Sharon

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Stiltzkin

Re: Sharon

Post by Stiltzkin »

Sky wrote:Despite what Sharon may have led people to believe, it was Don Arden who invested time and money into Ozzy and it was Don who continued to keep Ozzy on a retainer after he was fired from Black Sabbath. Sharon did what her father instructed her to do.
Nah, most testionials indicate that it was because of Sharon Ozzy was regaining trust by Don.
I'll go with that instead of a know-it-al ;)
Sky wrote:Most musicians rejected her advances, Tony Iommi and Ronnie Dio among them.
...but not the guy who this forum is dedicated too :P
mauk 1

Post by mauk 1 »

hansolo wrote:Slager! NICE! I think we all got the point, I hope. I also heard that Adolf had a dog that loved him and you forgot - he made the trains run on time. But life ain't all about being efficient and their (the Nazi's) downfall was fear. That being said he might be the biggest douche mass murderer or mastermind of mass murder of all time. All because he contracted syphilis from a Jewish prostitute. His vision was blonde hair and blue eyes yet he had dark hair and brown eyes.
Not to mention he was Austiran,And Not German too..
ImageImage
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Personally I have no doubt that without Sharon, Ozzy would not have done anything - period. He would have probably died or spent the last 30 years trying to tie his shoelace. If she abandoned him at any point during his career I'm sure it would stall. That's a lot of good music I'm glad to have. Not to mention Ozzfest.

When you get down to the business decisions she's made they're probably not more shitty than most of the things that happen in this industry. Power and money does crazy things to almost everyone. It's hard to single her out on her motivations, her actions on the other hand are a different matter.

It's easy to simply call her a bitch, I've always looked at the other side of things. A young, overweight women, trying to survive in a sexist industry, cut off by her family both financially and personally, managing rock stars (cos they're easy people to handle) and eventually raising a family as well.

Of course that doesn't justify all her actions. I just honestly don't think a lot of stuff would have got done if she hadn't been such a bitch at times.

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

^ interesting perspective on why she's caught smack dab between a bitch and the c-bomb. Never thought of it that way- IMO sadly, it doesn't matter. To each their own must include her also- which is why I NEVER watched "The Osbournes" -- couldn't have paid me to! lol
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Stiltzkin wrote:
Sky wrote:Despite what Sharon may have led people to believe, it was Don Arden who invested time and money into Ozzy and it was Don who continued to keep Ozzy on a retainer after he was fired from Black Sabbath. Sharon did what her father instructed her to do.
Nah, most testionials indicate that it was because of Sharon Ozzy was regaining trust by Don.
I'll go with that instead of a know-it-al ;)
Sky wrote:Most musicians rejected her advances, Tony Iommi and Ronnie Dio among them.
...but not the guy who this forum is dedicated too :P
I certainly don't claim to know all as you suggest. I came to this site to read what I could about Randy before he came to England, but when it comes to what really went on in the Blizzard days, I know a lot more than you. :wink:
Don Arden didn't need any convincing from Sharon to keep Ozzy on the payroll. When Black Sabbath fired Ozzy they also fired Don/Jet and signed to Warner. That didn't go down too well with Don's ego, he was determined to make a success of Ozzy. Firstly, as a poke in the eye to Black Sabbath and secondly, because he wanted to see a return on the money he'd already invested. Don told Sharon to sort Ozzy out and she did her job... and then some, as usual.
It wasn't until years later that Sharon took over management of Ozzy. Until that happened, Don called all the shots.
As for Randy not rejecting Sharon's advances, I'm surprised that anyone would regurgitate that sordid trivia on a site that's dedicated to him. I doubt very much that it was Randy's proudest moment, I'd sooner focus on his guitar playing than think about what he must've gone through with Sharon... mentally and physically.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
mikesline
Cool Member

Post by mikesline »

i know mrs.rhoads personally love and has great respect to sharon and ozzy,today that's what matters ,sure she has a part in bringing randy to us. lot of people could take credit, i know his mom convinced him to widen his horizens and told randy to go to audition,i credit her for everything ,before sharon-obviously. i like sharon ,she was so cool to me when i met her.Image
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

agree with you randys mom tould him to get out there
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

randy will never die wrote:agree with you randys mom tould him to get out there
and if he did, what would we do today?
distortionplus
Cool Member

Post by distortionplus »

No one ever seems to bring up that probably Sharon wrestled to control the band and make Ozzy more like a solo artist because that way he could not get fired again. Any bad blood and other people get let go. Ozzy could only probably function in a band where he couldn't get fired but everyone else could. If there was equal footing amongst members in any band Ozzy was with he would be toast sooner or later. Sharon more than likely figured this out early on. Pretty smart on her part!
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

distortionplus wrote:No one ever seems to bring up that probably Sharon wrestled to control the band and make Ozzy more like a solo artist because that way he could not get fired again.
That's actually a damn good point.

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
SLAGER
Cool Member

Post by SLAGER »

bottom line: Sharon is all hardball business but unable to see the forest through the trees. She was not up to managing the legend of Randy and at this point bungled it so badly it tarnished his memory and minimized the public acclaim he was due.