Randy Rhoads' Strat For Sale?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

quinnsryche

Randy Rhoads' Strat For Sale?

Post by quinnsryche »

I was just on a site called www.mylespaul.com (heading is Randy Rhoads Strat) and there is a posting from Dec. of 2010. The guy says he was in a music store in Seattle (no name) and they have Randy's strat for sale at $220K. There are photos and a short story. Does anyone know if this is true? Take a look and let us all know what you think.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Randy Rhoads' Strat For Sale?

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Tony this has been mentioned before.... last year it was news now its history.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5168&hilit=Randy%27s+strat
quinnsryche

Post by quinnsryche »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Tony this has been mentioned before.... last year it was news now its history.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5168&hilit=Randy%27s+strat
Thanks fot the info. Very interesting that so many Randy fans slam something he actually played. If it was Babe Ruth's bat that he used in a game once, it would be worth at least that and he used hundreds or thousands of bats in his career. I kind of figured this would be worth actually MORE than what was being offered considering no one else has one of Randy's hand played guitars (if it's real, that is).
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

quinnsryche wrote:Thanks fot the info. Very interesting that so many Randy fans slam something he actually played. If it was Babe Ruth's bat that he used in a game once, it would be worth at least that and he used hundreds or thousands of bats in his career. I kind of figured this would be worth actually MORE than what was being offered considering no one else has one of Randy's hand played guitars (if it's real, that is).
I know we got off on the wrong foot discussing Lynch, so please take this as nothing more than a comment.

Babe Ruth was hugely famous, Randy was never on that level of notoriety. $1.3 million for a bat is still outrageous in my opinion... as for other Randy Rhoads 'hand played guitars', we've got members here with a bass Randy played and a practice amp setup (Zeus) which belonged to Randy.

As mentioned on the Les Paul forum, Randy played a Les Paul, not a Strat. Sure there is a picture of him playing it, but I don't think it belonged to him. If you think about it, Randy probably played loads of his students instruments, so would those be worth anything if you had a photo of him playing the guitar?

Value is in the eye of the beholder. I wouldn't pay $200k for any guitar (or anything short of a house, actually). What something is 'worth' and what people are willing to pay for it are 2 different things.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I agree Paul, Randy was never a huge star and the number of us who carry a light for him is tiny! 200K+ is stupid money and a disgrace.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

oh yeah, the ZEUS board...

from what I recall, the guy paid a hefty lump of money
and then fellow Rhoads worshippers(over at .TK anyway)
practically demanded that he'd give it back to the family,
FOR FREE!! :shock:

I mean, come on... Never saw any of them pony up the dough
and put their money where their mouths were :lol:
but they had no problem bitching about it :roll:
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Yep Stiltz' thats just how I remember it.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Stiltzkin wrote:oh yeah, the ZEUS board...

from what I recall, the guy paid a hefty lump of money
and then fellow Rhoads worshippers(over at .TK anyway)
practically demanded that he'd give it back to the family,
FOR FREE!! :shock:

I mean, come on... Never saw any of them pony up the dough
and put their money where their mouths were :lol:
but they had no problem bitching about it :roll:
Wait a sec, I think there was one ore two people calling for that. Anyway, It really does not matter it was dumb that anyone ask Halo to give it to the family after he paid 15G for it.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

dannyahansen wrote: it was dumb that anyone ask Halo to give it to the family after he paid 15G for it.
...and Halo was his name-o :lol:
It would've been one thing if he got it really cheap,
but like you said, he paid 15G for it :!: wonder what
their problem was...
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

Ah the old Zeus debate, I remember it well. That was my breaking point. It proved to me once and for all, people will make shit up to suit there own needs no matter how decent a person they seem to be.

In no way do I meen halo by the way.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

shawn wrote:Ah the old Zeus debate, I remember it well. That was my breaking point. It proved to me once and for all, people will make shit up to suit there own needs no matter how decent a person they seem to be.

In no way do I meen halo by the way.
I'm surprised that auction didn't get pulled from ebay. As the item was stolen, it had been taking from the bus. Whoever handed it over to the seller knew it was stolen. But to pay that amount of money was crazy, and i'm sure if i'd paid that amount for it i would of freely handed it over to the family... NOT!.
zennman
Cool Member

Post by zennman »

I believe I scored with the McNair bass!