Mass Poster

Re: Bobs book??

Post by Geo Sav »

Cool hope it doesn't get pushed back.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Anything new on Bobs book? I wanna read this. Just wondering.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

On his last post on his site he answered some question. He said its down to the final edit and it will be released later this year. He's been saying this for the last 6 months i just hope it is out then.
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Bearing in mind that this subject really raises temperatures around here....

Bob has been in final edits stage since April 2010.
I have not seen a single press release, nor has any publisher stepped forward to announce that Bob's book is on their release list, either.
This is standard practice. It hasn't happened. Cause he doesn't have a publishing deal. And if he does, then why would they not publicize the book's release date?
Just sayin'.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Anti Bob monger..... Sit down man !!!!
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Idol,

No personal opinion offered by me on this. Just the facts that I am aware of.
I welcome any non-subjective insights or updates on this subject.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

shred1 wrote:Bearing in mind that this subject really raises temperatures around here....

Bob has been in final edits stage since April 2010.
I have not seen a single press release, nor has any publisher stepped forward to announce that Bob's book is on their release list, either.
This is standard practice. It hasn't happened. Cause he doesn't have a publishing deal. And if he does, then why would they not publicize the book's release date?
Just sayin'.

I've never heard of a book being on any publisher's release list before the final edits have been agreed and they definitely haven't been in the final stages since April 2010. Bob met with publishers in London during August 2011. I'm sure his book will be published when he's satisfied with what he's written and he's happy with how it's going to be presented and distributed.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Lets hope its soon. it has been a long time waiting though.
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

I've never heard of a book being on any publisher's release list before the final edits have been agreed
Yes, books are on a list, with a pre determined release date. Just like albums are.
Many an album and/or book has had a release date set before it was actually completed. That IS how it works.
Yes, Bob met with publishers last summer. No announcement of a deal being struck however, nor a release date.
Its been almost three years now since Bob announced he is writing a book.

I work in that industry (printing and publishing). I speak the truth here. Books don't take that long to write and edit.

No publisher is willing to pay him what he wants for his story. That is the delay.

Ask Bob this very question on Facebook.
BE SPECIFIC. 'Bob, do you have a publisher for your book?'

Not 'when is your book coming out'. You will get the same answer 100s have received... ' doing finals edits right now'.

Just facts folks.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Geo Sav wrote:Lets hope its soon. it has been a long time waiting though.

Yeah, maybe that's because Bob's written it himself. He's been a professional musician for over forty years so he's got a lot to write about. These days 'auto' biographies are usually written by journalists.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

shred1 wrote:
I've never heard of a book being on any publisher's release list before the final edits have been agreed
Yes, books are on a list, with a pre determined release date. Just like albums are.
Many an album and/or book has had a release date set before it was actually completed. That IS how it works.
Yes, Bob met with publishers last summer. No announcement of a deal being struck however, nor a release date.
Its been almost three years now since Bob announced he is writing a book.

I work in that industry (printing and publishing). I speak the truth here. Books don't take that long to write and edit.

No publisher is willing to pay him what he wants for his story. That is the delay.

Ask Bob this very question on Facebook.
BE SPECIFIC. 'Bob, do you have a publisher for your book?'

Not 'when is your book coming out'. You will get the same answer 100s have received... ' doing finals edits right now'.

Just facts folks.
No, not facts, just assumptions and misinformation. Writers get between 10 and 20 percent of profits from a book publishing deal. Publishers get rich, writers take a percentage. When Bob is ready to publish his book, it will be out there.
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Whatever.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

He met with several publisher while in London, there's no problem with having it published, when it's finished.

Hard to put a release date on a product if one can't be decided on because it isn't finished.

It's a big book, and no one is co-writing it with him.

A few of us would like the book to be put out right now, but of course it doesn't work like that, it'll be out when it's out.

Some of us, maybe, are tinkering with the idea that perhaps it's all a crock of shit and there isn't a book. But it doesn't matter at all what we think.

Bottom line is, when the book comes out, there's going to be a lot of Ozzy fans who scream "Lie's.....all Lie's" and the fall out from that will be nothing short of spectacular.....
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Guys, I have no doubt that Bob has written a book. None whatsoever.
However, he doesn't have a publisher to the best of my knowledge.

In publishing and music, you work to the deadline. U2 for example, still has to deliver on the dates set by their record company. That is not an assumption or miscommunication.

It IS how it works. I have been in publishing for over twenty years.
Publishing books is a dying industry, hence extremely low 'advances' for people with stories to tell. Not just Bob.

rokket, without sounding argumentative, what exactly will the fall out of his book be? I don't think there will be any. The cheques have been cashed.

I think that when and if the book comes out, we will be shocked at how little impact it has. Or more succinctly, it will have a big impact on a very tiny audience.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i agree with you on that shred!!!!!unfortunate bu true!!!!