Randy And Dee duet

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

TAB
Madman

Re: Randy And Dee duet

Post by TAB »

thx for adding that Frank. I would hope they have personal material, I have heard stories of tapes before. I know Delores stated at a memorial that Randy wouldn't like things like that released because it would not be polished and he was an extreme perfectionist. I think that would be a viable reason not to release anything. I am sure knowing what little I do about Randy he would have recorded himself in his practices. That's the best way to find what you need to work on...

Tom
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

TAB wrote:thx for adding that Frank. I would hope they have personal material, I have heard stories of tapes before. I know Delores stated at a memorial that Randy wouldn't like things like that released because it would not be polished and he was an extreme perfectionist. I think that would be a viable reason not to release anything. I am sure knowing what little I do about Randy he would have recorded himself in his practices. That's the best way to find what you need to work on...

Tom
you're right tom. i kept my lesson tapes, not because they might have value someday. actually, i put them in a drawer and forgot they were there.

likewise, kathy never kept the postcards randy sent. he was going to be around forever, remember? we all thought that.

if randy did record his practice sessions, he probably re-recorded over the previous one at that.

again, i doubt there's a pile of stuff lying somewhere. i wish there was.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

frank wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:
Stiltzkin wrote:Hmmm ... a certain wine-maker comes to mind 8)

I wish the knocks on Kathy's wine would stop.

Did any of you ever hear the song on Ozzy's Blizzard of Ozz record that comes between Goodbye to Romance and Suicide Solution? The guitar player dedicated the song to his mom because he was from a close-knit family and it was important to him. He didn't necessarily write it for his mom - he'd been playing it for quite a while - but with the record he dedicated it to his mom.

So in 2005 his sister dedicated a wine to her brother because she loved him. She found a way to pay tribute to him and spread his name to non-guitar people. Wine people who would never listen to Ozzy have an opportunity to be introduced to Randy Rhoads as a result of this wine.

Look at it from a different point of view and you may see it differently.
thank you, paul. i'm going to chime in here too. do you folks really believe that the rhoads family is sitting on books, photos, recordings, video or whatever, simply to f*ck you fans?!? seriously? ain't so. there are not a lot of opportunities or tons of material to examine regarding the late mr. rhoads.

delores cautiously gave peter margolis permission to produce a documentary. she is nothing if not discriminating. even at that, things sometimes don't work out.

i can't imagine that any intelligent human being can believe that there is some united front/conspiracy by the rhoads and the osbournes
to torment fans and deprive them of something they believe they are entitled to.

i hate to disappoint you guys, but the relationship between the osbournes and delores is cordial and civil, but primarily social.

if you don't 'get' the wine, fine. don't buy it.

frank.
To some extent I believe that. The Osbourne/Mrs Rhoads relationship may be cordial and civil, but it's not always the Osbournes and Mrs. Rhoads that have a ton of never before heard RR on tape.

The wine?....Wine people, as you put it, aren't suddenly going to like RR's playing with Ozzy because his name and likeness are on a bottle. I'd have a guess and say that 95% of the sales of that wine went/goes to RR fans and collectors.......the main "market".
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

I have no problem with the wine. Made by his sister...that's cool. I think the family has every right to use Randy's name for whatever purpose they want, whether it be wine, guitars, whatever.

I don't think that the family tries to deprive the fans of anything either. They are known to be very generous and share their pictures, memories, even space (Musonia) with fans.

That being said, I guarantee that there is some footage out there that we have yet to see. I don't think the Rhoads family is holding out, either they don't have it or don't hold the rights, whatever...

And I do believe that there is money to be made if/when the footage gets put out. It's just too bad it has taken so long. I'm not pointing the finger anywhere. Delores, Kelle, and Kathy have always seemed to be more than generous to fans. I appreciate that. And I do not believe I'm entitled to anything, although I would love to see more live footage. I definitely appreciate all the photos posted by Paul Wolfe. I'm new to this forum, just taking it all in is exciting. Take care :)
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Frank you gotta understand that you experienced what every member here could only dream of. I would be listening to those tapes all the time. Randy isn't why I first picked up a guitar BUT he is the reson I studied the guitar. Learn to read music, study modes ect. Most of all he was half the reason I studied classical guitar ( my teacher gets props too). I do feel only the Rhoads family should make money generated by Randy. But I'm more interested in the music and his lessons anything. For the most part I do like most things that the Hendrix family has done. I was just looking for posters to frame and hang of Randy in my studio where I teach and the cheapested was Jay of Randy. If they made some of this stuff available they could make the money and it definitely helps to keep Randy's legacy going stronger than ever. Btw a friend bought your book for me. You did a great job. That is the kind of stuff we like.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

camdenlp wrote:I have no problem with the wine. Made by his sister...that's cool. I think the family has every right to use Randy's name for whatever purpose they want, whether it be wine, guitars, whatever.
Coming up... The brand new Volkswagen Randy Rhoads Limited Edition. :lol:
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

Who's not in the market for a new VW?
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

:P :lol: You guys are ball breakers. Your gonna get in truoble.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Tito wrote:LMFAO!!!!!!!!!
Rumour says a few select ones will have polkadot leather seats.
and the RR emblem in the front instead of the usual VW one.
All approves by Randy Rhoads late family, so it has to be legit right?
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Ohhh boy.... :lol:
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

Geo Sav wrote:Frank you gotta understand that you experienced what every member here could only dream of. I would be listening to those tapes all the time. Randy isn't why I first picked up a guitar BUT he is the reson I studied the guitar. Learn to read music, study modes ect. Most of all he was half the reason I studied classical guitar ( my teacher gets props too). I do feel only the Rhoads family should make money generated by Randy. But I'm more interested in the music and his lessons anything. For the most part I do like most things that the Hendrix family has done. I was just looking for posters to frame and hang of Randy in my studio where I teach and the cheapested was Jay of Randy. If they made some of this stuff available they could make the money and it definitely helps to keep Randy's legacy going stronger than ever. Btw a friend bought your book for me. You did a great job. That is the kind of stuff we like.
hi george. i think the book you're referring to is the one by robert lafond? not mine, but thanks anyway.

all my memories and anecdotes along with lesson scans, some lesson audio, photos and postcard have been freely given. i've never asked for anything in return and my approach to forums and fan sites is as a fellow fan.

for my trouble, i have been subjected to rude and vile shit from some serious assholes. i've also met some really great people as well and value the friendships such as yours. my experience has made me reluctant to post any more audio. i'll share it with a few valued friends, but as i've found, no good deed goes unpunished.

cheers, frank.
JAY
Cool Member

Post by JAY »

Frank thanks for sharing those lessons,I was very glad to get those scans when they were up :shock: amazes me people sling bullshit and attack people who share ,the bs with the wine is just plain retarded ,anyone who has spoke with Kelle or Cathy would know they are genuine and appreciate the fans,anyone who disputes that is just full of shit .
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

I'm such a airhead. I don't know how I mixed that up with you and the book sorry. No disrespect to you or the Rhoads family. I love listening to randy play.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

frank wrote:for my trouble, i have been subjected to rude and vile shit from some serious assholes...
And some 'fans' have even subjected you and your wife to the incessant babbling of a crazy 3-year-old!

Seriously, Frank, you have been more than gracious with all you've given us. I wish everyone could treat you as the gentleman that you are.