Bobs book??

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

mojopin70
Mass Poster

Re: Bobs book??

Post by mojopin70 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:My second copy arrived today, so for everyone who had earlier editions with loose pages. The printers have started to dispatch the more sturdier copy. I'll keep this one in good condition as my first copy is in a sad state now, pity as that is the signed copy. I'm about two thirds through the book and it has been a very entertaining read with some great laughs on the way. What would you expect from the 'Prince of Daftness' full of waffle dust. Bob's mother proves to be a mystic fortune teller and her predictions are just unbelievable to predict that RR would die at a young age. How Bob was pre-warned but couldn't see the connection of the guy being Randy. As he was not in the Blizzard band when his Mom seen into this future window. Maybe if he had continued to play in the band in the earlier days things may have worked out differently while Randy was still alive. I don't want to give too much away, but enjoy the book it was a long time in the making, but well worth it.
I got mine today too.......i missed the bloody post again though!! :evil:
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

What is mentiond about the holy grail? Is there anything said about the possibility of a video recorded show? I eventually didn't buy the book because only the Ozzy part of the book would interest me... How big is this part? Thanks!
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Stewie wrote:What is mentiond about the holy grail? Is there anything said about the possibility of a video recorded show? I eventually didn't buy the book because only the Ozzy part of the book would interest me... How big is this part? Thanks!
Everything that there is to mention about the holy grail is mentioned.
Nothing is said about a video show of the original Blizzard of Ozz because it doesn't exist.
Over a period of 16 years, Bob often worked alongside the only thing that interests you so that part of the book is big.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

Thanks! Might get it for the holidays or something :)
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Stewie wrote:Thanks! Might get it for the holidays or something :)
You're welcome!
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Just got my book yesterday!! Can't wait to read it. I got an email saying I was gonna get two books Because they had a problem with the binding in the first book.I only got one. Does anyone know anything about it? Do you get the two books separated?are they not sending two books now?
halo8th
Cool Member

Post by halo8th »

they were sent separately. I got the first one about a week ago - a 2nd one showed up yesterday. Both of my copies are in perfect condition.
BTW - i've started through the Ozzy stuff and i've got through the Blizzard time period and just came onto the start of the Diary period before i stopped and got busy. An incredible read so far. Best book ever. As good as Rudy's book was - this book is light years better. I'm highly impressed.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Geo Sav wrote:Just got my book yesterday!! Can't wait to read it. I got an email saying I was gonna get two books Because they had a problem with the binding in the first book.I only got one. Does anyone know anything about it? Do you get the two books separated?are they not sending two books now?
The signed books were sent before the problem with the binding on some of the books came to light. The printers offered to reprint and rebind another run of books, so your second copy will come directly from the printers. Everyone who ordered a signed copy will be getting a second one free of charge.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

I'm reading this right now, and what strikes me is really how sympathetic in many parts Ozzy comes off. Really reinforces the idea that Sharon is the mind behind the operation, and the holder of the purse strings. Oz seems content to just be Oz, and you get the feeling that Bob genuinely liked/likes Oz despite all the nonsense that went down between them.

And yeah, FANTASTIC book. It's fascinating to read about Bob's rather storied career with other bands as well as Ozzy. This was well worth the wait, IMO. Great work.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Thanks guys. I'm on the second chapter and can't wait to get to the Blizzard Of Oz stuff!!!!!
halo8th
Cool Member

Post by halo8th »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:I'm reading this right now, and what strikes me is really how sympathetic in many parts Ozzy comes off. Really reinforces the idea that Sharon is the mind behind the operation, and the holder of the purse strings. Oz seems content to just be Oz, and you get the feeling that Bob genuinely liked/likes Oz despite all the nonsense that went down between them.

And yeah, FANTASTIC book. It's fascinating to read about Bob's rather storied career with other bands as well as Ozzy. This was well worth the wait, IMO. Great work.
as far as the "Sharon-relationship" - for the first time i've now got the impression that it wasn't that "awe-struck love" that Sharon tries to preach to everyone - it was her almost forcing Ozzy into that relationship and Ozzy being too 'nice' to leave it (when he really wanted to stay with Thelma). Many of us have been in those, sucked in by a strong-willed girl we never really wanted to be with in the first place. I know i was and lots of other people i know have been to.
Not going to give anything else away yet, but its far and away the best rock book i've ever read. I think we need to start a "Bob's book SPOILERS" thread.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:I'm reading this right now, and what strikes me is really how sympathetic in many parts Ozzy comes off. Really reinforces the idea that Sharon is the mind behind the operation, and the holder of the purse strings. Oz seems content to just be Oz, and you get the feeling that Bob genuinely liked/likes Oz despite all the nonsense that went down between them.

Sympathetic? what about the violent wife beating and violent attacks on band members oh and the drinking binges oh and the drug binges....yeah really sympathetic guy.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

mojopin70 wrote:

Sympathetic? what about the violent wife beating and violent attacks on band members oh and the drinking binges oh and the drug binges....yeah really sympathetic guy.

Bands fight...
Bands to drugs..
Bands go on drinking binges..
If Sharon was your wife you would beat her to..
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Shockwave wrote:
mojopin70 wrote:

Bands fight...
Bands to drugs..
Bands go on drinking binges..
If Sharon was your wife you would beat her to..

Sharon is an asshole theres no argument there.

You seem to be advocating violence against women.....and also against smaller weaker people than yourself?

Randy Rhoads was what 112 pounds? and Sarzo too he got smacked in the face , oh and Don Costa another bass player in the face also...

Osbourne was a violent wife beating bully , and he didnt just beat SHaron he beat his ex wife Thelma about too...

Do you want a spade?

DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Cant Wait for it,Im Having Some serious legal/Money headaches at the moment ,but after listening & worshiping these records & everything RR since I was 6,I HAVE to Know Someone Help me.......Please!!
I was gonna write Bob on his Website as Im sure he'll answer,but I dont want to ask him something thats in the book,so can ANYONE of you fellow RR die-hards just tell me if there is any tracklisting info about the BOO Pre-Production demos that were recorded for Jet? Lee had mentioned hearing them before auditioning w/Goodbye to Romance (Obviously) & Crazy Train w/a Disco-type beat...is there anything mentioned about what else was recorded ???