These may be new to you ...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: These may be new to you ...

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hi Nic, I think you should go on a mega search for some new pics you always deliver the goods... Good luck ;-)
Elvira
Cool Member

Post by Elvira »

I have read on Bob´s book that Randy´s favourite cologne was Ted Lapidus and im so courius, any of you have an idea what kind of perfume is it? Its a refreshing cologne or deep perfume or sweet, oriental...heavy or warn? I know is too difficult to describe a perfume hehehe.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

New photo from the 1980 Blizzard tour Middlesbrough 29th October
Attachments
Ozzy Blizzard Middlesbrough town hall 1980.jpg
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Wow!!! That´s very neat!!! Where did that come from and are there more from this gig? :D
Mikel
RRfan4eveRR

Post by RRfan4eveRR »

Elvira wrote:I have read on Bob´s book that Randy´s favourite cologne was Ted Lapidus and im so courius, any of you have an idea what kind of perfume is it? Its a refreshing cologne or deep perfume or sweet, oriental...heavy or warn? I know is too difficult to describe a perfume hehehe.

I seem to recall a thread at .tk, a q&a with Kathy and she was asked what cologne Randy preferred to wear and she had said that was Aramis. It's definitely a deep, earthy fragrance. I hadn't heard of the cologne you had mentioned, then again I just happened to remember the q&a and I know the fragrance quite well...
I don't have a short attention span I
Elvira
Cool Member

Post by Elvira »

RRfan4eveRR wrote:
Elvira wrote:I have read on Bob´s book that Randy´s favourite cologne was Ted Lapidus and im so courius, any of you have an idea what kind of perfume is it? Its a refreshing cologne or deep perfume or sweet, oriental...heavy or warn? I know is too difficult to describe a perfume hehehe.

I seem to recall a thread at .tk, a q&a with Kathy and she was asked what cologne Randy preferred to wear and she had said that was Aramis. It's definitely a deep, earthy fragrance. I hadn't heard of the cologne you had mentioned, then again I just happened to remember the q&a and I know the fragrance quite well...
Oh thank you for the info...i dont know where i read that Randy smells like cookies?Its that posible?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Anyone know what gig this pic is from ??..
Attachments
Ozzy Rudy Tommy RR.jpg
RRfan4eveRR

Post by RRfan4eveRR »

Ozzy reminds me of what a Chuckie full would look like middle aged and drunk in that shot! LOL!
I don't have a short attention span I
Elvira
Cool Member

Post by Elvira »

Hi, this is a versión of "The Twenty Third Psaml", the song that was sang at Randy´s memorial service. I know is sad but i think its also a very beautiful song :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-qLa_2GPcM
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

OK i just found this pic from 1980 and its rare to see photos of Randy tapping on. This is not from his spotlight solo, can anyone recognise what he is playing ???.
Attachments
Randy tapping on...jpg
Mr. Wolfe
Cool Member

Post by Mr. Wolfe »

Ice Cream Man? :mrgreen:
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:OK i just found this pic from 1980 and its rare to see photos of Randy tapping on. This is not from his spotlight solo, can anyone recognise what he is playing ???.
Since he didn't tap all that much and since this is before DOAM this has to be Crazy Train. OF course I could be wrong on that. The finger placement seems right.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

I think its crazy train too.the beginning of the solo after ozzy says "you gotta listen to my words". awesome pic thanks idol!!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Cool that you guys recognise the spread on his picking, tapping. He may of been a little guy but his hands look huge, well spread out over that fret board. Do you think he stopped the hammering on to stop being labelled as an EVH clone ?.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

That looks like the start of Crazy Train solo. CHeck your messages Shaun....
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.