Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Isodee
Cool Member

Record Store Day - New Ozzy releases

Post by Isodee »

Bumped into these:

Believer 7"

Ozzy Live 2LP

They're record store day releases. Believer is obviously similar release to last year's Flying High Again but I couldn't find any other info.
Do you guys know what's that live album? With Randy, Jake, Zakk or Gus, anyone?
slobberface

Re: Record Store Day - New Ozzy releases

Post by slobberface »

All that I've seen is that Believer is a live version...they also referred to the single as a 'polka dot colored' 7'' so it's probably with Randy, that's all that was said though.... And the Ozzy Live 2LP thing, i'm guessing it's probably from whatever show the live version of Believer on the 7'' single is...probably nothing we haven't heard though...
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Ozzy Live... Sounds like the boxset release
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Isodee wrote:Bumped into these:

Believer 7"

Ozzy Live 2LP

They're record store day releases. Believer is obviously similar release to last year's Flying High Again but I couldn't find any other info.
Do you guys know what's that live album? With Randy, Jake, Zakk or Gus, anyone?
The vinyl list for Record Store Day isn't officially released yet. Just read on the site it will be shown in a couple weeks from now. Would be great if these items will be on it.

I have no idea what the double live album is. Could be something new with Gus, could even be a re-release of Speak of the Devil, who knows? Would be better if it was Randy ... maybe even the concert that was originally in the box set. It may very well be a re-release of Tribute, but I already have my original vinyl copy. I have two turntables and can transfer to CD. I buy vinyl throughout the year, but RSD is a blast.

UPDATE: Just found this link: http://www.vinylcollective.com/record-s ... list-2012/
Isodee
Cool Member

Post by Isodee »

^"Osbourne, Ozzy: Believer/ Goodbye To Romance (2010 Guitar & Vocal Mix)
Osbourne, Ozzy: Ozzy Live (2 LP)"

So GtR is from the box set. I wonder if they'd split the live from box set/DoaM Legacy into two vinyls because it's only 61 minutes long? Tribute was a double album but one side (about 15 minutes) longer too. Maybe they've thrown some bonus material to side D or went for 45 rpm? Could be a re-release of Tribute too.
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Isodee wrote:^"Osbourne, Ozzy: Believer/ Goodbye To Romance (2010 Guitar & Vocal Mix)
Osbourne, Ozzy: Ozzy Live (2 LP)"

So GtR is from the box set. I wonder if they'd split the live from box set/DoaM Legacy into two vinyls because it's only 61 minutes long? Tribute was a double album but one side (about 15 minutes) longer too. Maybe they've thrown some bonus material to side D or went for 45 rpm? Could be a re-release of Tribute too.
I'm guessing it's the live version from the box set. I'm sure it's probably going to be played 45rpm. For those that don't know, as an example, the Foo Fighters released Wasting Light on vinyl. People were playing it on the standard LP setting and it was playing slow. They were asked to play it on 45 even though it's a full-sized LP. There are only a few songs on each side, providing much better quality. The Foo LP is a double vinyl set because of this. This may very well be the situation with this live Ozzy release and why they are not labeling it because the box set version is spliced.
No1UNo
Cool Member

Post by No1UNo »

My best guess is that the "Ozzy Live" is directly from the Box set but just on vinyl. For the 7" single, I'd guess that the version of "Believer" is yet another track lifted and cleaned up from the 7.28.81 Montreal Show to go with the remixed Goodbye to Romance. It seems the Montreal show may be the only pro-recoreded show left to draw things from at this point. They'll probably cherry-pick tracks going forward to put out here and there.
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

The U.S. RSD list just confirmed officially that the Ozzy and Randy vinyl will be the Believer single and it will have a polka dot sleeve. Most likely from the box set. I think that is a Record Store Day exclusive. The double live LP, is probably the live version from the box set. They don't mention anything about the cover at all. I'm curious about that one being a double and what pictures might be included. They pressed it on thick vinyl and on two records like they did with Foo Fighters. That makes the quality really great and will most likely be played on 45rpm. Both will be released on Record Store Day, but I believe only the Live album will be available in all stores later. From what I've read only about 4,400 available for Believer in the states, I'm not sure about other countries.
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

This is the cover I made and use for the box set live cd.....

Isodee
Cool Member

Post by Isodee »

http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/5257

"Ozzy Osbourne

Believer

DETAILS
Format: 7" 45
Label: Columbia
Release type: RSD Exclusive Release
More Info:

Format: limited, numbered 7" black and white polka dot vinyl (symbolic of Randy Rhoads' guitar)

"Believer" (live)
"Goodbye To Romance" (2010 Guitar and Vocal mix)."

So it's polka dot vinyl. :D
Isodee
Cool Member

Post by Isodee »

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla ... mID=172115

"Live" 12-inch 180-gram audiophile vinyl LPs (two-disc set): A limited, numbered collector's edition recorded live on the 1981 "Blizzard Of Ozz" tour with legendary guitarist Randy Rhoads."

Wasn't the Southampton gig held in 1980? Most likely this is the live from the box set then. In that case we just get old stuff in new wrappings...
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Isodee wrote:http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla ... mID=172115

"Live" 12-inch 180-gram audiophile vinyl LPs (two-disc set): A limited, numbered collector's edition recorded live on the 1981 "Blizzard Of Ozz" tour with legendary guitarist Randy Rhoads."

Wasn't the Southampton gig held in 1980? Most likely this is the live from the box set then. In that case we just get old stuff in new wrappings...
I think most people are assuming it is from the box set. However, this is the first time it's available on vinyl. Believer the single will be limited, but from what I've read the double Live LP will be available in all stores later after Record Store Day. I could be wrong. I hope they would at least release a nice design on the double Live, with more rare photos on it and not something straight from the box set book. I will certainly post pics as soon as I get them.

UPDATE: Loudwire news announces that both vinyl releases are numbered and limited. http://loudwire.com/ozzy-osbourne-vinyl ... store-day/
Isodee
Cool Member

Post by Isodee »

Cover for the new live album.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

Isodee wrote:Image

Cover for the new live album.
I like that
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Isodee wrote: In that case we just get old stuff in new wrappings...
No surprises from the o$bourne stable how many times do they flogg the dead horse.... I'm surprised that the Live DVD with EXTRAS has not been released yet... Limited edition... yeah until it's been released in every format for us daft fans to spend our dolla$ on... :roll: