here if you have not seen it..
Frank's postcard post marked Monmouth Gwent in Wales England December 1979.

mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Last edited by mojopin70 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I was sure i'd posted this up the last time you mentioned Clearwell castle and Monmouth. I noticed your message on BD facebook page. This book of his is taking forever to complete, i'm sure it'll be worth the wait and a great read. Don't thank me for the postcard, thank Frank. Have you seen the postcard that Randy sent to Kevin DuBrow ?. Thats up here on one of the threads. Randy mentions his Marshall cabs hes' ordered and the auditioning for drummers. It's another little time capsule from Randy's time with Ozzy. I have not got any more info about Randy from his time at Monmouth. Have you been inside the castle ?. As i'm sure this photo was taking there. It was taking from the same shoot as the UK Blizzard album, back cover photo.
Attachments
Ozzy Blizzard RRsigned promo pic.jpg
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

mojopin70 wrote:Hey , shit ive never seen this! , but i can say straight away Randy is talking about the River Wye which runs through the border of England/Wales and through Monmouth, there are villages all along that river i know most of them, my guess would Redbrook because its close to Clearwell Castle and Monmouth- Robert Plant lived just above Redbrook for years also in the 1980s . Do you have anymore stuff like this ? I dont think Bob is going to give the exact location until his book comes out.That is awesome ( the postcard) and really exciting.

Bob gave you the location in his latest reply. There was a house right by the water where bands used to stay and rehearse, don't know if they still do. It was part of Rockfield but it was down the road from the studio.
Sky
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley