Diary tour poster

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

hansolo
Mass Poster

Diary tour poster

Post by hansolo »

Fake or not? The dimensions are 23.5 X 34.25. Advertised as original/real but we have all seen fake Randy signatures... I have seen red versions of this but the 8 1/2 by 11 or slightly bigger. I also own a jet record (info on the back) postcard with this on the back in red, I believe.
Attachments
1ozzymsg.JPG
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Diary tour poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Joe it looks too clean to be original. Posters like these from 1982 would have pin holes tack marks staining creases and edge wear. It is more then likely a modern day repro.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

It arrived today and at the bottom in small print (you can't see it on the other photo) it says, "released by Jet records 1982". I would of posted a pic but a friend has borrowed my camera. The poster in person doesn't look as good as the pic. At the top and bottom there are lots of creases that the black hides.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

Still cool though!
Live Life Stronger Than Death
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

hansolo wrote:It arrived today and at the bottom in small print (you can't see it on the other photo) it says, "released by Jet records 1982". I would of posted a pic but a friend has borrowed my camera. The poster in person doesn't look as good as the pic. At the top and bottom there are lots of creases that the black hides.
So it could be an original, did you get this from ebay. Did you get it for a good price ?. I had a look on ebay but i never seen it listed. The auction must have been finished. I did see the other posters purple and red.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

$100. I'm trying to get some $$ taken off because there was some writing on the back in marker and dings you couldn't see in the pic. The dealer says poster is in the art of rock and in the price guides for over 400.00.