Bobs book??

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

shred1
Madman

Re: Bobs book??

Post by shred1 »

Maybe Bob Daisley did kinda fuck me over... ever think of that?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

shred1 wrote:Maybe Bob Daisley did kinda fuck me over... ever think of that?
So you've got a story to tell, i'm all ears or do you need a publisher for your book. :wink: :lol:
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

I will save my story until when/if Bob's book comes out.
So, yeah, you probably will never hear my story.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

damn this is gettin good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

Bottom line is ....why does Bob have to tell us who the publisher is, might be, or could be? He doesn't, maybe he can't for various reasons. It's a bit like saying, "Well if you can't tell us the title of the new album then obviously you haven't got a new album...."

It'd also be interesting to know who reads these threads wouldn't it..????
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

So shred we shouldn't ask questions on this site now? You seem a little edgy bro. You don't have to answer.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

This is getting very good!
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

man i could give 2 fucks over if bobs got a publisher or whats the hold up!!when his book comes out ill get it!!! kellys book is coming out soon cant remember the date and ima buy that one too..in order to understand a certain individual you have to read 15 to 20 books on the subject and that means both or however many sides of the story until you reach you own conclusion..with any writer theres always an agenda and until you read and understand both sides will you get the truth!
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Guys, if you want to know the status of Bob's book. Ask him.
He is available, as mentioned before.

Be specific. Don't let'em off the hook with his stock response.

And why is a publisher important in this conversation? Think about it. MONEY. The value in Bob's story is in his association with RR.
Hands up anyone who would buy the book, minus the chapters regarding Ozzy and Randy. Be honest. I wouldn't. His work outside of the Blizzard of Ozz is OK, but hardly stunning.

He isn't doing a book for the fans.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

shred1 wrote:Guys, if you want to know the status of Bob's book. Ask him.
He is available, as mentioned before.

Be specific. Don't let'em off the hook with his stock response.

And why is a publisher important in this conversation? Think about it. MONEY. The value in Bob's story is in his association with RR.
Hands up anyone who would buy the book, minus the chapters regarding Ozzy and Randy. Be honest. I wouldn't. His work outside of the Blizzard of Ozz is OK, but hardly stunning.

He isn't doing a book for the fans.
Gary Moore, Ronnie Dio, Ritchie Blackmore, Cozy Powell, Tony Iommi, Yngwie Malmsteen, etc....hardly stunning?.

.......thats without adding Randy Rhoads, Jake E Lee and Zakk Wylde, and Ozzy.
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Gary Moore, Ronnie Dio, Ritchie Blackmore, Cozy Powell, Tony Iommi, Yngwie Malmsteen, etc....hardly stunning?
Those folks didn't need Bob Daisley to make a name for themselves, and no, his work with these artists is not stunning.

I don't believe he did any writing in Rainbow, and was a fill-in guy on the rest of them, with the exception of Gary Moore, whose albums 'pre-Daisley', are in my opinion, superior.

The rest of the names mentioned are via his tenure with Ozzy Osbourne.

I never hear Zakk even mention Bob. I am open to the fact I may have missed it.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

shred1 wrote:
Gary Moore, Ronnie Dio, Ritchie Blackmore, Cozy Powell, Tony Iommi, Yngwie Malmsteen, etc....hardly stunning?
Those folks didn't need Bob Daisley to make a name for themselves, and no, his work with these artists is not stunning.

I don't believe he did any writing in Rainbow, and was a fill-in guy on the rest of them, with the exception of Gary Moore, whose albums 'pre-Daisley', are in my opinion, superior.

The rest of the names mentioned are via his tenure with Ozzy Osbourne.

I never hear Zakk even mention Bob. I am open to the fact I may have missed it.
God!!!! you can lead a horse to water... it's went from no publisher no book. Now it's Bob's book wouldn't be worth shit without the RR & Ozzy connection. You are now stating the obvious. Very much like Rudy Sarzo's book and Kelly's book take away that vital ingredient and the product is going to be alot harder to sell. But Bob was a vital asset to the making of those Ozzy albums. I watched the Ozzy dvd 'Don't Blame Me' the other night and Ozzy mentions Bob in a non descript way 'we sat down and wrote those songs'. Ozzy got stoned and pissed and came up with a melody or a verse. Bob laid down 90% lyrics with the phrasing and Ozzy sung them. OK if it was some other singer the product may have died a death. But Ozzy was the selling product thats why they didn't want to produce the album as a band called the 'Blizzard of Ozz'. Getting back to the point, how many bass players are great song writers. Yeah we have people like Jack Bruce, Lemmy,Nikki Sixx, Paul McCartney... Yeah its hard to pluck famous bass players out the air that are frontline material when it comes to song writing. But Bob is an exception IMHO, shred you'll always have to put Bob down, as you've said you do have an axe to grind with him. But the majority want to see his book and will give Bob the positive vote. Not to kick up old dust, but we've been here before, its the same old tune.
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

shred1 wrote:Maybe Bob Daisley did kinda fuck me over... ever think of that?
Shred, why do you visit this site? You hardly ever mention Randy's name and seem to have an unhealthy obsession with Bob Daisley, who you apparently have no respect for.
So what if there have been delays with getting his book finished? Doing final edits is time-consuming and laborious. After the first draft of the book was completed, Ronnie Dio and Gary Moore sadly died. Both were close friends and Bob wanted to pay tribute to them and acknowledge their passing in his book.
However, your suggestion that Bob Daisley may have fucked you over is the reason that I'm writing this.
Given your record of Bob-bashing on this site, I'm surprised that you sent him a private message but I'm not surprised that he replied.
Only, Bob didn't say that his book is 'better' than Ozzy's in his reply, did he? Keep it accurate. What he actually said was...
'As for Ozzy's book (or who ever wrote it for him) it's not only full of blanks, it's full of inaccuracies and the brown stuff that's good for the garden. I can tell you this much, mine is accurate and truthful, I've kept diaries since the mid '70s.'
You see, all of your 'private' messages were sent to 'professional enquiries' at Bob's website, and they get to him through me.
'Fuck you over'? Is that what Bob did after you begged 3 times to design the cover for his book? He told you that your details would be kept on file. They are on file and Bob was going to contact you when he was ready.
Or did he 'Fuck you over' or 'Scoff' when you slagged him off on his Facebook (the same way you slag him off on this site) before you had the gall to suggest that he should talk to you about self-publishing? No trustworthy professional would attempt to discuss business on a public forum so I'm not sure if I even forwarded that one to Bob, I may have deleted it. So you can blame me if he didn't reply.
You've never met Bob Daisley and you've certainly never had business dealings with him. In fact, you know very little about the man and even less about his career. You constantly talk about money being Bob's sole motivation and yet YOU are the only one who's tried to profit from his book so far. If you ever had any 'Shred' of credibility, you've lost it.

Sky

PS. Shall I cross your name off the list of people wanting signed copies?

PPS. Apologies to everyone who's had enough of the personal vendetta and visit this site to talk about Randy.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Sky cheers for shining some light on this one... it makes alot more sense now. I can see why Shred didn't want to share his story with us :lol: .
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

I did say earlier, "it would be interesting to know who reads these threads, wouldn't it?".....