Randy Rhoads Documentary

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Randy Rhoads Documentary

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

we are all aware of the documentary in the making of Randy Rhoads done by Peter Margolis. what are your thoughts on it? do you think we'll ever see it?
I went ahead and rode the white horse
Tito
Mass Poster

Re: Randy Rhoads Documentary

Post by Tito »

get the upcoming book would be my best guess!!!
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Tito wrote:get the upcoming book would be my best guess!!!
where can i find the upcoming book for sale?
Glam Keef

Post by Glam Keef »

It was on Amazon on preorder but they have just emailed me to say they can't 'obtain' it. Looks like it's going teh same way as the movie - nowhere!
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

Wtf, it's getting comical at this point.
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:
Tito wrote:get the upcoming book would be my best guess!!!
where can i find the upcoming book for sale?
Direct from the source: http://velocitybooks.org/
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

why is it that everything rr is always lost? that movie would've been great! it'll happen one day. maybe it's just wishful thinking.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

dmnjr wrote:Wtf, it's getting comical at this point.
Agreed, its funny yet still disappointing
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

no effence to anyone but untill someone has the balls to talk to peter personally about the move and tell him how inportant it is to all of us we wont see it for problly 20+ years i could be rong on this but it is the sad truth i am verry sorry i am only 16 and my long life dream is to see the last remaning footage of randy pro shoot

my other long life dream is to be like randy not onlly a rock/classical musican but to be a good person in life i would give it ALL away just to see randy pro shoot not talkin about the after hours footage \

THANK YOU :( :( :| :( :(
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

At least the book is being released... Maybe this is the first step in finally getting the documentary released too?
My brain hurts with all the he said & she said finger pointing over the last few years.... I am not even too sure if there was a reason given for the documentary not coming out? Money issues? Family issues? Double crossing? I don't know... All I know is that I'd love to be able to watch it & even if it is along the lines of the YouTube promo for the new book I would be happy.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

With all the bridges Margolis burnt along the way to trying to make the movie and the sour taste he left in a lot of peoples mouths a lot of the footage he collected, interviews and so forth, now can't be used. If you want to make a movie/doco about RR it helps if you are not an arse............
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

Glam Keef wrote:It was on Amazon on preorder but they have just emailed me to say they can't 'obtain' it. Looks like it's going teh same way as the movie - nowhere!
Is it possible that Velocity could refuse to ship to Amazon- if one wanted to purchase this book their only option is to pay $99+a ridiculous fee for shipping? I can almost see that that happening with how things have been done in the past with all things RR. And it's sad!
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
quinnsryche

Post by quinnsryche »

I contacted Velocity yesterday and they said this is a pre-order. They told me the books will be in hand for shipping late July/early August. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if it happens or not.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

rokket wrote:If you want to make a movie/doco about RR it helps if you are not an arse............
it's either that or kiss some ass :lol:
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

randy will never die wrote:...long life dream is to be like randy not onlly a rock/classical musican but to be a good person in life i would give it ALL away just to see randy pro shoot...

So let me get this straight: you are 16, you desire to be a talented guitar player and good, respectable, admired person, but you'd give up being a good person and talented guitar player just to see quality film of Randy Rhoads?

That is simply asinine. I can't even find the words to say how crazy that sounds.