Bobs book??

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Re: Bobs book??

Post by whoopiecat »

I thank you very kindly for that post Sky. That took oodles of patience to hold that particualr card until now.
I would imagine Shred will be joining under a new name going forward, as his cred is now shot to hell.
Shred's Cred...now this is getting comical!
Any argument he has is now completely worthless...love it!
Shred, you probably think "gee, but I'm not going anywhere..." You really may as well at this point, as anything you post from here on will be met with harsh ridicule, like it or not, as you created this monster, didn't you?
Probably feeling pretty stupid now, eh?
The Roth Army forum has a sheep pen...maybe one can be created here and you can be the first in it.
While there, you could start writing a book...maybe base it on all of the atrocities, falsehoods and transgressions Bob has committed in his evil life...see how long it takes you to get it published. (As it will have to contain material concerning Osbourne and Rhoads, we know how those fucking projects go!).
If you have anything to add, please see Shaun's avatar.
Adios,
~Tom
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
zennman
Cool Member

Post by zennman »

I have broken bread with Bob, and I only saw a very nice, humble, well spoken person. The hate towards Bob on these forums baffles the mind!
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Bob Daisley and/or Sky's communications came to a full stop when I asked If he had a publisher, I suggested I might be able to help in this matter, if need be. I didn't want to meddle - that part of it is not my business. I didn't ask for details. True? Nor was any money involved, or asked for. True? I would have done it for dirt.

No updates, you guys just disappeared. I asked to taken be seriously.
Please don't 'blow me off' I said. Well after a year, I considered myself 'blown-off'.

Sitting in silence for a year, I am left to draw my own conclusions.

A simple email update from one of you would have went a LONG way. 'We are not ready, we are revising things, we are not interested'.... whatever, I could live with that.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

Shred i think you should just leave it alone.you wound up makin a complete ass outta yourself for what?
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

It's like a soap opera is going on here. When I started this topic I was legitimately curious about Bobs book for one reason only and that was for new stuff on Randy. Now its turned into this. It has gotten very interesting. BTW are the chapters in bobs book long ? :lol:
SLAGER
Cool Member

Post by SLAGER »

Wow, what an interesting ride this thread was. Whew! Anyway, i know nothing about publishing but it seems that after this much time has passed, its getting published becomes less likely each passing day, month, year, (decade?). I really hope I'm totally wrong about that cuz I'm a big Bob fan and will buy it instantly.

Oh yeah and also, Shred I agree that if they were already corresponding with you, then its kinda rude for them to just suddenly stop. They give you some hope and excitment then shoot you down without knowing why. Hopefully the project is still a go and all is good.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

SLAGER wrote:Wow, what an interesting ride this thread was. Whew! Anyway, i know nothing about publishing but it seems that after this much time has passed, its getting published becomes less likely each passing day, month, year, (decade?). I really hope I'm totally wrong about that cuz I'm a big Bob fan and will buy it instantly.

Oh yeah and also, Shred I agree that if they were already corresponding with you, then its kinda rude for them to just suddenly stop. They give you some hope and excitment then shoot you down without knowing why. Hopefully the project is still a go and all is good.

This will be the final posting from me but just to clarify the situation, below is Bob's reply to Shred's enquiry dated 4th of January 2011...

I'm almost finished the text of my book and will be working on the photos in the coming weeks. I'll have it ready for publishing this year but as yet I haven't given the design much thought. I think that when I have a definite title - there are a few in the short list - I'll be more focused on what the design could/should be. As for Ozzy's book (or who ever wrote it for him) it's not only full of blanks, it's full of inaccuracies and the brown stuff that's good for the garden. I can tell you this much, mine is accurate and truthful, I've kept diaries since the mid '70s. Obviously whoever publishes my book will have their own ideas on how it should be designed but I'll keep you in mind, so don't be afraid to come forward again in the future. Cheers and all the best for 2011. Bob.

Shred, you wrote three emails to Bob, two on consecutive days in June 2010 and one at the beginning of 2011. Bob replied to you as he does to everyone who writes in to his site and in his last message he left the ball in your court to keep in touch in the future, should you wish to do so. Your messages were taken seriously, Bob and I both believed you were the enthusiastic fan that you presented yourself to be and thought it would be great if a fan designed the cover for his book when the time came. Obviously, you aren't a fan so I'm not sure why you were so keen to be involved.
Yes, Bob thought that his book would be ready for publishing at the end of last year but other projects, like designing his signature bass, demanded time and attention. When the final edits are done and Bob is completely happy with all 22 chapters, he'll focus on who's going to publish it. At that point the design for the cover will be discussed.

Sky
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I'd like to weigh in here... I recently read Joel McIver's book on Randy and one simple statement made me question everything which came before it...
The day before Randy's death, the Washington volcano Mount St Helens erupted, killing 57 people.
Mount St Helens did have an eruption that day, however, the eruption that killed 57 people was on May 18th,1980, around the time Randy was playing reunion gigs with Quiet Riot and nearly a year prior to Blizzard being released in the States...

A simple error, but an easily corrected error.

If Bob Daisley spends six years on 'final edits' and eliminates similar errors which can be easily verified, it'll be worth the wait.

No offense to Joel McIver, his editors should have caught that.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Paul Wolfe wrote:I'd like to weigh in here... I recently read Joel McIver's book on Randy and one simple statement made me question everything which came before it...
The day before Randy's death, the Washington volcano Mount St Helens erupted, killing 57 people.
Mount St Helens did have an eruption that day, however, the eruption that killed 57 people was on May 18th,1980, around the time Randy was playing reunion gigs with Quiet Riot and nearly a year prior to Blizzard being released in the States...

A simple error, but an easily corrected error.

If Bob Daisley spends six years on 'final edits' and eliminates similar errors which can be easily verified, it'll be worth the wait.

No offense to Joel McIver, his editors should have caught that.
Yeah Paul i think Kelle Rhoads made some slurr on the book. He was on a video saying he'd noticed 179 errors in the book. Kelle doesn't give it much praise. I read the book and i noticed a few mistakes in dates, getting the Diary tour mixed up with the Blizzard tour etc. It's all down to research and getting the facts correct. Alot of Joe's book came from other sources, so he had to rely on those being correct ?. The video mentions it at 6:15 here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxPaLOg_ ... e=youtu.be
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

If you are going to write a book, research, research, research.....check and check again, read and re-read.....
You can be forgiven a slight error or two, but not a few dozen. There's no genuine excuse for it, it's just poor work.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

rokket wrote:If you are going to write a book, research, research, research.....check and check again, read and re-read.....
You can be forgiven a slight error or two, but not a few dozen. There's no genuine excuse for it, it's just poor work.

Exactly.

I enjoyed the book... mostly the pre-Ozzy stuff is what I found interesting. I could have done without the discussions of influence Randy had on countless players, though.

I'm a stickler for accuracy in books.

With that in mind, Ace Frehley claims to have set up Mitchell's drums at a Hendrix gig in 1970 shortly before he died... I thought Hendrix had moved on from Noel Redding and Mitch Mitchell in 1969... so I Googled it and found that Mitchell was playing again with Jimi (and Billy Cox) in '70... so what I perceived as BS fro Ace in his book turned out to be ignorance on my part. That little research helped me enjoy Ace's book that much more.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

I enjoyed Ace's book. I enjoyed both those books. But you should definitely research.
SLAGER
Cool Member

Post by SLAGER »

Hah, I'm actually more shocked that Ace got it RIGHT! He probably remembered it wrong and then an editor "corrected" it.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

You ain't kidden. He did some heavy partying.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

whats the name of aces book?i wanna get it!!!!!!!!!im waiting on peters too!!!!!!!!