Randy in new iGuitar magazine

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Randy in new iGuitar magazine

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Here is the new iGuitar interactive magazine with a feature on Randy and the John Stix interview from 1981 (which is rare if you are not one of us fanatics :D)
Attachments
RR iGuitar.JPG
RR iGuitar 2.JPG
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: Randy in new iGuitar magazine

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Oh, and since I said the other day that the best way to honor Randy's legacy is to continually learn more about playing the guitar, there are some very good pieces in this magazine to help you on your road to greatness.
Attachments
RR iGuitar 4.JPG
RR iGuitar 5.JPG
GuitarJoe
Cool Member

Post by GuitarJoe »

Thanks for scanning & sharing those. Am I a Randy snob? I only ask because whenever I read incorrect Randy info (like this article stating he was 26 when he passed) I get pissy. Like how hard is it to verify his age? But at the end of the day I guess I should just be happy his story continues to be told.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

It's a simple error to mistake the age... he was born in 1956 and died in 1982: 1982 - 1956 = 26. However, he was born in December and died in March, so if you do the math based on specific dates rather than on simplifying it and using just the year, he was 25 years, 3 months and 13 days old.

I agree, it's easy enough to verify the dates, and the dates should be verified for accuracy, but I never even notice how old he's listed as in an article. I rarely learn anything new from these things anyway anymore.

So, no, you're not a snob, just a stickler for accuracy.
Donnie
Cool Member

Post by Donnie »

Cool online magazine, thanks for the link!
1756 Mozart~1956 Rhoads~2156 ??????
zennman
Cool Member

Post by zennman »

Yeah, fact checkers!!!! Randall passed a couple of times it seems. Sometimes on Mar 19th, sometimes on Mar 20th ;^)