Zakk Wylde attends Randy's 30th anniversary memorial

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Zakk Wylde attends Randy's 30th anniversary memorial

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

It was cool to see that Zakk Wylde made the pilgrimage to Randy's memorial. :wink: I thought Ozzy would of made the effort this year. But as far as i know he's never been to Randy's resting place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1wS2z5Tlhk
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Re: Zakk Wylde attends Randy's 30th anniversary memorial

Post by Geo Sav »

I have heard that ozzy has never been there. Not sure if it's true or not,
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

Zakk is as true a fan as any of us!
Live Life Stronger Than Death
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I know Ozzy has said in interviews that he's never been back to the cemetry since the day of Randy's funeral. I can understand how upsetting it would be for him. But i think it's something he needs to do and he ain't getting any younger. Zakk is very much a fan like us and if it hadn't of been for his love of playing RR Ozzy tunes i don't think he would of ever pushed for the gig with Ozzy. Great to see the man showing his respect and admiration for RR. :wink:
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I can understand how upsetting it would be for him. But i think it's something he needs to do and he ain't getting any younger.

I disagree... grieving is a very personal thing and everyone needs to do it in their own way. Ozzy doesn't need our blessing in any way. If visiting a cemetery is to hard for him emotionally, I have no issue with that.

My dad passed a way in 2010 and I find it very difficult to visit the cemetery where he is buried. I think of him daily and I miss him dearly, but going to the grace site is too much for me to handle.

It's none of our business how Ozzy grieves, and I will never think poorly of him for not visiting San Bernardino.

(no offense intended GI, you have every right to feel as you do)
blues_n_cues
Cool Member

Post by blues_n_cues »

that thing took forever to load but the othe rvid- Kathy's daughter(the brunette) looks just like Randy,Kathy,& Mrs. Dee....I wonder if she plays anything. ya think she would w/ that family......
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Does anyone know if Jodi was there? I would imagine she was but had to ask.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I can understand how upsetting it would be for him. But i think it's something he needs to do and he ain't getting any younger.

I disagree... grieving is a very personal thing and everyone needs to do it in their own way. Ozzy doesn't need our blessing in any way. If visiting a cemetery is to hard for him emotionally, I have no issue with that.

My dad passed a way in 2010 and I find it very difficult to visit the cemetery where he is buried. I think of him daily and I miss him dearly, but going to the grace site is too much for me to handle.

It's none of our business how Ozzy grieves, and I will never think poorly of him for not visiting San Bernardino.

Yeah Paul i know we are all individual and no one likes to go to funerals and cemetrys etc. But could you honestly say to yourself that you'll never go to your fathers grave. Your different and can cope with doing this. As it is with Ozzy he isn't getting any younger. I think it would be one of his demons laid to rest if he did go. As he keeps mentioning it and he does send flowers every year but they are not the same. It would be shameful if Ozzy, God for bid suddenly passed on and didn't get to do this. Even if he went when it was quiet and peaceful with no other people around. By the way i know this is a sensitive issue and it does get personal but we deal with issues like these in our own little ways. I don't feel any offense towards this Paul and i hope you understand where i'm going with this topic Cheers :wink:
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I totally understand your point... and I was offering my point of view. It's nice when we can have differing points and post without a fight ensuing.
blues_n_cues
Cool Member

Post by blues_n_cues »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:

Yeah Paul i know we are all individual and no one likes to go to funerals and cemetrys etc. But could you honestly say to yourself that you'll never go to your fathers grave. Your different and can cope with doing this. As it is with Ozzy he isn't getting any younger. I think it would be one of his demons laid to rest if he did go. As he keeps mentioning it and he does send flowers every year but they are not the same. It would be shameful if Ozzy, God for bid suddenly passed on and didn't get to do this. Even if he went when it was quiet and peaceful with no other people around. By the way i know this is a sensitive issue and it does get personal but we deal with issues like these in our own little ways. I don't feel any offense towards this Paul and i hope you understand where i'm going with this topic Cheers :wink:
I'm sure Ozzy makes his peace on a daily basis & misses his friend in his own setting.He doesn't need or want to visit a memorial site. I know I miss my grandfather who raised me & was my mentor on commercial fishing boats- He WAS the old man & the sea.. but I don't have to visit his grave- I said goodbye 1 day in my own way. I'm pretty sure Ozzy did the same.

How could the man even write or record a song & not miss Randy in some way......
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

I wonder if Ozzy could even get away with visiting it, I don't know for sure (never did watch an episode of the O's) but I can imagine that logistics/traveling would be prone to flash mobs or just people buggin the ish outta him, cos well- he's Ozzy.

Imagine what may ensue if Ozzy came to a memorial, he may actually upstage it. I remember the Beatles didn't attend their manager's funeral because they didn't want to infringe upon the family's grief, or turn the event into something else. In that regard, I bet Ozzy doesn't want to take any attention away from Randy and the the Rhoads family.

I'm leaving Sharon out of this one.
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

RRFan4Ever wrote:I wonder if Ozzy could even get away with visiting it, I don't know for sure (never did watch an episode of the O's) but I can imagine that logistics/traveling would be prone to flash mobs or just people buggin the ish outta him, cos well- he's Ozzy.

Imagine what may ensue if Ozzy came to a memorial, he may actually upstage it. I remember the Beatles didn't attend their manager's funeral because they didn't want to infringe upon the family's grief, or turn the event into something else. In that regard, I bet Ozzy doesn't want to take any attention away from Randy and the the Rhoads family.

I'm leaving Sharon out of this one.
If he was wanting to escape the media he could easily go when the time would be more suitable. He'd be fine with a couple of minders, he does have a social life outside of being Ozzy on stage. Maybe one day we will hear that Ozzy has been to show his respect to his old pal.
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

I don't think he'll ever go if he hasn't by now. I wouldn't be surprised if somehow he still holds some guilt about it all.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Ozzy didn't go to his own mothers funeral because he couldn't face the pain so I don't imagine he will go to visit Randy again, I remember a friend losing his mum when he was young, I asked him if he viseted the cemetery very often and he said he never went because his Mum isn't there. He said he would rather think about her with his family because they are the ones who loved her.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Trigger wrote:He said he would rather think about her with his family because they are the ones who loved her.

That describes my feeling perfectly.