Record Store Day - New Ozzy releases

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

hansolo
Mass Poster

Re: Record Store Day - New Ozzy releases

Post by hansolo »

There could of been a booklet or tour book repro but Sharon Osbourne executive producer. 'Nuff said.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Silver Rhoads, are you in the US? US pressings? I wonder if there are any differences in the international/UK ones?
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

The Double Live will be released on a larger scale on May 21st. I went ahead and picked it up today anyways (and probably over paid for the privilege)
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

hansolo wrote:Silver Rhoads, are you in the US? US pressings? I wonder if there are any differences in the international/UK ones?
Yes, I'm in the U.S. Doubt there is any difference. It would be cool if there were differences.
cableguyxx wrote:The Double Live will be released on a larger scale on May 21st. I went ahead and picked it up today anyways (and probably over paid for the privilege)
This is what confuses me! The one I have is numbered. It clearly states that both are "Limited Editions", but I've read the double LP will be released in stores later. Will they still be limited and we just bought advanced copies? I know the Believer single won't be available.

I also agree, there should have been a booklet of Rhoads photos. Come on, are you telling me the coffee table book that is supposed to come out will put the official Ozzy releases to shame as far as a tribute is concerned? Do the Osbournes have anything else up their sleeves?
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Maybe future pressings won't be the 180Grams but who knows.? How many are there of each? Anything bout the single? The Flying high again single from last years RSD didn't have a number but the UK version was slightly different than the US (credits) but who knows how many there are out there? Cue Judas Priest - Dreamer/Deceiver.
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

hansolo wrote:Maybe future pressings won't be the 180Grams but who knows.? How many are there of each? Anything bout the single? The Flying high again single from last years RSD didn't have a number but the UK version was slightly different than the US (credits) but who knows how many there are out there? Cue Judas Priest - Dreamer/Deceiver.
All good questions! I didn't know last year's Flying High Again was slightly different in the UK. Record Store Day list had a number quantity of 4,400 for Believer, yet my single is 4428 or something like that. They may have had an incorrect number. It might have been 4,500. Who knows? No quantity mentioned for the Live album, but both are supposed to be limited editions. Maybe they are going to release it separately on CD, out of the box set. I don't know. I'm just guessing out of my ass at this point.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Your Double Live was numbered too? If so, where at?
Isodee
Cool Member

Post by Isodee »

cableguyxx wrote:Your Double Live was numbered too? If so, where at?
Right bottom corner on back cover, above Epic & Legacy logos. Mine is No 3514.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

hansolo wrote:I'm being a little sheepish about opening the live album. They are sealed, the singles aren't. I may want it keep them sealed as I collect old Ozzy lp's sealed in my collection. Yes, it is a gatefold. If the pics turn out to be lame, I won't open them. Anyone know if the vinyl is colored?
Go on Han get it opened it'll still be worth $20.00 if you don't play it. You've bought something to enjoy get it opened. This is going to be a massed produced item you watch 'Limited Edition' its a good sales gimmick. Put a number on the back change the cover. I cannot believe that this is being labeled as a limited edition when its already been released in the box set. Talk about flogging a dead horse..
So what was the vinyl with the 'polka dots' on, was that the single.
Can someone open the gatefold sleeve up and give us a looksee :shock: :? :shock: cheers
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

the gatefold picture is one big Ozzy picture. LAME. They did a shit job on the packaging of this Double Live. It's like it was an after thought.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Isodee wrote:
cableguyxx wrote:Your Double Live was numbered too? If so, where at?
Right bottom corner on back cover, above Epic & Legacy logos. Mine is No 3514.
I see it now, thanks. I guess I have #604. Man, the screwed the pooch with the lack of extra artwork on this thing. The LP's are in plastics sleeves as well. Nothing like Tribute LP.
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
hansolo wrote:I'm being a little sheepish about opening the live album. They are sealed, the singles aren't. I may want it keep them sealed as I collect old Ozzy lp's sealed in my collection. Yes, it is a gatefold. If the pics turn out to be lame, I won't open them. Anyone know if the vinyl is colored?
Go on Han get it opened it'll still be worth $20.00 if you don't play it. You've bought something to enjoy get it opened. This is going to be a massed produced item you watch 'Limited Edition' its a good sales gimmick. Put a number on the back change the cover. I cannot believe that this is being labeled as a limited edition when its already been released in the box set. Talk about flogging a dead horse..
So what was the vinyl with the 'polka dots' on, was that the single.
Can someone open the gatefold sleeve up and give us a looksee :shock: :? :shock: cheers
The recording was released in the box set, but this is the first time on vinyl. There are a good amount of people, including myself that are collecting vinyl again. Love the bigger artwork and the sound is warmer, separates the instruments, better high end, but I digress.

Cable, you're right, the artwork could have had more Randy photos. However, knowing what we know now about paper sleeves damaging vinyl, plastic sleeves are made now to protect them. I buy thick sleeve protectors for rare vinyl. I save the pictured paper sleeves outside of those protectors, like the Tribute vinyl.

Yes, the single Believer has a polka dot picture disc. Looks exactly like the polka dots on the outside of the box set. The picture inside the live gatefold is the same exact picture that is the cover of the Believer single.
SanDimasCharvel
Cool Member

Post by SanDimasCharvel »

I see there are 2LP's out there with busted sleeves, just like on my Blizzard and Diary LP's in my boxset. See the 2nd photo in this listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ozzy-Osboure-LI ... 416511054c

I have found that Sony and its labels really don't care much about quality control, both physically and sonically. I just bought a new CD that Ty Tabor of King's X mastered (Lillian Axe's "XI: The Days Before Tomorrow). It's the warmest sounding CD I've heard in years (it's musically incredible, too). One reason: they kept the levels in check. Why can't Sony do this?

Anyway, if you're buying the 2LP, keep an eye out for busted covers.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Yes, the plastic on the albums were affected but the albums look okay. I have to say, I had blast on RSD. I was lucky to live in upstate NY and there was 3-4 participating stores and I went around Sunday too. I ended up with a few singles and a couple of live albums + I bought some Misfits "Walk among us" 30th reissue which they did right. 1,500 purple vinyl International, 1,250 red vinyl, 1,250 blue vinyl and 500 clear vinyl. I bought 5 and wound up with 2 clear. It was like the Wonka golden ticket. What is weird is I have 3 Ozzy singles with consecutive #'s. Also, The live albums I have are #ered 1271 and 1721. GuitarIdol did you get a set? Do you want a set? Let me know.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

My computer went down Saturday night and just got it working today...