Did the Osbournes held back the live footage?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Stewie
Mass Poster

Did the Osbournes held back the live footage?

Post by Stewie »

baconstealer1 wrote:Well one thing I noticed is that in the diary of a madman tour program there was stills from the Albuquerque NM show. Thought I'd just put that out there...

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSyMXtz5 ... ature=plcp
It comes in at about 3:55
(Thought this should have a seperate topic)

This could be a screenshot with the concorde (believer?) or V ( like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGud5t9hcw0 from 3:50 onwards, when ozzy only wears pants) from the live footage. It is from the same angle and what seems to be the same show(?). I did not find a part in the live footage of Rudy playing the bass upside down. It might as well be a photographer next to the camera man or a completely different show.

Whats the story behind the footage, that only intro, crowley and over the mountain were recorded?
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Re: Did the Osbournes held back the live footage?

Post by RRFan4Ever »

I highly doubt that they went through all the trouble to record live footage only gather that much- obviously there's more, but I doubt they'll release it cos Ozzy had some good days- and some pretty horrible days also.
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

i had thought that they may have used a breif snapshot of footage on one or two photos in the crazytrain video in the fast bits, theyll more then likley release anything worthy after ozz exspires, his vox are considerded shit by alot on some recordings, i personally love hearing people struggle to sing, like george harrisons 1974 tour but non of that has been fully released yet.
baconstealer1

Post by baconstealer1 »

I posted that video of the tour guide and the I'm one who brought this up in the footage thread just FYI but if they used a still in this program do you think they'd use any other stills in like the blizzard program? I have a blizzard program and I was just wondering.
Randy died because God wanted Guitar lessons
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

pretty sure they did they were pritty chep back then
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

baconstealer1 wrote:I posted that video of the tour guide and the I'm one who brought this up in the footage thread just FYI
Thats why I quoted you in the first post (I'm not trying to steal away your idea) :)
baconstealer1

Post by baconstealer1 »

Stewie wrote:
baconstealer1 wrote:I posted that video of the tour guide and the I'm one who brought this up in the footage thread just FYI
Thats why I quoted you in the first post (I'm not trying to steal away your idea) :)
haha lol nah man it's cool :) but do you think they would use other stills in the other programs? I mean, I have a blizzard tour program from the Bethlehem PA show (or possibly Phili) and I couldn't help but wonder you know what I mean?
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

baconstealer1 wrote: haha lol nah man it's cool :) but do you think they would use other stills in the other programs? I mean, I have a blizzard tour program from the Bethlehem PA show (or possibly Phili) and I couldn't help but wonder you know what I mean?
I dont think there is a way to clearly define if a certain old picture is a still from a video or a real photograph...
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

i know write its allmost inpoasable to tell the diffrence you have to look at the picture verry closley and if you have nothin to compare it to you shit out of luck sorry for the bad potty mought
baconstealer1

Post by baconstealer1 »

Stewie wrote:
baconstealer1 wrote: haha lol nah man it's cool :) but do you think they would use other stills in the other programs? I mean, I have a blizzard tour program from the Bethlehem PA show (or possibly Phili) and I couldn't help but wonder you know what I mean?
I dont think there is a way to clearly define if a certain old picture is a still from a video or a real photograph...
I agree with you there but do think they would use a still? I mean think about it, it's definitely possible.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

baconstealer1 wrote:
Stewie wrote:
I agree with you there but do think they would use a still? I mean think about it, it's definitely possible.
No!! they wouldn't go to that effort. When they have put the photographers credits / names in the program. By the time the Diary tour (late 81/82) book was made they would of had photographers queing up to provide the programme shots. I could understand if they didn't want to pay the photographers and it was at the beginning of the 1980 tour. But the 1980 UK tour prog has shots from famous photo journalist Fin Costello or is it Rob Ellis or Ross Halfin. One of them, then they went on to use guys like Paul Naitkin, Neil Zlozower, Mark Weis etc. All famous guys in the Rock journalist crew.
baconstealer1

Post by baconstealer1 »

No!! they wouldn't go to that effort. When they have put the photographers credits / names in the program. By the time the Diary tour (late 81/82) book was made they would of had photographers queing up to provide the programme shots. I could understand if they didn't want to pay the photographers and it was at the beginning of the 1980 tour. But the 1980 UK tour prog has shots from famous photo journalist Fin Costello or is it Rob Ellis or Ross Halfin. One of them, then they went on to use guys like Paul Naitkin, Neil Zlozower, Mark Weis etc. All famous guys in the Rock journalist crew.[/quote]
You might be right but that Still in the Diary program just has me thinking haha :) You never know though, what if they used a still that was a great picture of Ozzy that they just HAD to include in the program?
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Would of...
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

Stiltzkin wrote:Would of...
Would of.. what? (I'm not sure what you mean by this)
electricmombie

Post by electricmombie »

Maybe he meant "Would have..."

Ozzy was still under Don Arden's thumb when Randy was alive, and maybe there wasn't enough thought (and/or money) to be able to record more live video footage of the band in action. I somehow feel that there wasn't that much footage to draw from. It was what it was. Yet, it was only about three months later when they filmed the L.A. show with Brad Gillis for 'MTV'.. So close, you know? At least we have what does exist though. Particularly 'After Hours'. Until I happened upon this website, I had no idea how many really happening Ozzy/Randy audio bootlegs there are.. Thanks again for having those for us to enjoy :) . Peace.