How Many "Festival" programmes are available..

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

How Many "Festival" programmes are available..

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I was wondering how many different festivals Ozzy & Co played around the world.I know about the Portvale Heavy Metal Holocaust 1st August 1981.They were suppose to do the Reading Rock Festival back in 1980.They are featured in the programme but they had to cancel for whatever reasons.The Day on the Green Oakland California 4th July 1981 that featured other bands but was their a programme available at the show.I've never seen one before but i should imagine a show of that size would of had a load of merchandise.Does anyone have one to show us ?? Or do you know of any other Festivals that Ozzy/Randy appeared at.I'm surprised they didn't do any in Europe as they do festivals all the time now.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

:lol: I think they actually played few more, but in some cases [like the tour dates] the festivals might not be separately mentioned, just according to place and date...interesting question, have to dig this one a deeper!
Mikel
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Didn't they do some shows in Germany together with Riot and Saxon. (1981 Diary tour)

And they were supposed to play at the Super Bowl in Orlando at March 20th 1982. If I remember correctly with Foreigner and Ufo.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I've looked throught the whole list of tour dates and the one's i've mentioned are the only festival ALL DAY concerts.But alot of the early UK tour dates don't get a mention as these were added through popular demand and another 18 dates ? were added at the end of the first lot of tour dates.So they may have done the odd festival as special guests with out advertising this.They did tour with Saxon and Riot but this was a common thing as they done a couple of gigs with Budgie and Raven.I'm looking for ALL DAY events not just support acts.They must of done more then 2 ???...
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I've looked throught the whole list of tour dates and the one's i've mentioned are the only festival ALL DAY concerts.But alot of the early UK tour dates don't get a mention as these were added through popular demand and another 18 dates ? were added at the end of the first lot of tour dates.So they may have done the odd festival as special guests with out advertising this.They did tour with Saxon and Riot but this was a common thing as they done a couple of gigs with Budgie and Raven.I'm looking for ALL DAY events not just support acts.They must of done more then 2 ???...
Ozzy didnt play any festivals in Great Britain during 1980 and I am certain 'Port Vale 1981' was his first British Festival and the second was 'Monsters Of Rock' in 1984.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Wolfie wrote:
Ozzy didnt play any festivals in Great Britain during 1980 and I am certain 'Port Vale 1981' was his first British Festival and the second was 'Monsters Of Rock' in 1984.[/quote]
Yeah Wolfie i think you've read that wrong, plus i could of worded this a bit better.I know they didn't do any All Day Festivals in the UK in 1980.I was trying to use the dates thing as a referrence to the festivals not being listed.Or like the Reading festival how they cancelled and if you didn't read the press at the time you wouldn't be any the wiser.It just seems strange that in 19 months, give and take they only played 2 known festivals Portvale HM Holocaust 1981 and the Day on the Green 1981,does any one have the programme from DOTG...??.I've never seen this one before.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I heard that the Blizzard of Ozz were due to play at a festival the day after the plane accident happened.I think Journey and Foreigner were mentioned to be on the bill.Can anyone add anything to this ..??
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I heard that the Blizzard of Ozz were due to play at a festival the day after the plane accident happened.I think Journey and Foreigner were mentioned to be on the bill.Can anyone add anything to this ..??

Yeah, I know.... :lol: it's been discussed over there long ago already. Still a great flyer! :D
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

You can't get much more fake than that :D , unless of course it's signed by Rudy Rhoads himself!
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

I was a big big Blizzard of Ozz fan(still am) and always used to read the music press (Sounds) at the time and no other Festival dates in U'K and Europe were played. They dropped out of Reading in 1980 and Slade took there place. Apart from Port Vale I'm pretty certain no others.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Fozzy41 wrote:I was a big big Blizzard of Ozz fan(still am) and always used to read the music press (Sounds) at the time and no other Festival dates in U'K and Europe were played. They dropped out of Reading in 1980 and Slade took there place. Apart from Port Vale I'm pretty certain no others.
Yeah Fozz thats what i'm trying to find out. I know of three, the Day on the Green festival 1981 HMH Portvale 1981 and the cancelled Reading Rock 1980.So thats two that they played in 18 months of being together it's not many ??