Bobs book??

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

rokket
Madman

Re: Bobs book??

Post by rokket »

Could the publishers that Bob has met with said, "tell us when it's finished and we'll go from there" or could Bob have just said, "ok, so I'm interested in who might be keen to publish it when I'm ready".....I don't know. Maybe Bob didn't want a deal as such when he met with them because he knew they would want some kind of a deadline and he didn't want to work like that? Could be many reasons, all I know is that several were keen to take it and Bob was going with the best offer, as you would.

In regards to fall out. I just get the feeling that a lot of die hard Ozzy fans are going to cry foul, because the book is not going to portray Ozzy as a driving force behind the writing and composing of the first two albums with Randy.

That and many other misconceptions about the O's are not going to sit well with some die hard fans..........thats why I get the feeling that a lot of people will go down the " I don't think Bob is telling the truth", road, because they've had their own perspective about the O's for so long, and will simply refuse to believe otherwise.

How well will it sell..........????

We can only guess, there's a lot of people interested in Bob's Rainbow, Gary Moore and Ozzy day's, and to probably a lesser degree his time with Uriah Heep, Black Sabbath, and others. As well as some of the photos he has from his collection, I'm sure some of those will be cool.

It won't sell as many copies as Ozzy's book, but I get the feeling it'll be far more interesting.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i gotta agree with rockett there too!!!!!good points on rockett and shred!!!!!!!!
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

How big is this book gonna be?
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

To the best of my knowledge, Bob took a completed manuscript to London last summer.
No one would bite.

As to the books audience.... if you know who Bob Daisley is by name, chances are pretty good you already know the gist of his story, albeit missing some details.
Would that be fair to say?

Why doesn't someone ask Bob if he has a publisher? Get an answer from the horses mouth.

I asked Mr. Daisley this question via a private email last year. His answer was a bit of a rant about it being 'better than Ozzy's book of lies', but no mention of a publisher, or a release date. Same stock answer.... 'doing final edits right now, should be out be the end of the year'.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

So no publisher than? Would explain why it's still not out.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

Geo Sav wrote:How big is this book gonna be?
It's 22 chapters.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

shred1 wrote:To the best of my knowledge, Bob took a completed manuscript to London last summer.
No one would bite.

As to the books audience.... if you know who Bob Daisley is by name, chances are pretty good you already know the gist of his story, albeit missing some details.
Would that be fair to say?

Why doesn't someone ask Bob if he has a publisher? Get an answer from the horses mouth.

I asked Mr. Daisley this question via a private email last year. His answer was a bit of a rant about it being 'better than Ozzy's book of lies', but no mention of a publisher, or a release date. Same stock answer.... 'doing final edits right now, should be out be the end of the year'.
When Bob came back from London last year after first going to Italy to see the finished version of his signature bass, he was quite happy with the publishers that were interested in publishing "For Fact's Sake !. That doesn't mean he has to have anything to do with them until HE'S ready, not them.

That is all from "the horses mouth".............a.k.a. BD.
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

So you are Bob Daisley?
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

shred1 wrote:So you are Bob Daisley?
No..!!! a.k.a "the horses mouth" is BD, not me.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

So Bob is writing the whole book with no help?
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Geo, why don't you ask Bob Daisley these questions?
He is available via his website or Facebook, and to his credit, he does respond.

Or you can get 'miscommunication and assumptions' from one of us.

cheers
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

'For Facts Sake' why does it always turn into 'I know it all..... You know nothing post' when it comes down to Bob fucking Daisley. The same people are involved one likes the guy and one wants his world to come collapsing down around him. Whatever Bob's doing is it not a plus for us ...He's got enough with people who have fucked him over for what he is worth. Give him a break and just wait for the book to come out. Even if he has to sell it from his website i'll buy the book, publisher or not. It's like listening to a couple of bitchy women in the toilets slagging a mate outside. The same old shit but a different day... :roll:
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Idol,
Note your first comment in this thread. You are always in instant defensive mode when it comes to me, and or rokket's comments.
There is no slagging going on here. None. In fact, you appear to be the argumentative one in this thread. I do not think rokket's comments were argumentative. Nor mine.

This thread started about a month and a half before I commented. So don't give me the whole instigator thing.

I offered insight into how the publishing industry works and the only plausible conclusion I can come up with with regards to this book. Deal with it.

Common sense should prevail here. What is happening with Bob's book?
Ask Bob.

One last comment - If we find that Bob does not have a publishing deal in place, is he being truthful to the faithful, claiming it will be out later this year, for over two years?

I suggested self-publishing to Bob Daisley. It would cost him about $4.00 a unit for a full color, soft cover book. He scoffed.

He wants the big advance. Sometimes the truth hurts. For Bob, this book is about MONEY, not 'facts'.

Take a hard look at your own avatar Idol.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

Damn shred thats a bit harsh dont you think?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

eyes left...:shock:
shred1 wrote:Idol,Take a hard look at your own avatar Idol.
Yeah i put it there for people like you. When i cannot be bothered to type. I'll defend Bob and i'll put my point of view across. I don't want to hear the same repetitive shit. But i seem to have lit your fuse. What's wrong did i say something to upset you. Well every time your chewing the fat with the Anti Bob protest i'll come back waving my banner ok. You've always got something to say thats negative towards the guy. Why ??. Did you get the fuck off from Ozzy at the audition and did Bob get the job ?.