These may be new to you ...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

These may be new to you ...

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I was browsing through some search engine for RR photos and found these.
Attachments
RR In-store signing 1981.jpg
RR Bonehead Japan mag.jpg
Randy early pic 2.jpg
Early RR pic.jpg
Jazznroll
Madman

Re: These may be new to you ...

Post by Jazznroll »

very fking interesting never seen most of em before,one with all the blizzards in the back looks interesting, cheers for sharing
SanDimasCharvel
Cool Member

Post by SanDimasCharvel »

Great pics! Really like the 1st and 3rd shots.
Thanks!
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Thanks for putting those up.
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuidANkr ... re=related

The last 2 photos may have come from the above video (I think may have come from K Garni's personal effects and tape) I've seen the others as I occasionally search for Randy photos, too:) I have one of him smiling on a boat that may be "new" that I happened to find on accident. . .

and go figure, I can't find it now! He's sitting with his legs and feet up, cigarette in hand which is near his face- which is tilted upwards- his eyes are closed and he seems to be laughing his ass off! It was an unexpected find as it was a random blog and someone had uploaded it on 12.06 several years ago. If I can't find it on my hard drive, I certainly hope to find that blog again! Definitely a candid shot and it's quite expressive of Randy's humor, which we've heard a lot about.
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I wonder if the .tk crowd went nuts over that video you posted?

It's from a DVD Kelly Garni made for those of us who contributed money to him when he was in need. Soon after I was in need and put my DVD up on eBay - the firestorm after that was amazing, and I was banned so I couldn't defend myself... now it's on YouTube?

Times they do change us, don't they? There was a time that was such a big deal, now it simply isn't... and for the record, I am not bitter about this, a friend helped me out when I needed it, I was just relating the story that came to mind when I saw that video.
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

Here's another video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj0suyF23wY

I didn't know about that DVD/donate cos times are hard thing, and I don't judge anyone- but did I mention that I'm in need myself?? ;) jk! It's a wonderful gesture and a testament to the loyalty that RR fans have toward his memory and anything related to him.

There were a few comments made in several old threads that I read about Kelly Garni and selling memorabilia that now make better sense though- so thanks for that info.
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

hey Paul- not that it matters or anything but how long is that DVD? Did it come with these 2 videos or did someone make them? Not that it matters or anything, just a couple quick questions I hadn't thought to ask before hitting submit lol
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah its sad to think after everything that was done to stop Garni selling his RR memorabilia. What did he then go and do... Well he must of 'been in need' as he sold it to some Japanese fan for a tidy sum. Sad really, but we've all been on the bones of our arse at some time in life.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

RRFan4Ever wrote:He's sitting with his legs and feet up, cigarette in hand which is near his face- which is tilted upwards- his eyes are closed and he seems to be laughing his ass off! .
That photo was in Rudy Sarzo's book. I've posted up most of the colour photos from the book on a thread on here some where ?.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Seen these before, but it´s good to see them again! It´d be great to see all the pictures from that in-store signing session from 1981...
Mikel
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

RRFan4Ever wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuidANkr ... re=related

The last 2 photos may have come from the above video (I think may have come from K Garni's personal effects and tape) I've seen the others as I occasionally search for Randy photos, too:) I have one of him smiling on a boat that may be "new" that I happened to find on accident. . .

and go figure, I can't find it now! He's sitting with his legs and feet up, cigarette in hand which is near his face- which is tilted upwards- his eyes are closed and he seems to be laughing his ass off! It was an unexpected find as it was a random blog and someone had uploaded it on 12.06 several years ago. If I can't find it on my hard drive, I certainly hope to find that blog again! Definitely a candid shot and it's quite expressive of Randy's humor, which we've heard a lot about.

BAHHAHA this is my youtube channel, its me who put this video and yes, its from Kelly Garni DVD.

THe DVD was a collection of photo and journal stuff, old drawing etc etc and, the most interesting, the audio parts
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

These are a couple of pics i've never seen before..Look how dark Randy's hair is here..
Attachments
Randy & Kevin QR.jpg
Randy & niece Alisa.jpg
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Paul Wolfe wrote:I wonder if the .tk crowd went nuts over that video you posted?

It's from a DVD Kelly Garni made for those of us who contributed money to him when he was in need. Soon after I was in need and put my DVD up on eBay - the firestorm after that was amazing, and I was banned so I couldn't defend myself... now it's on YouTube?

Times they do change us, don't they? There was a time that was such a big deal, now it simply isn't... and for the record, I am not bitter about this, a friend helped me out when I needed it, I was just relating the story that came to mind when I saw that video.
Paul i noticed this on ebay it made a good price did you do ok with yours ?.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1027649686
Attachments
$(KGrHqJ,!h4E+rK!jW38BQF+E)zCTQ~~60_3.jpg
$T2eC16d,!yME9s5qIGEoBQF+FwYhtQ~~60_3.jpg
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Anybody got a copy to watch or sell?