Randy And Dee duet

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Randy And Dee duet

Post by Geo Sav »

I remember reading one of the guitar magazines back in the day and Delores said Randy and her used to sit around and play duets. I think she talked about them playing alot of chamber music. I wonder if they have any recordings of these.
Stiltzkin

Re: Randy And Dee duet

Post by Stiltzkin »

Geo Sav wrote:I wonder if they have any recordings of these.
No, and even if there were, Dee wouldn't let it out anyway... :(
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

From Heavy Block Radio Interview 1995

TR: “You probably have a plethora of memories, but do you have one special one that just touches your heart?”

DR: “Oh yes, definitely. Of course, there could be many. I could refer way back, but fortunately, it was a short time before the accident, let’s put it that way. Randy came home from touring. He just had a short break, he just had a few days, came home, of course. We both had busy schedules. Of course, his was tremendously pressured, because of traveling and all. But somehow we just had that morning where we weren’t pressured time-wise, so he said, “Mom, come on, let’s play some duets. Get your flute out.” And flute and classical guitar go very well together and we just had the greatest session playing for, I would say, about two hours or two and a half hours.”

TR: “Oh, man…”

DR: “And that is such a nice memory because we enjoyed that so much.”

TR: “I bet.”

DR: “It really was lovely. He had his classical guitar music and there were two parts and I said, “That’s fine, don’t worry, I’ll transpose it.” So I transposed it and played it on the flute.”

TR: “Did you ever record any of those things, just for fun?”

DR: “No, no. We just did it because we enjoyed it so much.”
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

:x :x Ohh man!!! Figures .. just like everything else that would be cool to have and it's not recorded.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Yeh! It wasn't that article but that's what I was talking about.
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

If she did have recordings, I wouldn't blame her for not releasing it. Many seem to take advantage of the Rhoads' generosity, trying to make a quick buck off of Randy's legacy.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Nice guitars!
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

If Delores is making the money I don't think it should be a problem. Seeing that if she had the recordings if they recorded them, she should get any profit.
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

I agree Geo, and thanks btw :-)

It would be cool to hear some of Randy's classical playing beyond Dee, although it was a great little piece. I learned on a classical guitar, I'm thinking about digging it back out one day soon.
mauk 1

Post by mauk 1 »

stress2stress2 wrote:From Heavy Block Radio Interview 1995

TR: “You probably have a plethora of memories, but do you have one special one that just touches your heart?”

DR: “Oh yes, definitely. Of course, there could be many. I could refer way back, but fortunately, it was a short time before the accident, let’s put it that way. Randy came home from touring. He just had a short break, he just had a few days, came home, of course. We both had busy schedules. Of course, his was tremendously pressured, because of traveling and all. But somehow we just had that morning where we weren’t pressured time-wise, so he said, “Mom, come on, let’s play some duets. Get your flute out.” And flute and classical guitar go very well together and we just had the greatest session playing for, I would say, about two hours or two and a half hours.”

TR: “Oh, man…”

DR: “And that is such a nice memory because we enjoyed that so much.”

TR: “I bet.”

DR: “It really was lovely. He had his classical guitar music and there were two parts and I said, “That’s fine, don’t worry, I’ll transpose it.” So I transposed it and played it on the flute.”

TR: “Did you ever record any of those things, just for fun?”

DR: “No, no. We just did it because we enjoyed it so much.”
When you read this, Did you hear Dee's voice speaking ... Or am I the only one... Such a sweet lady...
ImageImage
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

camdenlp wrote:Many seem to take advantage of the Rhoads' generosity, trying to make a quick buck off of Randy's legacy.
Hmmm ... a certain wine-maker comes to mind 8)
And it has NOTHING to do with Randys music really.
Just an attempt to make a quick buck slapping his name onto something :roll:
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

The wine I didn't understand. What about the stuff fans really want like pitures, books, music ect. Then put out wine.
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

I would most of all love some good quality video, and unreleased recordings (although who knows if they even exist).

And please don't let the camera film Ozzy or Rudy during Randy's solos :-(
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Stiltzkin wrote:Hmmm ... a certain wine-maker comes to mind 8)

I wish the knocks on Kathy's wine would stop.

Did any of you ever hear the song on Ozzy's Blizzard of Ozz record that comes between Goodbye to Romance and Suicide Solution? The guitar player dedicated the song to his mom because he was from a close-knit family and it was important to him. He didn't necessarily write it for his mom - he'd been playing it for quite a while - but with the record he dedicated it to his mom.

So in 2005 his sister dedicated a wine to her brother because she loved him. She found a way to pay tribute to him and spread his name to non-guitar people. Wine people who would never listen to Ozzy have an opportunity to be introduced to Randy Rhoads as a result of this wine.

Look at it from a different point of view and you may see it differently.
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
Stiltzkin wrote:Hmmm ... a certain wine-maker comes to mind 8)

I wish the knocks on Kathy's wine would stop.

Did any of you ever hear the song on Ozzy's Blizzard of Ozz record that comes between Goodbye to Romance and Suicide Solution? The guitar player dedicated the song to his mom because he was from a close-knit family and it was important to him. He didn't necessarily write it for his mom - he'd been playing it for quite a while - but with the record he dedicated it to his mom.

So in 2005 his sister dedicated a wine to her brother because she loved him. She found a way to pay tribute to him and spread his name to non-guitar people. Wine people who would never listen to Ozzy have an opportunity to be introduced to Randy Rhoads as a result of this wine.

Look at it from a different point of view and you may see it differently.
thank you, paul. i'm going to chime in here too. do you folks really believe that the rhoads family is sitting on books, photos, recordings, video or whatever, simply to f*ck you fans?!? seriously? ain't so. there are not a lot of opportunities or tons of material to examine regarding the late mr. rhoads.

delores cautiously gave peter margolis permission to produce a documentary. she is nothing if not discriminating. even at that, things sometimes don't work out.

i can't imagine that any intelligent human being can believe that there is some united front/conspiracy by the rhoads and the osbournes
to torment fans and deprive them of something they believe they are entitled to.

i hate to disappoint you guys, but the relationship between the osbournes and delores is cordial and civil, but primarily social.

if you don't 'get' the wine, fine. don't buy it.

frank.