Randy Rhoads vs Mark Tremonti on Guitar world Poll Go vote!

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Randy Rhoads vs Mark Tremonti on Guitar world Poll Go vote!

Post by Geo Sav »

Poll: The Greatest Guitarist of All Time, Round 2 — Randy Rhoads Vs. Mark Tremonti! Randy is winning but it's closer then I thought it would be. You guys might wanna get over to Guitar world web page and vote.
BowTie29
Cool Member

Re: Randy Rhoads vs Mark Tremonti on Guitar world Poll Go vo

Post by BowTie29 »

I was thinking of putting this up but you beat me to it. For some reason when I visit the poll it has been replaced with a write up for why Randy should win. I have the tablet version for iPad so idk if it's like that for everyone or not, but at least he's getting some help cause it's way closer than I thought it would be
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Yeh I was shocked! I thought it would be a blow out but at least Randy is winning. I hope you guys vote for him,
SLAGER
Cool Member

Post by SLAGER »

Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

I'm glad you did that. I should have. Thanks
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Guitar playing is not a competition. I hate things like this, it's all about popularity and just as juvenile as high school.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

you might want to NOT vote in this poll.It is yet another idiotic exercise designed to get as many page hits as possible so they can up their ad revenues.This poll and magazine would look really stupid if Mark whosthat won over randy,no?Please dont vote they are just trying to antagonize for monetary reasons.There is no shame with these people.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
quinnsryche

Post by quinnsryche »

Who the hell is Mark Tremonti? Never heard of him. Randy should win 100% to 0%. The only other players I could see beating him would be Eddie, Jimi, Page, Clapton or SRV. There isn't a single other player that should even be close. I personally think RR is better than Jimi, Page and Clapton and equal to EVH & SRV but the BEST heavy metal guitarist ever!
GuitarJoe
Cool Member

Post by GuitarJoe »

Tremonti is a pretty bad ass player, in fact he just released his first solo CD. I'm sure he (like most newer guitar players) would be mortified at the thought of having to "compete" with an idol. But of course (like everyone else in the poll) had no choice as to if they'd be included or not. Paul hit the nail on the head upthread, music is an art, not a sport.
BowTie29
Cool Member

Post by BowTie29 »

That was the reason I hesitated to make a post was because i don't agree that there is one best guitarist nor do I agree that music is a competition although I did vote simply to try to make Randy more known to younger people that may be following the poll
GuitarJoe
Cool Member

Post by GuitarJoe »

BowTie29 wrote:That was the reason I hesitated to make a post was because i don't agree that there is one best guitarist nor do I agree that music is a competition although I did vote simply to try to make Randy more known to younger people that may be following the poll
I hear ya, and that's not a bad thing to do. BTW Monday's matchup saw Randy Rhoads (60.44%) defeat Mark Tremonti (39.56%). Honestly, I'm pretty impressed Mark got 4 out of 10 - I figured randy would blow him away.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

quinnsryche wrote:Who the hell is Mark Tremonti? Never heard of him.
You can't have bought a guitar magazine in the last 20 years and not seen his name.

Watch this to get a feel for what Tremonti can do.

As for this 'contest' MANY younger players don't know much about Randy. Guitar magazines tout his playing with Ozzy, but so many current players can play that stuff, so it's not seen as impressive anymore. The fact that Randy did it in the very early '80's is lost on them. Just like those who don't understand EVH or Hendrix, it's all in the context of when they did what they did.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Marks a good player. Better than most the other guys coming out in that period of music but nowhere near the talents Randy posessed.
quinnsryche

Post by quinnsryche »

Looked him up and watched him. Yawn..... typical boring, uninspired playing as with most of today's players.