Bobs book??

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Shockwave
Mass Poster

Re: Bobs book??

Post by Shockwave »

Sharon is an asshole theres no argument there.

You seem to be advocating violence against women.....and also against smaller weaker people than yourself?

Randy Rhoads was what 112 pounds? and Sarzo too he got smacked in the face , oh and Don Costa another bass player in the face also...

Osbourne was a violent wife beating bully , and he didnt just beat SHaron he beat his ex wife Thelma about too...

Do you want a spade?

wow learn how to take a joke dude...is bible study over?

Who cares if Randy was 112lbs, it's not like Ozzy is some 250lb bodybuilder. Ozzy is a scrawny little fuck also, even when he was fat. Nowhere near Randy's petite stature though. But still, Randy was a guy, Ozzy probably had no reason to punch him in the face but he did, it was done with. They went on and played the remaining gigs with the 35 days give or take Randy had left of his life still. Who knows, if Ozzy had any hint of Randy/Sharon sleeping together then he had every right to smack him in the grill. I doubt he knew, but if Randy/Sharon did really sleep together as she mentioned then maybe Ozzy noticed Sharon was seemingly attracted to Randy and in his drunken super just decided to smack him...

He hit Rudy probably because he was pissed that he hired a bass player and expected him to actually be able to play bass ;)
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

mojopin70 wrote:
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:I'm reading this right now, and what strikes me is really how sympathetic in many parts Ozzy comes off. Really reinforces the idea that Sharon is the mind behind the operation, and the holder of the purse strings. Oz seems content to just be Oz, and you get the feeling that Bob genuinely liked/likes Oz despite all the nonsense that went down between them.

And yeah, FANTASTIC book. It's fascinating to read about Bob's rather storied career with other bands as well as Ozzy. This was well worth the wait, IMO. Great work.

Sympathetic? what about the violent wife beating and violent attacks on band members oh and the drinking binges oh and the drug binges....yeah really sympathetic guy.
Perhaps I should clarify, as you overreacted to what I said here.

What I should say is that Ozzy comes off in many parts of the book as being "one of the guys", not like he's better than everyone else. It also seems like Ozzy was led around a bit by Sharon, just in how it's described by Bob. He mentions that Ozzy used to say something along the lines of, "me hand, me heart", which I'm guessing is an English saying? He seems like an average Joe in some spots, albeit one who gives in to his many vices often. Doesn't mean I agree with that, though. I think Ozzy, at different times in his life, has treated many of those around him terribly, when in fact he should be happy he has such great people around him, supporting him.

Now, let me be crystal clear: I DO NOT, and WOULD NOT condone violence against women, or anyone or anything else, for that matter. I didn't suggest that in anything I wrote there, did I? I think it's rather presumptuous of you to think that, but whatever.

I hope that helps to clarify what I meant here.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Double post...sorry!
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

so mojo you must be perfect.wow!!ozzy was fucked up and insecure and shit happens when your on booze n blow..im sure ozzy sits back and is proud of his behavior back then.also you seem to be very good at taking posts out of context..
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

DMRX wrote:Cant Wait for it,Im Having Some serious legal/Money headaches at the moment ,but after listening & worshiping these records & everything RR since I was 6,I HAVE to Know Someone Help me.......Please!!
I was gonna write Bob on his Website as Im sure he'll answer,but I dont want to ask him something thats in the book,so can ANYONE of you fellow RR die-hards just tell me if there is any tracklisting info about the BOO Pre-Production demos that were recorded for Jet? Lee had mentioned hearing them before auditioning w/Goodbye to Romance (Obviously) & Crazy Train w/a Disco-type beat...is there anything mentioned about what else was recorded ???
Spoiler alert! There is a 4 song BOO demo mentioned, as well as the first time OTM was played and the first song they worked up but they didn't use. Bob mentions recording those things and having recordings AKA the grail, as some have mentioned. Yes, I find it a good read and Bob does come off as a good guy who had some bad deals on the money side but doesn't hold grudges.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Shockwave wrote:
Sharon is an asshole theres no argument there.

You seem to be advocating violence against women.....and also against smaller weaker people than yourself?

Randy Rhoads was what 112 pounds? and Sarzo too he got smacked in the face , oh and Don Costa another bass player in the face also...

Osbourne was a violent wife beating bully , and he didnt just beat SHaron he beat his ex wife Thelma about too...

Do you want a spade?

wow learn how to take a joke dude...is bible study over?

Who cares if Randy was 112lbs, it's not like Ozzy is some 250lb bodybuilder. Ozzy is a scrawny little fuck also, even when he was fat. Nowhere near Randy's petite stature though. But still, Randy was a guy, Ozzy probably had no reason to punch him in the face but he did, it was done with. They went on and played the remaining gigs with the 35 days give or take Randy had left of his life still. Who knows, if Ozzy had any hint of Randy/Sharon sleeping together then he had every right to smack him in the grill. I doubt he knew, but if Randy/Sharon did really sleep together as she mentioned then maybe Ozzy noticed Sharon was seemingly attracted to Randy and in his drunken super just decided to smack him...

I got the joke " dude" but now you are talking about people deserving to be violently attacked.Actually Osbourne was back with Thelma when that happened.

And he is / was a violent wife beating alcoholic....

Have you ever been a victim of violence or domestic violence?

What im getting from reading your post is defense of Osbourne being a violent moron and treating people like shit and basically being a cowardly little tool , its not the Osbourne that i liked and worshipped when i was a teenager before i knew the facts -Yes ill quote FOR FACTS SAKE whats the matter with you? thats ok it takes one to know one as they say.....its quite embarrassing ,spade for you too then?
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
mojopin70 wrote:
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:I'm reading this right now, and what strikes me is really how sympathetic in many parts Ozzy comes off. Really reinforces the idea that Sharon is the mind behind the operation, and the holder of the purse strings. Oz seems content to just be Oz, and you get the feeling that Bob genuinely liked/likes Oz despite all the nonsense that went down between them.

And yeah, FANTASTIC book. It's fascinating to read about Bob's rather storied career with other bands as well as Ozzy. This was well worth the wait, IMO. Great work.

Sympathetic? what about the violent wife beating and violent attacks on band members oh and the drinking binges oh and the drug binges....yeah really sympathetic guy.
Perhaps I should clarify, as you overreacted to what I said here.

What I should say is that Ozzy comes off in many parts of the book as being "one of the guys", not like he's better than everyone else. It also seems like Ozzy was led around a bit by Sharon, just in how it's described by Bob. He mentions that Ozzy used to say something along the lines of, "me hand, me heart", which I'm guessing is an English saying? He seems like an average Joe in some spots, albeit one who gives in to his many vices often. Doesn't mean I agree with that, though. I think Ozzy, at different times in his life, has treated many of those around him terribly, when in fact he should be happy he has such great people around him, supporting him.

Now, let me be crystal clear: I DO NOT, and WOULD NOT condone violence against women, or anyone or anything else, for that matter. I didn't suggest that in anything I wrote there, did I? I think it's rather presumptuous of you to think that, but whatever.

I hope that helps to clarify what I meant here.

Yeah thats great because you know the bubble has been burst for me, when i was a kid i worshiped osbourne but i found out he wasnt this great guy who wrote meaningful lyrics . I have learnt in time that he was a complete asshole to women and violent alcoholic who abused people close to him ....

Also to learn that he punched Rhoads in the face for wanting out of the band is appalling the guy was trapped, controlled , manipulated , blackmailed and the proof is in the pudding as Tommy Aldridge said, They wont let you go alive....and that unfortunately was his way out.

I am absolutely sure SHaron wouldve made threats and tried other tactics to keep him in the band...

Ozzy Osbourne =A pathetic very lucky man....
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Tito wrote:so mojo you must be perfect.wow!!ozzy was fucked up and insecure and shit happens when your on booze n blow..im sure ozzy sits back and is proud of his behavior back then.also you seem to be very good at taking posts out of context..

Far from it, but ive never attacked or beaten a woman ive never punched out people close to me either. And ive never blackmailed or deceived people the way The Osbournes have either...

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

mojopin70 wrote:ive never punched out people close to me either.
Ever punched out anyone not close to you? :lol: Just bein' a smartass, sorry.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

I got the joke " dude" but now you are talking about people deserving to be violently attacked.Actually Osbourne was back with Thelma when that happened.

What im getting from reading your post is defense of Osbourne being a violent moron and treating people like shit and basically being a cowardly little tool , its not the Osbourne that i liked and worshipped when i was a teenager before i knew the facts -Yes ill quote FOR FACTS SAKE whats the matter with you? thats ok it takes one to know one as they say.....its quite embarrassing ,spade for you too then?
LOL...

- I could careless what Ozzy is like or what he does in his personal life, i don't warship him like you did. Did you have like nudes of him hanging on your ceilings and so forth? I listen to his songs, that is it....

- No i have not been a victim of domestic violence, were you beaten up by your wife or something? I was in a few fights in my youth, that's normal though. Maybe not in the rainbow and unicorn world you seem to reside in.

- I'm a cowardly tool for making a reference that 99.0% of the world would take as joke other than you? LOL, sorry, maybe you should stay off the internet if you can't handle it. If you get offended so easily then internet forums/message boards are the last place you should be.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Shockwave wrote:

LOL...

- I could careless what Ozzy is like or what he does in his personal life, i don't warship him like you did. Did you have like nudes of him hanging on your ceilings and so forth? I listen to his songs, that is it....

- No i have not been a victim of domestic violence, were you beaten up by your wife or something? I was in a few fights in my youth, that's normal though. Maybe not in the rainbow and unicorn world you seem to reside in.

- I'm a cowardly tool for making a reference that 99.0% of the world would take as joke other than you? LOL, sorry, maybe you should stay off the internet if you can't handle it. If you get offended so easily then internet forums/message boards are the last place you should be.

I didnt say " warship" i said " worship" you americans always have war on the mind eh?

Did i have nudes of O.O on my wall? nope, but when i was 12 Blizzard of Ozz was a pretty big thing for me . I got the joke but you just couldnt be bothered to read that part.

Have i ever been beaten up by my wife ....nope.

I dont find anything youve said offensive in fact nothing i have ever read on this site .

You defended his drunken violence against women and men thats ok , no problem . Thats ok thats great.....love it , high 5.

Have a good time all the time -Spinal Tap

mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
mojopin70 wrote:ive never punched out people close to me either.
Ever punched out anyone not close to you? :lol: Just bein' a smartass, sorry.
lol

hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Anybody wanna talk about the book? It is really a good read. Bob also talks about Randy getting his pedalboard for the first time and recording Randy playing with it. Anybody know if randy gave the MXR effects to the guy and he just hardwired them in? I heard it was like $1,500 to build it.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

mojopin70 wrote:

you americans always have war on the mind eh?
We do? News to me.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

hansolo wrote:Anybody wanna talk about the book? It is really a good read. Bob also talks about Randy getting his pedalboard for the first time and recording Randy playing with it. Anybody know if randy gave the MXR effects to the guy and he just hardwired them in? I heard it was like $1,500 to build it.

Yes that was at Clearwell Castle about 10 mins drive from here......£1100 pounds , yes i think he took the housing off and wired them in ....

Pete Mertons would know ......if hes still around......