Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I've never seen this shot before .
Attachments
Ozzy Diary promo Whiskey advert.jpg
Jazznroll
Madman

Re: Ozzy Diary promo facia Whiskey Sunset boulevard

Post by Jazznroll »

nice one, cheers for posting,never seen it either, i bet it cost em a few quid for a spot that big.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

Please note the fliers plastered on the lamp pole in the foreground!That was the Strip in the 80s.This pic must have been taken on a monday night because that pole would have been covered before the weekend.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
RhoadsToOzz

Post by RhoadsToOzz »

I could be wrong, but, are you sure that's The Whisky?... Where is the The Whisky Marquee sign? The Whisky cross street is Clark St., and that goes up at a steep arch with only one lane. The photo might have been taken from the Shell gas station across the street looking at the diagonal corner from The club ...
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I thought I found this here, oh well my mind is going. It's still cool to share.
Attachments
1diaryday.jpg
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I'm not sure. It looks like the hill goes up...
Attachments
whisky_a_go_go.jpg
Whisky.JPG
1atribute.jpg
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I noticed the street doesn't look as steep as the other pics. But the lamp posts for the traffic lights are in the same place and it is on sunset blvd. Or could this be a trick of the mind and a camera angle.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I'm not from that coast ("East coast is the hard way...") but California is on fault lines. It could have changed. There looks like there is a logo (I can't make it out) in front of DOAM night photo. Also the DOAM day roof shot has an unlevel roof. Check out the roof. Then look at the Whiskey's. Could there of been more than one?
I just wanted to chime in on the bat in the window they added to the artwork. Like my blacklight poster, they had to stick it in.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I just noticed Ozzy's son or anyone isn't in the chair. I had heard that on the back cover, the "Slumped over" figure was Thelma in one of the Ozzy costumes she had made for Ozzy. She was responsible for Ozzy's costumes. I believe the chainmail was a way of getting away from Thelma/Thelma's costumes when they split. The worst ones were yet to come.
mikesline
Cool Member

Post by mikesline »

yeah i remember seeing it on strip,and the blizzard one near the mourmont,ozzy was huge in LA kmet-fm radio station was such a supporter they even made a montage-picture disk of diary of a madman album-which is a great collectible to have also when station went under ozzy thru a special benifit concert for the dj's (jim ladd/bob coburn etc) LA LOVES OZZY AND OZZY LOVES LA !
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

RhoadsToOzz wrote:I could be wrong, but, are you sure that's The Whisky?... Where is the The Whisky Marquee sign? The Whisky cross street is Clark St., and that goes up at a steep arch with only one lane. The photo might have been taken from the Shell gas station across the street looking at the diagonal corner from The club ...
I played detective LOL. Jeff, not sure where the Shell station is, but the photo was indeed taken from directly across the street, looking away from the Whiskey, so the billboard would have been diagonal from the Whiskey back in the 80's. No billboard on top of that building now, but same view in the distance, same downward slope to the street. Cool picture, thanks for posting.
Attachments
whiskey.jpg
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

surprised to see an oasis poster in america...
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

Its not the whisky.Its across the street,on the south side of sunset-you can verify this by the city lights on the right side of the building.

On google you can check it out.It appears that a large apt building has been built and i dont know if the corner building is a remodel but it does have a large billboard setup.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rl ... CAsQ8gEwAA
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
magicvoice

Post by magicvoice »

that my friends was a "Licorice pizza" record store...a now defunct chain...but then again aren't they all?
RhoadsToOzz

Post by RhoadsToOzz »

I think - The Diary and Tribute billboards were closer to the Sunset TOWER RECORDS (again, not there anymore).